Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

1 hour ago, spaghettilegs said:

Tony Pulis, not that he would leave albion for us, but he's a quality manager who keeps teams in the prem. Him or Pearson. Which will never happen.

Got to be Pearson, what with that Premier League medal and all those managerial awards that Ranieri didnt win because he didnt do anything.

It's a strange one because for me Pearson is exactly what we need right now but I don't know if it's for the best in the long term. We need someone to come in and put a rocket up some of these 'superstars'. Pearson demanded respect from his players, something that CR appears to struggle with

The one thing that would immediately change if NP came in is the work rate. We are desperately lacking that at the moment 

It's all irrelevant anyway as I don't think the owners would have him back and I'm not sure he'd come back

36 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's a strange one because for me Pearson is exactly what we need right now but I don't know if it's for the best in the long term. We need someone to come in and put a rocket up some of these 'superstars'. Pearson demanded respect from his players, something that CR appears to struggle with

The one thing that would immediately change if NP came in is the work rate. We are desperately lacking that at the moment 

It's all irrelevant anyway as I don't think the owners would have him back and I'm not sure he'd come back

Sweet jesus no, we need to take a step forward not "fall back to Pearson" every time a manager doesn't work out LOL. 

Can we stop mentioning Pearson in this thread?  As good as he was for us he won't be coming back.  The owner's won't entertain it and Pearson himself won't come back for a third time.  That ship has sailed.  Eveyone needs to move on.

15 hours ago, gcxttle said:

Wouldn't happen but I'd love Tony Pulis, think he's one of the most underrated managers in the league. Always does well with limited funds, wouldn't be popular with the fans to start with but to be honest I don't care what style of football we play, I only care if we win. 

Pulis - or someone very like him - is exactly what's needed. Takes no nonsense, builds from the bottom with the right characters and has no fear of cutting the crap however big the ego. Can't ever imagine him wasting money like we have.      

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Shakespeare until the end of the season, then Wagner from Huddersfield, for me.

I would take that in an absolute heartbeat if offered it. I think it'd take a failed play off push from Huddersfield to attract Wagner though.

The owners will more than likely go for an out of work manager rather than get drawn into a protracted tug of war for someone already in work, unless a deal can be done very quickly. It took forever to get Pearson out of Hull and we were messing around for weeks trying to get Hiddink in before appointing Claudio.

I'd offer a king's ransom in the form of a bonus for staying up to whoever it is though.

Mancini, not sure whether he'd fancy it. Roy Hodgson would fit the bill for the owners, Guus Hiddink again.

The usual suspects of course would be linked, Harry Redknapp, Alan Pardew, Frank de Boer, LVG.

Perhaps an international manager may be easier to tempt, Roberto Martinez? A return for Martin O'Neill - I'm not sure would want to tarnish his standing here by going back and getting us relegated.

I'm interested in David Wagner has Huddersfield playing great football, wouldn't mind seeing Wells or Mooy here to be honest.

Rowett not 100% on him, maybe if we went down.

Archived