Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

Might sound a bit daft looking at the league table but I think we could sell the long term project to Howe.  The owners have built a great reputation over the past five years and he knows he'd be backed to build a team.  Don't get me wrong he's got a great gig at Bournemouth and they've established something many clubs should aspire to, but there's no harm in trying.

13 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I simply couldn't support a team managed by Hodgson. He is awful, his teams are terrible, his excuses are terrible, he is a complete failure and would take us down to League 1. His highest achievement ever has been keeping midtable teams in the lower midtable - utterly underwhelming and a complete dullard.

They will look at what he's done in this league recently and when he took over West Brom.

"Hodgson was appointed head coach of West Bromwich Albion on 11 February 2011, signing a contract until June 2012. Hodgson replaced Roberto Di Matteo, who had been sacked after a poor run of form which saw West Brom lose thirteen of their previous eighteen matches and slip to seventeenth in the table, only out of the relegation zone on goal difference.

Hodgson's first game in charge ended in a 1–1 home draw against West Brom's Black Country rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers. Hodgson helped West Brom to five wins and five draws from their twelve remaining games, including an important 2–1 win at The Hawthorns against Liverpool. West Brom finished 11th in the final table – their highest league finish for three decades."

Guest Foxin_mad
19 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I simply couldn't support a team managed by Hodgson. He is awful, his teams are terrible, his excuses are terrible, he is a complete failure and would take us down to League 1. His highest achievement ever has been keeping midtable teams in the lower midtable - utterly underwhelming and a complete dullard.

Sounds like the man we have in charge now!

It depends what you lot want..would you rather we go for a manager who will try and play sexy football, or someone with a proven track record...forget Hodgeson's England stint, and this style of play bullshit...we don't have the time for that now, we are currently on a slide covered in diesel and we need someone to mop it up before we get to the bottom.

Hodgeson is wise to the English game, to call his style boring? What the **** are we doing now? This is possibly the worst I have seen us for years, we are so shit that we're no where near boring....I'd much rather be boring for the rest of this season and stay up than try to be Barcelona and end up in league one again.

All we need is a short term fix, bin Claudio "Ronald McDonald" Ranieri, and bring in someone with experience of keeping teams in the league until the end of the season, then kick on from there. We've already ****ed everything up with idiotic decisions so far this season, it's time to make a SAFE move in an attempt to survive.

Should claudio be replaced then why not mancini...man city got him and let's face it they weren't considered to be a massive club at the time...we have very rich ambitious owners so attracting someone like mancini is a possibility...also someone mentioned earlier we need a manager who runs the club..completely agree.

But please not pearson

Guest Foxin_mad

I would rather have a young possibly English manager who builds a club from the bottom up, a long term plan and football strategy. Not the random shitfest we have seen in the past 6 months.

Problem is that Hodgson performed his miracles at WBA and Fulham before his England debacle, so now he's a failure, which is going to affect player confidence in him. Basically, if these lazy slackers aren't putting in 100% for a man who gave them everything, then they're not going to for a failure either. 

17 hours ago, Danizen said:

Anyone but Pardew. :sick: .

Bit worried this might be the only real option though.

In november we might have been able to tempt benitez but not now.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

lol Yes Thracian! Kingy as gaffer! The circle of life is complete. Sheehan in as set piece coach and Dodds as striking coach?

I hadn't even read it all.

Rowett doesn't have experience and King does? 

You've brightened my day anyway Thrac! :D

It won't happen so I wouldn't worry. 

2 hours ago, Callabinho said:

It depends what you lot want..would you rather we go for a manager who will try and play sexy football, or someone with a proven track record...forget Hodgeson's England stint, and this style of play bullshit...we don't have the time for that now, we are currently on a slide covered in diesel and we need someone to mop it up before we get to the bottom.

Hodgeson is wise to the English game, to call his style boring? What the **** are we doing now? This is possibly the worst I have seen us for years, we are so shit that we're no where near boring....I'd much rather be boring for the rest of this season and stay up than try to be Barcelona and end up in league one again.

All we need is a short term fix, bin Claudio "Ronald McDonald" Ranieri, and bring in someone with experience of keeping teams in the league until the end of the season, then kick on from there. We've already ****ed everything up with idiotic decisions so far this season, it's time to make a SAFE move in an attempt to survive.

Yeah it's not as awful a decision as some will make out....... but I'd still prefer someone else. Problem is once Roy keeps up well, we are stuck with him. lol  

I mentioned Hiddinck when I was defending Ranieri back in November. I also said he is contracted to Chelsea, although that can be easily broken.

Its the long term replacement , and nobody springs to mind . thereofre it will be given I would assume at the end of the season to a 'foreign' coach

Archived