Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

Gary Rowett all day for me. If the unthinkable happens and we do get relegated, then he's the ideal guy to get us back up again without too much stress. The players would play for him, otherwise they'd be out. I don't think it's going to happen, though. Birmingham fans were outraged at his sacking. They don't have a particularly good team, but they're inclined to blame the owners. Imagine what would happen if he had players like Mahrez or Schmeichel playing for him.

Eddie Howe's another good choice, but I don't think he would leave Bournemouth till the end of the season.

Gus Hiddinck would be marvellous, but I don't think he'd come here. Rowett would come here like a shot. He wouldn't require all that much money (just a massive bonus for keeping us up).

9 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

If Tom Hopper didn't get his arše hole licked and James Pearson wasn't caught smiling like the goofy clown that he is, with his Zeus-like penis swinging around the chops of some Thai prostitutes, I'd like to imagine that Nigel Pearson would be welcomed back by our current owners.

I think NP is the master in instilling discipline (clearly not in his own son, though) and making us really hard to break down.  

I doubt Ranieri will be sacked though.  And I doubt he'll resign.  

I agree with the point you'd like to think NP would be welcomed back by the owners if none of that happened but we probably wouldn't have won the league if none of that happened.

I'm a massive Pearson fan, I truly love the bloke but you have to admit last season probably would have happened with him in charge, but at this moment in time I want him back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I agree with the point you'd like to think NP would be welcomed back by the owners if none of that happened but we probably wouldn't have won the league if none of that happened.

I'm a massive Pearson fan, I truly love the bloke but you have to admit last season probably would have happened with him in charge, but at this moment in time I want him back in a heartbeat.

I agree. I'm a huge fan of Pearson, but probably no-one but Ranieri would have won us the title last season. I think it was a perfect storm.

I'd definitely have NP back right now. I think he'd sort out the players' attitude no problem.

If Ranieri is sacked i'd love for us to go all out for Wagner. Remember Chilwell saying he absolutely loved his time there too, particularly the style they play. Turned down Schalke though didn't he? Maybe his dream is the Prem.

2 minutes ago, totbl said:

Would love Nigel back.

Massive step backwards .....I would not want him anywhere near our club again.......

IF they do the unthinkable imo.....then its no time for a Rowett or Wagner ....we need someone who would kick ass as the players need a complete bar steward to get into them.....the only name that I could see who would fit and is available is Mancini but I think the board have more backbone and it is the players who need to take some responsibility ....starting Sunday I hope!

35 minutes ago, sishades said:

David Wagner would be a great shout....worked with Klopp in Germany and watching Huddersfield pass the ball around as it should be.

Just thinking that watching them tonight. He's turned them into a quality outfit. Hard working, quick and attacking. 

Just now, dylanlegend said:

We tried that with Sousa though, it just wouldn't work with the current crop of players 

Sousa totally neglected the players fitness and bought a load of shit though didn't he? And he had Waghorn on the left instead of Mahrez. The group of players we have CAN play football, we saw it plenty of times last year

Huddersfield look immense tonight. Wagner has turned them round so quickly. The commentators on sky were praising his recruitment saying he did all his shopping in January and got them all to buy into his ideas. How we'd have loved somebody in charge in summer who actually had a good idea of the transfer market.

6 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Massive step backwards .....I would not want him anywhere near our club again.......

IF they do the unthinkable imo.....then its no time for a Rowett or Wagner ....we need someone who would kick ass as the players need a complete bar steward to get into them.....the only name that I could see who would fit and is available is Mancini but I think the board have more backbone and it is the players who need to take some responsibility ....starting Sunday I hope!

Not that I would advocate a return for Nigel but why so much ill feeling for the man who rebuilt our club not once but twice. 

I do agree 3 times maybe too much. 

For me, Wagner.

Im obviously going to take stick for saying this because basically, thats what i get.

But i cant see us going back for Nige, irrespective of whether he is a good fit or not just because it would look quite daft from all sides.

This is a man who first of all had started to get increasingly spiky with the media and in a public image sense, i would say has a poor one which has been unfortunately enhanced by the short spell at Derby. This would look a total contradiction from the image many thought was a key part of winning the league that Ranieri presented.

Secondly, would the owners realistically want to employ someone for a third spell? it would smack of absolute desperation to keep going back to the same man. Probably sends out a message that the job isnt very desirable but it would also make them look like their initial decision to sack him was wrong. Which it wasnt because the club improved under Ranieri, and again thats irrespective of the reason he was sacked.

Thirdly, It would mean Pearson would have to sort the squad out and move on all the bad apples, and the ones who dont have the quality, desire, or attitude anymore to play a proper part for the club. So youd be bringing in a man to sack off a significant amount of the players that he signed. This seems like a pretty awkward scenario.

Fourthly, the question mark still hangs over his head, can he do it without his staff. You would assume that Shakespeare would stay and hook up with him again, but hes got no Walsh to magically find him the players anymore. Maybe the "old team" could be reunited, but theres no guarantee.

Before im accused of being a Pearson hater, i will state loud and clear: He did an incredible job in his time over two spells. Absolutely unquestionnable.

But realistically, i dont think you can go back again.

16 minutes ago, Donut said:

Im obviously going to take stick for saying this because basically, thats what i get.

But i cant see us going back for Nige, irrespective of whether he is a good fit or not just because it would look quite daft from all sides.

This is a man who first of all had started to get increasingly spiky with the media and in a public image sense, i would say has a poor one which has been unfortunately enhanced by the short spell at Derby. This would look a total contradiction from the image many thought was a key part of winning the league that Ranieri presented.

Secondly, would the owners realistically want to employ someone for a third spell? it would smack of absolute desperation to keep going back to the same man. Probably sends out a message that the job isnt very desirable but it would also make them look like their initial decision to sack him was wrong. Which it wasnt because the club improved under Ranieri, and again thats irrespective of the reason he was sacked.

Thirdly, It would mean Pearson would have to sort the squad out and move on all the bad apples, and the ones who dont have the quality, desire, or attitude anymore to play a proper part for the club. So youd be bringing in a man to sack off a significant amount of the players that he signed. This seems like a pretty awkward scenario.

Fourthly, the question mark still hangs over his head, can he do it without his staff. You would assume that Shakespeare would stay and hook up with him again, but hes got no Walsh to magically find him the players anymore. Maybe the "old team" could be reunited, but theres no guarantee.

Before im accused of being a Pearson hater, i will state loud and clear: He did an incredible job in his time over two spells. Absolutely unquestionnable.

But realistically, i dont think you can go back again.

I do agree with your points (maybe not the third so much), and I don't actually think he would take the job, he seems quite a proud person and probably wouldn't go back to the owners - and vice versa.

Point 1, yeah he would have to tone it down, but at the same time I prefer it to Ranieri saying the same thing week in week out. 

Who we get next is a difficult one, but I am about 95% that Ranieri needs to go - he could pull off something special, but I can't see it right now. Even if we get someone as an interim until the summer.

CR definitely needs to go - I'm a huge believer in giving a manager time but only when it's clear that their work is building towards something - I'm afraid the performances and results show nothing but regression. If we don't change in the next few weeks I think it will be too late - personally I think CR will stay and we will go down...

Archived