Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Without compromising yourself or your sources please tell me more. I hate to hear stories of unrest. You can refer to 'player x' if you like, thus giving an idea of the bones of contention rather than the people involved 

I can't but it will all come out in the end. Always does. 

One thing you can say about the owners is that they're not trigger happy. They were incredibly patient with Pearson and they are now as well with Ranieri. 

When the inevitable happens and they sack Ranieri, watch the press lambast them and call them another trigger happy foreign owners. 

14 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

We tried that with Sousa though, it just wouldn't work with the current crop of players 

Are you serious? We were a fantastic passing side at the start of Ranieri's reign, ok we weren't a possession based team but we used to put together fast, incisive passing moves that ripped teams apart. We have a nucleus of a squad that can pass the ball, we've just got lost somewhere along the way.

Sousa was working with a load of shit.

1 hour ago, somebum said:

Simone, Mancini, Redknapp only three I would go for. 

Roberto Mancini for me. Either as Team Manager / Coach under Claudio, or as Manager in his own right. He's not worked since leaving Inter by mutual agreement, last August. He has all the credentials.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Sousa didn't work here but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent manager.  He's chasing Europa League with Fiorentina.

Too cultured for Leicester tastes. At the moment we don't have more than two people who can pass the ball quickly and consistently.

The idea of having a team full is way ahead of it's time and examples recorded at times in our title year will be seen as collectors items in times to come! :whistle:  

Id like to see Rowatt here at some point. This probably isn't the right time for him to come - though it's probably not the right time for anyone to come really. Young, English - sets his teams up well and plays decent football. He did very well at Birmingham and perhaps a happy medium between Pearson and Claudio. He'll be snapped up by someone soon - probably in the championship though (hopefully not us if that's the case). 

6 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

It doesnt take much to work out theres issues behind the scenes.

But dont pretend youre some sort of in the know. Your "sources" were the ones you repeatedly told us that knew all Pearsons staff would leave Leicester and join him wherever he went. You couldnt have been more wrong.

Same goes for transfers too.

You know no more than anyone else. "Sources" lol

6 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

If you know whats happening, why cant you reveal it?

If you KNOW whats happening, its the truth. So whats the problem?

Wouldn't happen but I'd love Tony Pulis, think he's one of the most underrated managers in the league. Always does well with limited funds, wouldn't be popular with the fans to start with but to be honest I don't care what style of football we play, I only care if we win. 

2 hours ago, Donut said:

But dont pretend youre some sort of in the know. Your "sources" were the ones you repeatedly told us that knew all Pearsons staff would leave Leicester and join him wherever he went. You couldnt have been more wrong.

Ok mate 

2 hours ago, Donut said:

You're someone who argued with me when I told you how brilliant Vardy would be and how much better Michael Keane was over Wasilewski. A debate/argument with you is pointless. 

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

You're someone who argued with me when I told you how brilliant Vardy would be and how much better Michael Keane was over Wasilewski. A debate/argument with you is pointless. 

Dont recall saying any of that.

But if you can find that ill hold my hands up fair play.

5 hours ago, gcxttle said:

Wouldn't happen but I'd love Tony Pulis, think he's one of the most underrated managers in the league. Always does well with limited funds, wouldn't be popular with the fans to start with but to be honest I don't care what style of football we play, I only care if we win. 

He'd not be popular at all. We're bad enough to watch now, let alone with that twat in charge. 

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

In the short term, you'd have to give it Shakespeare because the players are apparently fans of his. Then you'd move on in the summer dependent on situation

Was going to say we should just let him take the reigns full stop. Well liked at the club, he's been a key part of all the successful campaigns we've had recently and I'm sure there was talk of him considering leaving to become the main man somewhere else a while ago. Certainly capable of doing a job and - with the right person supporting him as a DoF (not rudders) - he could be a very steady appointment for us. 

We won't hit the heights of last season, but CS could easily become a solid mid-prem manager. 

I always prefer up and coming managers, plenty of drive and ambition to do well rather than a been around the block type manager.

Wagner fits the bill and he rates Chilwell really highly, I suspect he would only come here in the summer though if we stayed up and Huddersfield didn't. 

Unless Ranieri's position in now untenable I'd prefer him to stay until the summer but then leave regardless of whether we stay up or not.

Archived