Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

New manager poll - who do you want

New manager who do you want   

564 members have voted

1. 1. Who?????

• Roberto Mancini
    • Alan Pardew
    • Craig Shakespeare
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Gary Rowett
    • Guss Hiddink
    • Avram Grant
    • Frank de Boer
    • David Wagner
    • Martin O' Neil
    • Michael Laudrup
    • Other please state
    • None of the above

1 minute ago, maddog said:

I have a horrible feeling the shortening of Roy Hodgson's odds means he's getting interviewed at least....

If we win tomorrow and Saturday we will be above Bournemouth (they travel to Man Utd). Imagine that, 2 home wins and we'll be above Bournemouth and therefore close to safety :D

It just means some tits have put a few quid on it. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Am I the only one who thinks Mancini, at this point in time would be a bad appointment? I'm not disputing his managerial ability, but he has a history of clashing with players and not having a good relationship with some of his players. Something we desperately need right now is unity and I can't see Mancini implementing that with these players. 

I think there could be issues with whoever gets the job.

The players obviously like Shakespeare, what if the new guy wants to bring his own coaching staff. Asks them to change to play a certain way.

I'm going to feel like rinsing my mouth out for saying this, although I don't think the owners would never let it happen, but NFP could be the best option. FFS there I've said it!!

Shakespeare will turn out a better version of Pearson, if I was a Leicester owner he would already have been offered the job permanently or at the very least til the end if the season..

He's better than any of the other options..

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

The players obviously like Shakespeare, what if the new guy wants to bring his own coaching staff. Asks them to change to play a certain way.

I'm going to feel like rinsing my mouth out for saying this, although I don't think the owners would never let it happen, but NFP could be the best option. FFS there I've said it!!

Welcome to the club :scarf:

One part of me wants Hiddink or Pearson to come steady the ship 

But why not give it to Shakespeare, he's been the one consistent through all our good times, he knows the core values of the club, the core group of players and the style needed to succeed 

If he wants it, we should give it him

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

One part of me wants Hiddink or Pearson to come steady the ship 

But why not give it to Shakespeare, he's been the one consistent through all our good times, he knows the core values of the club, the core group of players and the style needed to succeed 

If he wants it, we should give it him

Think we should see what kind of reaction we get on Monday first. We may get NO reaction.

Often, when things have been going so bad for so long, the only way to get a spark, is a big change. I'm not sure Shakespeare will have enough of an impact, or enough fresh ideas and a clean slate, that I think is desperately needed. I also fear he will stick with the same back 4 and favour the players he has worked with longer, over the newer signings like Benny and Amartey etc. 

I'm curious to see what happens on Monday though and his team selection and tactics. He could prove me wrong and hope he does. 

Still think we will end up needing to bring someone in with a new energy and fresh ideas though and hopefully someone who will either tear into the players to get a reaction, or instill some belief and confidence again. 

2 hours ago, Livid said:

Agree with you about Pearson, though I can't ****ing stand the guy.

If someone else is appointed they will clear out every ****er involved behind the scenes. After what's happened there is no way the new boss will let coaching staff from the old regime stick around. Shakespeare knows this so he will be desperate to try and get a positive result tomorrow.

Because, let's face it: if he doesn't he will be turfed out too.

1 minute ago, Kaewbudda said:

Agree with you about Pearson, though I can't ****ing stand the guy.

If someone else is appointed they will clear out every ****er involved behind the scenes. After what's happened there is no way the new boss will let coaching staff from the old regime stick around. Shakespeare knows this so he will be desperate to try and get a positive result tomorrow.

Because, let's face it: if he doesn't he will be turfed out too.

I would hope that the owners, after speaking to loads of players and backroom staff over the last few weeks, have a very good insight into the situation and have far more sense than to appoint someone who would further erode the infrastructure of the club by removing Shakey.

Voted Pearson for obvious reasons. much like I did in 2011 after Sven's sacking.

As things stand at this precise moment then he'd be the obvious choice to keep us in this division re singing off the same song sheet at Shakespeare, not to mention the fact that the core of the team is still what he & Walsh put together to come unbelievably good last season after the miracle that was April-May 2015! As businessmen then the owners should be looking way beyond their pride related matters of principal or their cultural/religious parameters if they want to remain in this division, at least until the end of the season! Sticking with Claudio for arguably two months longer than they should've done (with a piece of hindsight), could now prove to be fatal unless they get the next appt. spot on.......whoever it may be if Shakespeare isn't deemed experienced enough to be steering a sinking ship until the end of the season.....  

Just now, brucey said:

I would hope that the owners, after speaking to loads of players and backroom staff over the last few weeks, have a very good insight into the situation and have far more sense than to appoint someone who would further erode the infrastructure of the club by removing Shakey.

It's generally the case that when a new manager arrives he brings along his own coaching staff. This is normal. It was quite unusual for CR to keep the existing staff on board. Obviously when things were going well there were no issues. But when results dipped...

After reading reports/rumours about the clash between CR and CS (whether they are true or not makes no difference) there is no way on God's green earth that any new manager will take on the job without getting rid of everyone behind the scenes. (Unless of course the club appoints someone on a temporary basis, which is a different matter altogether.)

Let's remember Pearson nearly got the 2016 champions of England relegated  in 2015 

he stumbled on to a pressing and wide game that gave us a chance and the team pulled off a miracle 

mainly because Cambiassio told pearson what to do ! 

I can already hear the stampede of pearsonites to slaughter me lol 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Let's remember Pearson nearly got the 2016 champions of England relegated  in 2015 

he stumbled on to a pressing and wide game that gave us a chance and the team pulled off a miracle 

mainly because Cambiassio told pearson what to do ! 

I can already hear the stampede of pearsonites to slaughter me lol 

3471690.jpg?302

I don't know why but I'm really looking forward to tonight's game.

Shakespeare acquitted himself very well in the press conference the other day. People will have their opinions about what role he played in Ranieri's departure but he represents the continuity from the League 1, Championship and Premier League titles, and the Great Escape. All that success at this club. He is the Andy King of the backroom staff.

His managerial credentials have yet to be tested. But coaches get their breaks at different times. If he can get that spirit back, bring back a psychologist, get our scouting network back up to scratch and make us fearless again, he has the makings of being a superb manager for us. It could be like bringing back Pearson without the ignominy, poor PR skills and misbehaving son.

Maybe I'm getting carried away, but my optimism is back. I hope it's still there in 3 hours' time.

Archived