Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

Can't believe the USA went from Obama to this. Obama wasn't perfect but jesus christ. How can you give equal blame to both sides when one side were WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND NAZIS strolling around throwing up nazi salutes, carrying weapons and one guy attempting to murder people with a car.

Apparently when speaking about the Charlottesville violence, he also promoted his winery there. Amazing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/15/the-president-of-the-united-states-is-now-a-neo-nazi-sympathiser

Edited by lgfualol

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Can't believe the USA went from Obama to this. Obama wasn't perfect but jesus christ. How can you give equal blame to both sides when one side were WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND NAZIS strolling around throwing up nazi salutes, carrying weapons and one guy attempting to murder people with a car.

Apparently when speaking about the Charlottesville violence, he also promoted his winery there. Amazing. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/15/the-president-of-the-united-states-is-now-a-neo-nazi-sympathiser

......Because  its freedom of speech and they have a right to protest.... So they should be afforded the same rights as those who arent racist etc......

Americans cant see how wrong that is. More concerned about 'freedom of speech' and protests being allowed then to call this for what it is, hate and make it unlawful to protest hate (i dont care if its black hate, white hate, Hispanic etc). But hey aparently they had the all important protest licenses in order so that makes it perfectly good.

You have a right to free speech  and not a right to hate. There are and should be some exceptions  to that such as racism! I know its a slippery slope but it needs to be revisited. I dont care what the constitution or laws say. Change your bloody laws...oh wait that wont happen just like outlawing guns wont happen because people will throw a hissy fit and go mental if you try.

The country is a hot mess and wont ever get better. If slavery and world wars couldnt end this crap then nothing will until the American people have a change of thought process or splits into two countries.

Sorry, just early morning ranting.

Edited by Jattdogg

Guest MattP

On some things here Trump is right, but this is a gigantic error on the whole, you cannot in any way, shape of form ever, ever go far enough when condemning things like white supremacy and Nazism. These are things that are totally alien to any freedom loving, free thinking nation that values all men equally and he should have made that statement so clear so many times after the incident. His biggest mistake was to wait 48 hours to make a statement, you don't need to wait for all the facts to condemn someone killing another protester by driving a car into them.

You can always say both sides are violent and he's right that ANTIFA are a bunch of hard left and also fascist thugs often just as bad as the other side but you have to pick and choose the time you fight these battles, this week wasn't the time to start that, he could have done this any week they had attacked police, shut down campuses, stunted free speech etc over the last year.

Yes the media twisted his words to claim he now supports Neo-Nazis but he should know by now that's going to happen, it's almost criminal to give them the ammunition to do so. Obama was just as bad in often refusing to criticise BLM but Donald just has to realise this is the way it is and adapt, he's been in the job long enough now.

As for the personal criticism directed at me a few days ago, I wasn't here there so couldn't post, would I have done were I? I don't know, but hypocrisy comes from all sides as well, over the last year or so 112 people have been mowed down in these types of attacks by Islamists and we are told to sing Imagine, show love not hate and make sure no one from the religion is tarnished with the same brush - the same sorts when an member of the alt-right does it once go into overdrive, tell us fascism is back, the right is responsible, start tearing down statues and demand that if people aren't outraged they aren't paying attention.

Let's have a little consistency from all sides.

Guest MattP
12 minutes ago, Buce said:

Veering ever-so-slightly off topic, what are posters opinions on the removal of statues/symbols associated with the Confederacy?

Absolutely mental. The people of the south already feel oppressed in many areas, they still feel the poverty from the war, they still see that everyday, now after all that some people still want to take their flag and effectively wipe out their history, if people want to continue to see people stream to the "alt-right" and even groups like the KKK - tearing down things like this will certainly help.

Ironically, the statue of Lenin still stands in Seattle, despite virtually all the Eastern bloc nations having tore theirs down.

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He was killed

Do people not die when they're killed?

Regardless, how is he responsible for something that occurred 36 years after his death?

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

Do people not die when they're killed?

Regardless, how is he responsible for something that occurred 36 years after his death?

