Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Benalouane "Ready to Play"

Got to be said a great effort from him over last couple of years very professional and looks tidy and clean tackling on the pitch.No silly free kicks just enough to break up the play and win the ball back .Good balance stays on his feet .I hope we can find a place for him for the future

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

What message does that send out to the players who come in? Dosent matter how well you play because you won't be able to keep and fight for your place. 

Hey I'm with you 100%, I just can't imagine Yohan getting the start over a fit Wes. 

I don't think yesterday was one of his better performances, gave the ball away more then usual. Wes being our captain will come straight back into the team. The worry is that back issues are notoriously hard to overcome so Wes could be out for a while. Personally i think Benny's going to get quite a few games from now to the end of the season.

Lovely backheel to Huth tho. lol I bet the he hasn't seen many CB partners who have that in their locker!

Hats off to YB. The Mockery said Wes won't make it for Sunderland, and I'm not worried (tho I want Wes back by Atletico. Our depth at CB is much improved now we can count on Benny.

And YB has turned from 'bad signing' to 'unlucky signing' in the space of 2 weeks. Perhaps we should give a bit of slack to our other recent recruits. Not everyone slots in like Ndidi, it can take time.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
Polishing!
  • Like 2

So question for you all. With Benalouane showing signs of being decent, how many CB's do we need to recruit in the summer? Though it's early to tell, he looks like a competent replacement for an average Premier League game.

Many say we need replacements for both Morgan and Huth, but realisitically they are going to keep their places given our revival. If we do sign two CB's then it will leave players not playing and getting rusty on the sidelines, which is not good for their morale or performances. And what about Amartey? He continues to be used as a DCM but could he play CB for us?

Personally I don't know right now, so would continue to scout multiple CB's and make decisions on how many are needed in the summer. Do Genk have any we can steal? The last two players they sold (Bailey and Ndidi) seem pretty good!

1 hour ago, WiFoxes said:

Like it or not there's no way Wes doesn't walk back into the team, particularly if he's fit for Atletico.

Yeah - I don't like it - places should go to the in form incumbents. 

And this may be a bit controversial, while we are on Wes; I think in the close season Kasper should be made Captain for two reasons.

1. Wes should not be playing every week now we have a viable alternative given his diabolical form, (Yes others were shit at the time I know) and his advancing years.

2. We need to keep Kasper - being captain may help.

6 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yeah - I don't like it - places should go to the in form incumbents. 

And this may be a bit controversial, while we are on Wes; I think in the close season Kasper should be made Captain for two reasons.

1. Wes should not be playing every week now we have a viable alternative given his diabolical form, (Yes others were shit at the time I know) and his advancing years.

2. We need to keep Kasper - being captain may help.

The type of offer that would tempt KS to leave us will not be knocked back by him because he is captain.

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The type of offer that would tempt KS to leave us will not be knocked back by him because he is captain.

On current form he's as good as anyone in the league including De Gea that means he's worth about 60 million in the T/F Market. But I'd sooner we keep him and keep building for the future.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You seem very certain of that.. and you may be right, but I don't see it as an issue regarding Wes, as his days must surely be numbered in terms of an automatic starter.

Offering it Kasper is a move to strengthen his relationship with the club so I see it as a no brainer, understanding that he may leave regardless. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You seem very certain of that.. and you may be right, but I don't see it as an issue regarding Wes, as his days must surely be numbered in terms of an automatic starter.

Offering it Kasper is a move to strengthen his relationship with the club so I see it as a no brainer, understanding that he may leave regardless. 

I have no qualms about giving him the captaincy but if we do that, it detracts from wes' position. I think you have to keep Wes as club captain and then as his position becomes less secure in the team and kasper has fixture captaincy more and more, it slowly drifts to kasper over a season. 

I'm sure that kasper will only leave us for a top four PL side starting position or a top European side. He wouldn't be able to resist one of these offers. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

So question for you all. With Benalouane showing signs of being decent, how many CB's do we need to recruit in the summer? Though it's early to tell, he looks like a competent replacement for an average Premier League game.

Many say we need replacements for both Morgan and Huth, but realisitically they are going to keep their places given our revival. If we do sign two CB's then it will leave players not playing and getting rusty on the sidelines, which is not good for their morale or performances. And what about Amartey? He continues to be used as a DCM but could he play CB for us?

Personally I don't know right now, so would continue to scout multiple CB's and make decisions on how many are needed in the summer. Do Genk have any we can steal? The last two players they sold (Bailey and Ndidi) seem pretty good!

A top CB is our number 1 priority in the summer, no question. Despite our upturn in form let's not repeat last summers' mistakes a second time round

I personally think that Benny has done so well, that he's more comfortable on the ball than Morgan and Huth,  that it's his place to lose now. Whilst I think the world of Wes,  with the best will in the world, if he doesn't play at least half the match against Everton,  he's a complete no no against Madrid. He'll be ring rusty after about a month off and conscious of his back injury. If Benny continues the same form in the next couple of games he's a shoe in for me.

• Like 2

I was sceptical about Benalouane and wondered if it was just a couple of decent cup games against teams not taking it seriously, but I have been genuinely impressed by him in our recent games to the extent I'd probably not throw Morgan straight back in when he gets fit again. He's impressed me.

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I was sceptical about Benalouane and wondered if it was just a couple of decent cup games against teams not taking it seriously, but I have been genuinely impressed by him in our recent games to the extent I'd probably not throw Morgan straight back in when he gets fit again. He's impressed me.

If Wes was not captain I think benny would keep his place. But see Wes getting his place back once fit.