Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Benalouane "Ready to Play"

He's fantastic to have as a rotation or back up option but he's not good enough to be starting over the course of the season, he steps out far too often which leaves the rest of the backline exposed.

Was thinking the other day that Benny is a touch vulnerable in the air, compared to our normal man-mountains.

But then I thought about who he has come up against, literally every giant forward in the PL, pretty much in every game he has played. Benny in the land of the giants! Considering that, and the fact he has clearly been targeted in the air by opposing managers, he did ok.

I'll start the list.

Carroll

Lukaku

Crouch

Rondon

Benteke

Giroud

There were probably some others, and perhaps it isn't surprising he has started using them as ladders lol, considering he is only 6'1/6'2.

13 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Was thinking the other day that Benny is a touch vulnerable in the air, compared to our normal man-mountains.

But then I thought about who he has come up against, literally every giant forward in the PL, pretty much in every game he has played. Benny in the land of the giants! Considering that, and the fact he has clearly been targeted in the air by opposing managers, he did ok.

I'll start the list.

Carroll

Lukaku

Crouch

Rondon

Benteke

Giroud

There were probably some others, and perhaps it isn't surprising he has started using them as ladders lol, considering he is only 6'1/6'2.

6ft 5 CB needed 

Guest CityFan 06

He was very, very good again today. The performances since coming in for Morgan have been expert.

I'm still not convinced that he's good enough to be starting long term but he's fantastic to have as a back up as he's clearly very professional. He's spent most of his Leicester career playing with the under 23s yet he's slotted in without a fuss and he seems like a top bloke too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's class. Vastly underated. Even before his current run, the games he's had in the cups over both seasons he's barely put a foot wrong. People still saying shit like 'he's fine as backup' need to get a grip: backup to two ageing, slowing old skool CBs who need phasing out over the next season? He's the only CB we have who can actually control a ball and play out from the back, he's been so refreshing. 

He looks so comfortable on the ball, some of his passing was poor today but it's refreshing to actually see a CB try and pass it forwards further than 5 yards.

7 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's class. Vastly underated. Even before his current run, the games he's had in the cups over both seasons he's barely put a foot wrong. People still saying shit like 'he's fine as backup' need to get a grip: backup to two ageing, slowing old skool CBs who need phasing out over the next season? He's the only CB we have who can actually control a ball and play out from the back, he's been so refreshing. 

I agree very patronising to a bloke who is in the form he's in. If he had cost 30 million and just put these last 8 performances in people would be raving about him.

I don't agree the other two need phasing out though both been good in patches this year both got two years minimum at city.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Definitely worthy of a place in the matchday squad next season. 

Huth to be fazed out next year and Morgan the year after so one or two young defenders required.

Phased out at 32 and 33 both got 2-3 seasons left.but yes Benny is coming through aged 30 a mere youngster!