Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Underneath this shambles there's a decent club with potential.

It's just about selling that. We sold Schlupp for 14 million! Surely we can sell ourselves to a decent young prospective manager.

I think Hughton is another I'd be interested to see what he'd be like.

Hughton's an interesting shout, I like him as a manger but his stints at Newcastle and Norwich (in the prem) weren't great and I'm not sure he'd leave Brighton after building the side for a while. We managed to shaft Palace for Schlupp but I think that was them rather than us, our transfer business has been awful under since Pearson left so I'm  to sure if we really are a decent club anymore tbh

Sadly looks as if the board aren't going to act (no doubt still counting their windfall from last season) but my suggestions are:

Eddie Howe

Nigel Pearson

Rafa Benitez

David Wagner

Garry Monk

Gary Rowett

PS I realise that most of those are extremely unlikely!

42 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Hughton's an interesting shout, I like him as a manger but his stints at Newcastle and Norwich (in the prem) weren't great and I'm not sure he'd leave Brighton after building the side for a while. We managed to shaft Palace for Schlupp but I think that was them rather than us, our transfer business has been awful under since Pearson left so I'm  to sure if we really are a decent club anymore tbh

Yeah his Premier league stints have been fairly underwhelming so far which has made him a bit of an afterthought.

Wagner looks like the one though, taking the players out to the Swedish wilderness to bring them closer together.

Would love it if we could tempt him here.

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Problem is that Hodgson performed his miracles at WBA and Fulham before his England debacle, so now he's a failure, which is going to affect player confidence in him. Basically, if these lazy slackers aren't putting in 100% for a man who gave them everything, then they're not going to for a failure either. 

Especially given that Vardy was part of that failed England team. Dont think Drinkwater would be on the best of terms being left out either. 

And given his England and Liverpool exploits, Hodgson doesn't seem to have the balls to drop big players. 

Anyhow given his age, is he really a long term solution regardless?

Currently I'd take anyone with a proven track record of getting teams out of trouble just until the end of the season.

Then if we achieve that going forward I would aim for Eddie Howe. Im almost certain that he'll be the England manager one day. 

22 minutes ago, Karlos-da-gr8-Fox said:

Wide shot but what about Gus Poyet?

Think he could do a decent job here, 

still young enougg and has a lot pf experience at different levels

i liked the way brighton played under him he was their Nigel Pearson 

thoughts?.....

7dn74Nj.gif

Just now, Stevosevic said:

MON till the end of the season - they need a kick up the arse.

Bring Roy with you too - they've worked reasonably well for Ireland

In all honesty, Roy Keane knocking around (not as manager I'll add) is exactly what this bunch of lazy ****ers need right now. He'd take no shit, he'll tell it to them like it is.

26 minutes ago, Karlos-da-gr8-Fox said:

Wide shot but what about Gus Poyet?

Think he could do a decent job here, 

still young enougg and has a lot pf experience at different levels

i liked the way brighton played under him he was their Nigel Pearson 

thoughts?.....

Poyet? lol 

You'll be suggesting Di Canio next! lol 

If Roy Keane has actually learned from MON, he may not be a bad shout but it is a big if.

Wouldnt be opposed to them both coming in with the long term view of Keane taking over (similar to when Bassett and Adams came in).  MON will never lose stock with the fans even if we still were to be relegated.

I've said previously that Pardew wouldn't be a bad short term appointment.  He always has a good impact in the first 6 months of jobs which is what we need.

The most important thing at the moment is to line up the replacement before letting Claudio go.  Time is of the essence now.

13 hours ago, promised land said:

Judging by this place it seems not.

Complete joke of a forum just lately, oh and some of these names being spouted, cloud cookoo land springs to mind.

The one that has me amongst many others is Mancini, someone here says 'why not as we have wealthy owners and Man City weren't massive when he went there.' lol 

Man City were a lot bigger club than we have ever been, yes we have wealthy owners but their owner blows ours and all the others in the prem including Roman into oblivion. 

That someone was me...and in no way was I comparing us to man city...just stating that with ambition man city went to the next level.

I think Claudio's Mr Nice guy approach can only work for so long, and was fine when we were winning, but I agree with some of the others who posted, about needing someone the players can't walk over and dictate what formation they play etc. I think Roy Keane is too extreme, and would actually cause more mess for us, not to mention he has an awful record as a manager. 

I think a big name such as Hiddink could gain instant respect from the players, plus he did a near identical role for Chelsea last season, when they went from winning the league, to a complete disaster, with players completely out of form and talks of dressing room unrest. 

I honestly think Hiddink would be perfect. I'm not sure if he would want to though. I definitely don't think O'Neil would want to. He has said countless times that the Leicester City chapter for him is closed. 

Other than those, Mancini is one I would consider, but again, whether he would consider us, is another question. We aren't your average relegation team though, as we are the Champions and even though we all know it was a one off, there is still some pull left over because of that, and so perhaps we could still attract a bigger name than say a Middlesborough or Sunderland could. 

Hiddink or Mancini. If neither interested, then we could take a risk with Rowett I suppose, but I just think this team have got a bit big for their boots, and need someone who is a big enough name, that they will all respect and listen to instantly. 

If Tom Hopper didn't get his arše hole licked and James Pearson wasn't caught smiling like the goofy clown that he is, with his Zeus-like penis swinging around the chops of some Thai prostitutes, I'd like to imagine that Nigel Pearson would be welcomed back by our current owners.

I think NP is the master in instilling discipline (clearly not in his own son, though) and making us really hard to break down.  

I doubt Ranieri will be sacked though.  And I doubt he'll resign.  

1 hour ago, josh_baskin said:

Big enough premiership safety bonus and wave enough transfer funds for next season and he might come home. 

IMG_6562.JPG

thats one that came to mind for me given he was at the West Ham Man City game last night, and im sure he'd be keen to manage in the prem league again 

32 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

thats one that came to mind for me given he was at the West Ham Man City game last night, and im sure he'd be keen to manage in the prem league again 

Mancini with cambiasso as his assistant... The dream team! 

...we'd stay up! 

Seeing some of the suggestions in this thread is making me warm to the idea of keeping Ranieri. I don't think any sacking is imminent, the Swansea game could be the final nail especially if we drop into bottom 3.

Eddie Howe might be worth a gamble but wouldn't come until the end of the season I'd expect. There is plenty to like about him but he also has flaws. Same with Dyche.

Rowett did a good job at Birmingham, but enough to get a premier league job? I'd be behind him though.

Wagner is they type of manager i'd like but its still early days in his managerial career.

I don't know managers from other leagues too well to recommend, but the Hoffenhiem manager would be interesting.

This is a tiny bit off topic but some of the stuff said in here about Roy Hodgson is quite unbelievable, while I don't think he is necessarily the right manager for us at this juncture, people are acting like he is a terrible manager who has never achieved anything. He kept Fulham up when they in the relegation zone and not only got them finishing 7th and 12th in his two seasons there and got them to the Europa League Final beating Juventus and Wolfsburg (who were German champions on the way) he won the LMA manager of the year in 2010 so for someone to say his greatest achievement is to keep lower midtable teams there is just a load of rubbish, i'd love us to finish 7th.

Then at West Brom he took them from relegation candidates to their highest ever premier league finish.

As I said he might not be the right man for Leicester but the hyperbole on this board is astounding

Archived