Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

Should the football club decide to terminate Claudio's reign the big question is who do you replace him with ?

Alan Pardew - No - Palace were in free fall under his management and still are now to be fair. Newcastle rapidly declined under his leadership too. He is a moaner and does not come across as a motivater of men who would guide us to safety.

Others are highly likely to be linked:

Martin O'Neill, Neil Lennon, Harry Redknapp, Roy Keane, Roberto Di Matteo, Roy Hodgson, Gus Hiddink amongst others - no thanks to all the aforementioned.

not confident we would secure an Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche and in any case why would they want to leave their current role when let's be honest they are doing well in.

Gary Rowett would get my vote all be it unproven at the highest level. Does the fact he used to be an ex Fox count for anything, probably not but he turned a rock bottom Birmingham into play off contenders in a relatively short period of time. He did a sterling job at Burton and appointing someone who is not neccesiarly a household name is often better than an old sweat that fails time and time again and gets a handsome pay off for their failings.

Going back to Claudio and I think I can speak for all Foxes fans and state we were never going to replicate last season, however this season has been the complete opposite. It's tough for any team when three or four players are out of form on match day but when pretty much the whole team are week in week out, is why we are dropping at an alarming rate towards the Championship. Has Claudio lost the dressing room ? is there massive unrest behind the scenes ? There has to be deep rooted problems behind it as let's not forget winning the league was no fluke, they played with passion, freedom, confidence, flair etc so the squad as a whole are good players and capable of delivering. The recruitment process has been shambolic whereby not one of the new additions since the summer has proved a good addition. Ndidi has potential but too early to determine as yet. Still confused on deadline day why we sign a centre half that no one has heard off and can't get a place in the Udinese first team an has made only 5 appearances this season. The window was a month yet we make two signings when in our current plight and lack of squad depth should have seen better recruitment take place.

i still look back and feel the pre season international tournament has such a damaging effect on form and confidence, very quickly we felt what it was like to lose and heavily.

I hear people say the club won't oust Ranieri whilst we are still in the Champions League, I would counter that by saying would fans still feel the same way if we lose to Man Utd on Sunday and heavily come to think of it, get beaten at home by Derby in the FA Cup and get shot down at Swansea.

as hard as it is to even think of Ranieri being under the cosh, the reality is last season is

done, the line is firmly drawn under it and that chapter forever closed although never forgotten. We have to look at here and now, not won away in the Premier League since April 2016, no league goals in 2017, that's 4 league games, only 3 wins in the last 19 league games which includes 19 goals scored and 35 conceded in that time.

its time to make a change now and give us a fighting chance of staying up as relegation would be catastrophic for the club.

I don't want Ranieri gone that easily because he usually comes across as calm and collected and all and I know he's not solely responsible for the mess we're in right now (I'm looking at you, players and management), but it's always the manager who's walking on thin ice and he's increasingly grinding my gears with his team selection, formation and post-match responses.

If this strut should continue and we find ourselves in the relegation zone (behave!), then he'll need to go. He's had a full summer transfer window to operate in and we've seen no improvement or at least no willingness to cement our place in the league as a mid-table outfit, instead continue to fall from grace. For every step that we make forward, we make two steps back. We're that close to wasting one of our best opportunites ever to make a positive name for ourselves in the league and in football in general, the title should've/could've acted as the trigger to something truly fantastic or positive, instead we're treated to some of the worst football on show in the past ten years.

Mancini

Rowett

Hiddink

O'Neill

Sound like sound suggestions to me. Although the case with O'Neill is - would he risk his reputation with the club and the fans after all that he's given us?

Pardew? Doesn't come across as overly likeable in the media, but what if he was the man to handle discipline well and lead us to recovery?

Nagelsmann won't come here yet, he'll have to prove himself in Germany over a prolonged period of time in order to be taken seriously and not go down as a one-season wonder and he won't want to leave the Hoffenheim project already, seeing that he's just getting started.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

All this animosity against Claudio is very sad, what a fickle bunch. On the 31st of January 2015 we were rock bottom with 17 points and I don't seem to remember this animosity towards Pearson, and the rest as they say was history. I don't buy into this crap that we were at least playing a lot better then either. WOY will save us? Give me a break. Hiddink and Mancini? Cuckoo land! Eddie Howe are you mad? We could sell the project to him? Hahaha, he's already got one and if he left that there's just a little chance he may go to Arsenal. Claudio will turn it round and I just wonder how many on here will have the guts to eat humble pie? Seem to remember the doubters about the Premiership last year as well when he joined yet his record (the whole thing not just Poland) was there for all to see. By the way, Ranieri has rescued teams before, what about Hiddink and Mancini? If we did go down the blame it's fairly and squarely on  a good number of the these lazy overpaid players shoulders not the managers, some of them are like big kids having had too much ice cream and pop at a party. If they don't start putting some graft in we need to stop the happy clappy attitude towards them on match day for a start. Forget big named motivational managers coming to save us it ain't going to happen. If Claudio can't wake them up Woy certainly couldn't. Ranieri to stay and prove evryone wrong for me.