Long story, the Brits offered Sikhs there own homeland, as Sikhs were rulers prior to the empire. Gandhi counter promised Sikhs a autonomous state in India.  Sikhs trusted Gandhi and took his offer, only for when the Brits left to retract, causing massive bloodshed.  Since then Sikhs have strived for there homeland and have had several genocidal attacks against them.  

Gandhi was very anti Sikh, as Sikhs oppose everything hinduism stands for, so much so he begged the low caste Dalits not to convert to Sikhism, as he feared a mass Sikh revolution.

Gandhi architecture deaths of over 2 billion people.  His betrayal was the initial grounding for 84

Plus he was a paedophile

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

On some things here Trump is right, but this is a gigantic error on the whole, you cannot in any way, shape of form ever, ever go far enough when condemning things like white supremacy and Nazism. These are things that are totally alien to any freedom loving, free thinking nation that values all men equally and he should have made that statement so clear so many times after the incident. His biggest mistake was to wait 48 hours to make a statement, you don't need to wait for all the facts to condemn someone killing another protester by driving a car into them.

You can always say both sides are violent and he's right that ANTIFA are a bunch of hard left and also fascist thugs often just as bad as the other side but you have to pick and choose the time you fight these battles, this week wasn't the time to start that, he could have done this any week they had attacked police, shut down campuses, stunted free speech etc over the last year.

Yes the media twisted his words to claim he now supports Neo-Nazis but he should know by now that's going to happen, it's almost criminal to give them the ammunition to do so. Obama was just as bad in often refusing to criticise BLM but Donald just has to realise this is the way it is and adapt, he's been in the job long enough now.

As for the personal criticism directed at me a few days ago, I wasn't here there so couldn't post, would I have done were I? I don't know, but hypocrisy comes from all sides as well, over the last year or so 112 people have been mowed down in these types of attacks by Islamists and we are told to sing Imagine, show love not hate and make sure no one from the religion is tarnished with the same brush - the same sorts when an member of the alt-right does it once go into overdrive, tell us fascism is back, the right is responsible, start tearing down statues and demand that if people aren't outraged they aren't paying attention.

Let's have a little consistency from all sides.

I thought that Trump's comments were weirdly similar to Corbyn's when questioned on the IRA, condemning those on both sides and as such was labelled as an IRA sympathiser. Trump's treatment is consistent with how Corbyn was treated by our press.

As for comparisons to Islam, I would condemn anyone who marched in support of ISIS and terrorism the same way I would anyone on a white supremacist march, and I would defend any patriotic white male American that loves his country if I felt they were being persecuted because of the actions of a minority of arseholes.

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I thought that Trump's comments were weirdly similar to Corbyn's when questioned on the IRA, condemning those on both sides and as such was labelled as an IRA sympathiser. Trump's treatment is consistent with how Corbyn was treated by our press.

As for comparisons to Islam, I would condemn anyone who marched in support of ISIS and terrorism the same way I would anyone on a white supremacist march, and I would defend any patriotic white male American that loves his country if I felt they were being persecuted because of the actions of a minority of arseholes.

First thing that came to my mind as well, I've spoken for a while now about the similarities between Trump and Corbyn but people just don't want to believe them.

18 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Long story, the Brits offered Sikhs there own homeland, as Sikhs were rulers prior to the empire. Gandhi counter promised Sikhs a autonomous state in India.  Sikhs trusted Gandhi and took his offer, only for when the Brits left to retract, causing massive bloodshed.  Since then Sikhs have strived for there homeland and have had several genocidal attacks against them.  

Gandhi was very anti Sikh, as Sikhs oppose everything hinduism stands for, so much so he begged the low caste Dalits not to convert to Sikhism, as he feared a mass Sikh revolution.

Gandhi architecture deaths of over 2 billion people.  His betrayal was the initial grounding for 84

Plus he was a paedophile

Get off the fence.

• Haha 1

Guest MattP
19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Plus he was a paedophile

Amazing to edit the post to add the last line in lol

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Veering ever-so-slightly off topic, what are posters opinions on the removal of statues/symbols associated with the Confederacy?

I can understand it, but I don't think I'd personally support it. It's a big part of history, all removing them ever does is drum up more hatred anyway.