Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Benalouane "Ready to Play"

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Anyone else think this is Claudio covering his back for not signing a CB tomorrow?

Yes.

And I fully well expect to see Morgan and Huth at centre half for the remainder of the season.

Absolute joke.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

It's  obviously a bit of gamesmanship in the game that is brinkmanship suggesting  to the sellers  we're  not desperate to sign their CB so won't pay over the odds.

• Like 2

Stinks of desperation.

However, the last time he played for us, I thought the consensus was that he was "OK" but nothing special? If he's going to be used in the FA Cup and non PL ties, might not be the end of the world.

Recruitment over the last 12 months has been a complete shambles though.Literally missed the chance of a lifetime...

• Like 3

I always thought he looked pretty solid. If he's fit, I'd definitely feel better about having him in the team than Wasyl, or Hernandez if he had stayed. Just weird that he's been rotting in the reserves for so long.

Doesn't excuse us not bringing in a CB with more quality than what we've got.

Just now, lgfualol said:

How does a CB "understand English football" according to Ranieri? 

I know it is just some bollocks he is saying, but if Benny can tackle, win headers and other basics then surely he already understands it?

Or was Benny passing out of the back too much and needed to learn how to hoof it out of the ground like Morgan and Huth? 

Playing against seasoned professionals in Serie A was the wrong type of preparation, what he really needed was 12 months of playing against 18/19 year old Strikers in the youth leagues  

• Like 3

Heads should roll if we don't bring in a centre half, I'm afraid - and not Claudio's who can only polish a turd so much.

The last time Benalouane played a competitive game (I don't count the JPT garbage) was over a year ago in the 2-0 cup replay loss to Spurs at home. Now, after persistent injury issues and a bit of a kickabout with the under-23s, he is ready for the demands of top flight football in the second best division in the world.

We're ****ing done for.

I thought he understood the English game pretty well last season when he was man of the match against West Ham in the league cup.... he subsequently lost any understanding when he wasn't allowed anywhere near the first team after that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

Given the passion and drive we all know Benny has, then he's worth playing regardless of ability, the fact that he can't be worse than either Wes or Huth is a bonus.

I've seen Benny play a full game once in the flesh. West Ham cup game and he was superb.