I don't think anyone has any animosity towards Ranieri. People respect him but don't think he can rescue this dire form. We're on a massive free fall. This is the worst I've seen us play in years. Probably since the second half of the 12/13 season where we were sliding down the table like a rock and couldn't buy a win. We eventually secured 6th place on the last day of the season  (only for Knockaert to do what he did against Watford.)

We are dire. We cannot string 5 passes together and we create very litter.  We're truly an abomination of a football team.

All this animosity against Claudio is very sad, what a fickle bunch. On the 31st of January 2015 we were rock bottom with 17 points and I don't seem to remember this animosity towards Pearson, and the rest as they say was history. I don't buy into this crap that we were at least playing a lot better then either. WOY will save us? Give me a break. Hiddink and Mancini? Cuckoo land! Eddie Howe are you mad? We could sell the project to him? Hahaha, he's already got one and if he left that there's just a little chance he may go to Arsenal. Claudio will turn it round and I just wonder how many on here will have the guts to eat humble pie? Seem to remember the doubters about the Premiership last year as well when he joined yet his record (the whole thing not just Poland) was there for all to see. By the way, Ranieri has rescued teams before, what about Hiddink and Mancini? If we did go down the blame it's fairly and squarely on  a good number of the these lazy overpaid players shoulders not the managers, some of them are like big kids having had too much ice cream and pop at a party. If they don't start putting some graft in we need to stop the happy clappy attitude towards them on match day for a start. Forget big named motivational managers coming to save us it ain't going to happen. If Claudio can't wake them up Woy certainly couldn't. Ranieri to stay and prove evryone wrong for me.

Claudio will not turn it around. 

In all seriousness, Short term I would like to see either Hodgson or Hiddink, both of them would be respected, and both of them can tighten our defence, which you'd hope would allow us to attack more. 

Long term Rowett would be brilliant, but I'd like him to have a pre season to get experience with the club and players. 

Short term I'd also accept Rowett based on the mess he took over at birmingham and compeltely turned it around instantly. 

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

Order of gaffers I'd like

Howe

Wagner

Nagelsmann

Why would Howe and Nagelsmann leave their respective clubs to come to us? We could offer more money but we're a sinking ship.

It's early days for the manager but I like the look of the new Hull manager.

Trying to get his ideas across very quickly and the players seem to be buying into it.

40 odd and seems fresh in his ideas.

Think in time he will come to be a good Premier League manager,

Hull are the stepping stone for bigger things for him in the long term, like bournmouth are for Howe, and the Spurs manager was at Southampton 

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

I don't think anyone has any animosity towards Ranieri. People respect him but don't think he can rescue this dire form. We're on a massive free fall. This is the worst I've seen us play in years. Probably since the second half of the 12/13 season where we were sliding down the table like a rock and couldn't buy a win. We eventually secured 6th place on the last day of the season  (only for Knockaert to do what he did against Watford.)

We are dire. We cannot string 5 passes together and we create very litter.  We're truly an abomination of a football team.

Freudian slip? Our football really is like shat on piss soaked cat litter at the minute. 

ostrich.jpg

36 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Freudian slip? Our football really is like shat on piss soaked cat litter at the minute. 

Very apt Freudian slip. 

We legit play the worst football in the league. Maybe only Sunderland are worse than us. 

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Absolute bollocks - during 14/15 there was non-stop animosity towards Pearson from the bizarre section of fans that never warmed to him or refused to accept he'd been a great manager for us despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. The differences between that season and this one have been explained in full.

If he turns this round I will do whatever gesture you decide is adequate for me to demonstrate that I have the guts to eat humble pie. I'll eat a portion so big Kevin Pressman couldn't finish it.

Haha! No I'm not having that on my conscience!  I predict we'll finish 6th from bottom, but if I'm right, the punishment of 'Pressman portions' is a disproportionate punishment. There'd be pressure groups set up in your name and free the Ealingfox one posters all around the stadium and pretty soon I'd be persecuted wherever I went! If I'm right that'll be enough for me. 

Angus the Monkey may be a possible - he would have a little more dynamism than Claudio at the moment. Feel he is sleepwalking and conning   himself that he think we are "OK" and "playing well" but "unlucky" . Come of it Claudio we are sh***, tell them and sort it out. Seriously I would be happy with Mancini as I think he would command a bit of respect. 

Shakespeare for me, wouldn't have to learn the club or the players, could just implement his own ideas and finish off the season by staying up hopefully. 

Would be no more of a risk than rowett, and would be inplace already, so no messing about with the chase for a hiddink,etc. 

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Why would Howe and Nagelsmann leave their respective clubs to come to us? We could offer more money but we're a sinking ship.

Underneath this shambles there's a decent club with potential.

It's just about selling that. We sold Schlupp for 14 million! Surely we can sell ourselves to a decent young prospective manager.

I think Hughton is another I'd be interested to see what he'd be like.

Gary Rowett or David Wagner. Rowett would be my choice though. Obviously has history with the club but the job he did at Birmingham was incredible.

I think he'd bring us stability and ensure that the club is well run on and off the pitch.

Obviously Mancini and Hiddink are good shouts.

Archived