Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

39 minutes ago, nettle said:

I agree about Wagner he's got them playing some good football none of this long ball shight. Watched Huddersfield at Christmas with the father in law whose a season ticket holder and he raves about him told me last season about him saying how good he was. 

The only problem I might have if he came to Leicester is the father in law would be right peed off haha.

Honestly I was so impressed with Huddersfield tonight. They were so positive. They were up against the league leaders and took the game to them and dominated from start to finish. He's doing it with what are considered as mostly average championship players and with limited resources. Didn't he turn down Wolfsburg to stay at Huddersfield though?

2 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Why would Dyche come other than a potential pay rise - doesn't seem the type to move purely for money 

He wouldn't come now but I'm sure he would at the end of the season if we manage to stay up. He can't achieve anymore at Burnley. We are a much bigger club 

34 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He wouldn't come now but I'm sure he would at the end of the season if we manage to stay up. He can't achieve anymore at Burnley. We are a much bigger club 

I'd be happy with that - but do you think we will stay up. West Ham are thinking of making a change and they are in a much better position than us. 

2 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I'd be happy with that - but do you think we will stay up. West Ham are thinking of making a change and they are in a much better position than us. 

I don't think we'll stay up unless we get rid of Ranieri. 

45 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

And do you honestly think that'll happen? Doesn't seem to be any indication from the club or media. Might be wrong but I think he's got until at least after Sevilla. 

Theres major unrest at the club so I'm sure the owners will be left with no choice if the players speak up. 

56 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Theres major unrest at the club so I'm sure the owners will be left with no choice if the players speak up. 

Without compromising yourself or your sources please tell me more. I hate to hear stories of unrest. You can refer to 'player x' if you like, thus giving an idea of the bones of contention rather than the people involved 

37 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I couldn't stomach Sean Dyche here, as good a job as he's doing at Burnley. He has a chip on his shoulder at all times and his arrogance out shines even Nigel Pearson.

I look around and most of the best managers are dickheads... if they come in and do well then they are our dickhead and we'd support them.

10 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I was thinking earlier, the owners have been almost invisible all round this season in comparison to last. 

The fact that there is a 12 month Mourning Period because of the death of Thailand's King may have a bearing on that, they were close to the King (apparently)

If Ranieri goes then I think we can say goodbye to the entire backroom team. Can't see them staying around for more managerial merry-go-round fun.

In fact I think it would be a complete destabiliser with the non playing and playing staff totally ripped apart.

All those foundations, gone.  

9 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

The only palatable option for me would be Claudio to Move upstairs and Frank Lampard to come in and be the great manager I expect him to be.

Claudio move upstairs, yes; but, Frank Lampard, no, not yet.  Lampard has no experience, no Full Coaching Badges (presumably) and is too much of a gamble at the present.  We need League Coaching experience - and, if Claudio is still on board (as a DoF, or whatever) - someone who has worked with him in the past (yes, I know Lampard has).  That really limits the choice.  One name not been mentioned - presumably because of his recent difficulties at QPR - is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.  A good relationship in the past with CR (playing for him over a few years) and he has already been identified as someone Claudio rates as a Coach (last year, Claudio was quoted as saying, "he is a Manager with a big future, he has all the skills").  He was a great success at Burton - getting a (very) small club into the Championship - and obviously knows the East Midlands (also 2 years Coaching at F***st).  He's also got experience managing on the Continent (Royal Antwerp).  OK, so it all went pear shaped at QPR - but it's gone pear shaped for everyone there in recent years (and Hollowhead has hardly turned things arround) - and he must have been affected by the 'bung accusations' (which he's been cleared of).  He's available - at no cost !  I think he could do a job as First Team Coach / Manager under Claudio.     

13 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Garry Monk

Team needs rebuilding.

Likes his team to play football.

I think he is on 1 year rolling contract aswell. 

I can't see him ditching Leeds. If they fail to get promoted and we stay up, but Ranieri calls it a day then he would be on my list of new managers.

If Benitez leaves the Toon we absolutely have to gerrimin. It has to be soon though, Newcastle gorrimin at the start of March last year and that was too late for him to keep them up, but not by much. Then again our defence is so shite it's enough to put managers like him off - can't polish a proverbial etc.

Archived