Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

All this animosity against Claudio is very sad, what a fickle bunch. On the 31st of January 2015 we were rock bottom with 17 points and I don't seem to remember this animosity towards Pearson, and the rest as they say was history. I don't buy into this crap that we were at least playing a lot better then either. WOY will save us? Give me a break. Hiddink and Mancini? Cuckoo land! Eddie Howe are you mad? We could sell the project to him? Hahaha, he's already got one and if he left that there's just a little chance he may go to Arsenal. Claudio will turn it round and I just wonder how many on here will have the guts to eat humble pie? Seem to remember the doubters about the Premiership last year as well when he joined yet his record (the whole thing not just Poland) was there for all to see. By the way, Ranieri has rescued teams before, what about Hiddink and Mancini? If we did go down the blame it's fairly and squarely on  a good number of the these lazy overpaid players shoulders not the managers, some of them are like big kids having had too much ice cream and pop at a party. If they don't start putting some graft in we need to stop the happy clappy attitude towards them on match day for a start. Forget big named motivational managers coming to save us it ain't going to happen. If Claudio can't wake them up Woy certainly couldn't. Ranieri to stay and prove evryone wrong for me.

4 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Only 1 qualifying fame until the end of season v wales, plus friendly v iceland, i would love it if it was him and bring keane to give the players a kick up the arse too

Would make sense long term as well.

O'Neill comes in does the job for the next 2-3 years. Keane still a young manager learning beside him, eventually has the experience to take over.

Definitely some continuity

Like I said big IF though. He'll want to leave Ireland with some relative success

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

All this animosity against Claudio is very sad, what a fickle bunch. On the 31st of January 2015 we were rock bottom with 17 points and I don't seem to remember this animosity towards Pearson, and the rest as they say was history. I don't buy into this crap that we were at least playing a lot better then either

You genuinely don't think we were playing better during the great escape season than we are now? :o

The current season, bar a couple of odd performances has been woeful. In years gone by, I never really had a problem with losing matches, but I don't think I've ever been so gobsmaked at the lack of performance from a team as I have this year.

20 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

All this animosity against Claudio is very sad, what a fickle bunch. On the 31st of January 2015 we were rock bottom with 17 points and I don't seem to remember this animosity towards Pearson, and the rest as they say was history. I don't buy into this crap that we were at least playing a lot better then either. WOY will save us? Give me a break. Hiddink and Mancini? Cuckoo land! Eddie Howe are you mad? We could sell the project to him? Hahaha, he's already got one and if he left that there's just a little chance he may go to Arsenal. Claudio will turn it round and I just wonder how many on here will have the guts to eat humble pie? Seem to remember the doubters about the Premiership last year as well when he joined yet his record (the whole thing not just Poland) was there for all to see. By the way, Ranieri has rescued teams before, what about Hiddink and Mancini? If we did go down the blame it's fairly and squarely on  a good number of the these lazy overpaid players shoulders not the managers, some of them are like big kids having had too much ice cream and pop at a party. If they don't start putting some graft in we need to stop the happy clappy attitude towards them on match day for a start. Forget big named motivational managers coming to save us it ain't going to happen. If Claudio can't wake them up Woy certainly couldn't. Ranieri to stay and prove evryone wrong for me.

At the time the team was bereft of hope under Pearson it was evident that they were still trying. Right now it looks to many of us like they really aren't that bothered. Much as we would like to change the players to ones who care (again), that time passed last night. They can't or wont play this manager right now. Never mind the past- they aren't  doing it right now. That means that if the players can't be changed, the manager has to be. Because, as it stands, changing nothing looks like a one-way road to the championship at the time of typing. Some will say his achievement last season means he has the right to see if he can turn it around. Many of us are now firmly of the opinion that his moment has been and gone and now, desperately sad though it is, we all need to move on. Life only ever moves in one direction. Forwards. Unfortunately, Claudio now looks like the past, not the future. 

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

Someone who wants to control the whole club. I miss being proud of supporting a well run club. Ranieri was fantastic as a head coach manager, basically using the existing structure with his own minor tweaks. So many managers want to wipe the slate clean and put their own stamp on a club.

I've seen nothing in the past 18 months to suggest he pays much attention to what is happening off the training ground/football pitch though. It's easier to accept that when things are going well, but eventually if you let standards slack then you'll pay the price on the pitch eventually.

This for me. Add to it someone who has a real eye on the future all the time.

I liked Pearson so much because I thought he was always looking ahead. I don't think Ranieri really does.

