Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

New manager poll - who do you want

New manager who do you want   

564 members have voted

1. 1. Who?????

• Roberto Mancini
    • Alan Pardew
    • Craig Shakespeare
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Gary Rowett
    • Guss Hiddink
    • Avram Grant
    • Frank de Boer
    • David Wagner
    • Martin O' Neil
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Other please state
    • None of the above

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I see a disconnect between who is the biggest manager we can find and who can help get us out of a relegation battle.

For Mancini, how do his 4 league titles help get us out of 18th place?

Good point. Didn't save Newcastle last year, but if you could convince a manager of that magnitude to stay one year in the championship, like they have, you'll keep most of the squad, attract better players and come back stronger.

Shocked to see Wagner above O'Neill in this poll! Done well at Huddersfield in the Championship but only been a Manager in a professional league for 18months! 

Guess people are buying into the mini Klopp thing. I wouldn't consider him until he had some more experience though. 

I'm hoping O'Neill is so low on this due to most think he will not be available to us, otherwise, surely he should be right at the top! 

Short-term to keep us up - Hiddink, then appoint Mancini or Blanc in the summer. They could take us to another level with the links they have in the game and the prestige they would bring. 

If we do drop to the Championship, then that is when I would consider a Rowett or Wagner type. 

I honestly think Hiddink is our best realistic short-term fix. Owners will have to chuck a big sum of money at him, but at 70 - will he get another chance to manage in the Premier League? 

He apparently turned us down before we appointed Ranieri last summer, so we know the owners like him, just whether he would consider us this time. Hope so. Other than O'Neill.. we couldn't do much better.

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Good point. Didn't save Newcastle last year, but if you could convince a manager of that magnitude to stay one year in the championship, like they have, you'll keep most of the squad, attract better players and come back stronger.

Mike Ashley had an epiphany last year. He brought in a real manager and made brilliant recruitment to go after the championship. I think trying to bounce would be risky for us. This league is too rich and parachute payments can't save everyone.  We will have to offload so many players and who knows what our recruitment will be like. I don't have much faith in that right now.

Nigel is now the clear favourite on skybet, but the odds are by no means certain.

Basically, nobody has a clue what is going on.

With Rudkin in charge of the recruitment, it's anyone's guess.

Remember how random appointing Ranieri was? It seemed we were chasing after Guus Hiddink for weeks and then opened the applications and went from there.

I cannot believe Pearson is even being considered. It would be a disasterus appointment. I'm not interested who the players might want, they are completely conflicted. 

I'd give Craig Shakespeare the next two games and if we get 4 points give him the job until the end if the season at which point we can make a more considered choice rather than a panic appointment.

If we can scramble staying up, then the options open up. I'm all for Shakespeare getting the next three games with an eye for rest of the season. He has the ear of the players most importantly. 

If we stay up, someone like De Boer with his Ajax background could begin moulding us into a different type of football to be played.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The way people think we can just cherry pick people like Howe and Wagner is arrogant in the extreme. 

It will be someone currently out of work.

Have you not been watching football long? Money talks! 

Archived