Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

If Ranieri goes, manager suggestions

Just now, Koke said:

Wagner is a possibility but there's zero chance we will get Nagelsmann and 0.5% chance of Howe.

Yeah I agree, well I think we'd have a minor chance of getting Howe or nagelsmann but as you say, it's a hard situation to sell, no matter how much money we can throw at them.

I think Wagner would be tempted at the end of the year if he hasn't got Huddersfield up, I imagine he wants to see how far he can go with them this season.

To be fair, unless Molla Wague turns out to be decent and not scared of the football then there's no point getting anybody in. A new manager isn't going to be able to make Morgan, Huth or Simpson able to pass a football forwards.

I'd probably sack Ranieri off and leave Shakespeare in charge till summer and regroup then. Even if it just gives the players a temporary kick up the arse. We've well and truely blown our good position now so we may as well be patient and get the next manager right so we can start the rebuilding process again. 

Hiddink has the experience needed to cope with a multicultural team of what are currently misfits. I'm still not sure he'd want to take us on or that he'd succeed in avoiding relegation.

So if, like me, you think we need to plan for the potential of us going down and needing a substantial rebuild I might ask and trust King to take over as caretaker with whoever he chooses as assistant.    

King has had enormous, arguably unprecedented success at Leicester at several levels. few will know more about current footballers in this country and on the international scene. Furthermore he knows how to play the game and what's required of players to be winners.

What might be missing as a manager is inspirational motivation. King always strikes me as being able to motivate himself. Not as a guy who goes round geeing everyone else up for all that I'm sure he forever offers a quiet word or two.

I don't know if he'd be ruthless enough but  King is surely best placed to sort out the disenchanted in our camp ..both on the playing side and the coaching side if necessary.

I've nothing against Rowett and think he shows some promise. But he's short on experience.

King has that experience and definitively loves the club. Plenty of quiet, nice-guy managers have been successful. And if he's not, the period between now and the end of the season should tell us.  

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

Hiddink has the experience needed to cope with a multicultural team of what are currently misfits. I'm still not sure he'd want to take us on or that he'd succeed in avoiding relegation.

So if, like me, you think we need to plan for the potential of us going down and needing a substantial rebuild I might ask and trust King to take over as caretaker with whoever he chooses as assistant.    

King has had enormous, arguably unprecedented success at Leicester at several levels. few will know more about current footballers in this country and on the international scene. Furthermore he knows how to play the game and what's required of players to be winners.

What might be missing as a manager is inspirational motivation. King always strikes me as being able to motivate himself. Not as a guy who goes round geeing everyone else up for all that I'm sure he forever offers a quiet word or two.

I don't know if he'd be ruthless enough but  King is surely best placed to sort out the disenchanted in our camp ..both on the playing side and the coaching side if necessary.

I've nothing against Rowett and think he shows some promise. But he's short on experience.

King has that experience and definitively loves the club. Plenty of quiet, nice-guy managers have been successful. And if he's not, the period between now and the end of the season should tell us.  

You cant be serious on King? He's a Leicester legend but that's going too far.....

He's only captained us on odd occasions, hardly a big leader

lol Yes Thracian! Kingy as gaffer! The circle of life is complete. Sheehan in as set piece coach and Dodds as striking coach?

I hadn't even read it all.

Rowett doesn't have experience and King does? 

You've brightened my day anyway Thrac! :D

I'd probably get Rowett in, with the eye on the long term, or give the job to Shakey until the end of the season. Pearson is not happening. I doubt the owners would want him back and I doubt NP would want to come back. I'm not sure if it would work without Walsh, anyway.

What I am sure about is that we cannot keep Ranieri if we want to save the club. I've had no faith in him for a couple of months now. We're fast heading for ruin at the moment. Whether it's the manager or the players to blame, we cannot change the players, so we have no choice but to change manager very, very soon if we want to survive.

Even if we got in someone shit, I'd at least have some hope that the players would respond to them, or that they had some sort of new manager bounce effect. The rot is thoroughly set in now, and we need at least the breath of fresh air that a new manager would bring.

11 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Jokes aside. Is Andy King a close relative of yours? Your opinion of him at times probably surpasses his own. 

Isnt he 29 years old and not blighted by injuries. He isn't even first choice CM. He tends to play by default and has done so for the past few years.

14 minutes ago, Thracian said:

You're suggesting King as a manager?

I think we've come full circle here on FT. 

Conrad as goal keeping coach and Sheehan as King's assistant and Dodds as the striker coach. :D

Joe Mattock as the youth coach.

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Jokes aside. Is Andy King a close relative of yours? Your opinion of him at times probably surpasses his own. 

Isnt he 29 years old and not blighted by injuries. He isn't even first choice CM. He tends to play by default and has done so for the past few years.

He's 28

Think it would make him the joint youngest manager in football history. 

Obviously it's a horrible idea but  when it comes to horrible ideas Thracian has bought us some crackers over the years. Heskey for CB anyone?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It would be Hodgson nailed on. Ticks all the boxes they would look for.

I simply couldn't support a team managed by Hodgson. He is awful, his teams are terrible, his excuses are terrible, he is a complete failure and would take us down to League 1. His highest achievement ever has been keeping midtable teams in the lower midtable - utterly underwhelming and a complete dullard.

Archived