42 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Care to tell on what basis you postulate that Ranieri will " turn it round "  this is the manager who said at the end of a spanking that we had " played well " when the whole world and my cat could see otherwise. If Ranieri has rescued teams before fine but this is HIS team, if it needs rescuing than it HIS fault and no one elses. We don't have time or points to wait to see if he can turn around a disaster of his own making, he simply has to go.

This is it. Pearson offered sustainable growth, which is what fans of all clubs like ours crave as much as anything. Its what Howe has given Bournemouth, what Dyche has given Burnley, what Rowett was giving Birmingham.

Trouble is we need a firefighter now. As said before Pearson would be a gamble because he doesn't traditionally do that. He'd need time to right the wrongs and put us back on track. Look at Di Canio - absolute dogshit manager but pure firefighting qualities gave Sunderland enough of a bounce to stay up. Whoever comes in will need to do something quick.

Pardew - Although he's done not too badly, his angry and rude mentality (towards others) you would imagine could potentially have some negative impact on players morale as a team. So no, wouldn't be right with certain players low on confidence.

Hiddink - Very respected and knows what to do but we should be looking for a manager who is younger and hungry to impress to build up a squad in the medium to longer term.

Rowatt - Strong potential and very harsh to be sacked by Birmingham (karma on them currently), but too early to think he's the next Eddie Howe.

Difficult to choose anyone available and sad we're even thinking about this.

Ranieri has succeeded all fans last season but this situation now is caused by his hesitance to change things/players around.

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Is Ranieri still with us by the way? :rolleyes:

Judging by this place it seems not.

Complete joke of a forum just lately, oh and some of these names being spouted, cloud cookoo land springs to mind.

The one that has me amongst many others is Mancini, someone here says 'why not as we have wealthy owners and Man City weren't massive when he went there.' lol 

Man City were a lot bigger club than we have ever been, yes we have wealthy owners but their owner blows ours and all the others in the prem including Roman into oblivion. 

20 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Sean Dyche for me, I reckon he'd jump at the chance too. Say what you like about Hodgson but he's a good club manager, he'd be a decent shout and one I wouldn't object to.

Dyche I would definitely have on board, WOY Hodgson no chance !!!

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolute bollocks - during 14/15 there was non-stop animosity towards Pearson from the bizarre section of fans that never warmed to him or refused to accept he'd been a great manager for us despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The differences between that season and this one have been explained in full.

If he turns this round I will do whatever gesture you decide is adequate for me to demonstrate that I have the guts to eat humble pie. I'll eat a portion so big Kevin Pressman couldn't finish it.

In 14-15, Pearson consistently had the backing of 60-70 per cent of this forum, even when we'd been bottom of the league for months on end.

The only thing that saved him, though, was the fact that potential alternatives at the time (including MON) declared themselves unavailable.  Indeed, MON actually advised the owners to stick with Pearson.

It is evident on here that some still dream of the third coming.  But even if the Thais overlook all the crap they had to clear up in their homeland just 18 months or so ago (arising from the actions of Pearson and his offspring), there's zero chance of him turning things around for us.  For one thing, he wouldn't have Esteban Cambiasso to bail him out this time around.

I can't believe how many managers with jobs are being suggested. We are not an attractive proposition and I think everyone assumes near exodus in the summer. We're relegation candidates, we have a very short term problem that isn't necessarily looking to be fixed with a long term solution.

We need someone who can bring us into the summer. Hiddink is a friend of Abramovich who came in to do very specific job in a very specific time frame. Who knows if that option is even available to us or if the owners or Rudders have anyone they can ask for a favor.

45 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is it. Pearson offered sustainable growth, which is what fans of all clubs like ours crave as much as anything. Its what Howe has given Bournemouth, what Dyche has given Burnley, what Rowett was giving Birmingham.

Trouble is we need a firefighter now. As said before Pearson would be a gamble because he doesn't traditionally do that. He'd need time to right the wrongs and put us back on track. Look at Di Canio - absolute dogshit manager but pure firefighting qualities gave Sunderland enough of a bounce to stay up. Whoever comes in will need to do something quick.

The two aren't mutually exclusive either though. Pearson's never been relegated and he's been involved in enough relegation battles for that to be worth crediting him for.

I don't want a short-termist. We'd just turn into Sunderland. Bring in someone who can keep this squad up and then keep building for the future.

We do need a Pearson type but I think there are too many bridges burnt between us and him for that to happen again.

56 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Sean Dyche for me, I reckon he'd jump at the chance too. Say what you like about Hodgson but he's a good club manager, he'd be a decent shout and one I wouldn't object to.

Dyche for me too. I think he did an excellent job with Burnley and would do so here too

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I hope you're right if he stays. But, from all I've heard, it's like mending sails in a gale. 

Archived