Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milo

Did we keep the receipt for Musa?

He has the right attributes to be such a useful weapon in this division. He's raw, quick and does have an eye for goal, reminds me a bit of Antonio without the aerial threat. (If he could play to his strengths, but he really doesn't)

He's so lacking in confidence and it's so painful to watch. All you want is for him to run at the fullback and deliver something, anything, even bloody Schlupp did that. Really hope he comes good and I don't think the signing was as random and not thought though like some are making out. 

He was a quick striker similar in style to Vardy who could operate in a number of positions, had CL experience and had a decent record v English clubs. Remember we were after him when Walsh was around. Hasn't worked out but it was good ambition shown by the club. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He has the right attributes to be such a useful weapon in this division. He's raw, quick and does have an eye for goal, reminds me a bit of Antonio without the aerial threat. (If he could play to his strengths, but he really doesn't)

He's so lacking in confidence and it's so painful to watch. All you want is for him to run at the fullback and deliver something, anything, even bloody Schlupp did that. Really hope he comes good and I don't think the signing was as random and not thought though like some are making out. 

He was a quick striker similar in style to Vardy who could operate in a number of positions, had CL experience and had a decent record v English clubs. Remember we were after him when Walsh was around. Hasn't worked out but it was good ambition shown by the club. 

I admire your optimism....you must be a man with a glass half full all the time?

He is arguably one of the worst value players I have seen in city colours but maybe I am a miserable ol bugger!!

58 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't know what to think really, they all seemed more than happy with 352 when it worked at the end of the first season.

Ranieri never really gave any other formation a REAL try. If your other alternative is 433, give it a go and stick with it.

Don't go 442,433,442 diamond, 352 and back to 442. If you have players reluctant to change, then doing that is just going to make them question you even more.

I think it got to the point they didn't trust his decisions and that's why they were reluctant. I think someone who they buy into, who has a coherent plan can get something else from them.

Shakiasso?

When are you going to test the formations? We certainly didn't preseason. There was too much change sure, but are you certain players gave ANY of those a real go?

Do you think Shakey can really get something else from them? I'd be interested if so, I've just not convinced he has the buying power to change the vote to have an option b. Which is bad news for Musa.

Edited by sphericalfox

28 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I admire your optimism....you must be a man with a glass half full all the time?

He is arguably one of the worst value players I have seen in city colours but maybe I am a miserable ol bugger!!

He's been shit here but has looked good elsewhere, meh yes Russian league but always looked a threat in CL. 

23 hours ago, murphy said:

The truth is that he has already had a good deal of time.  We heard the same argument about Shinji last year.  Now some people love him cus he smiles a lot, but has he improved at all towards the end of his second season?  I would say he is the same player he was last year.

I remember when we used to recruit from the lower leagues?  Take O'Neill's team.  Elliott from Oxford, Lennon & Savage from Crewe, Guppy from Port Vale, Claridge from Birmingham etc.  They went straight into a premier league team without having to have years of time to adapt.  It's called doing your homework.

We have managed to spend 60mn on three players that haven't improved the team.  I don't think we can afford to have that much money sitting on the bench whilst we wait and hope that the ugly ducklings become swans.  That money needs to be recouped as much as possible and reinvested in players that will improve the team and fit our style.

Totally correct.

• 8 months later...

The situation now seems that he acknowledges he's not going to be in the match day squad anytime soon, but he knows he's very lucky to still be on the payroll and iphence enjoying the time he has left.

If I was Puel, I'd be furious that he's, presumably, not taking his situation seriously to try and push to be considered more.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The situation now seems that he acknowledges he's not going to be in the match day squad anytime soon, but he knows he's very lucky to still be on the payroll and iphence enjoying the time he has left.

If I was Puel, I'd be furious that he's, presumably, not taking his situation seriously to try and push to be considered more.

I thought him turning down Hull on loan was ridiculous. He had a chance to go on loan to a just relegated PL club and play in the Championship under a manager that "was like a father to him" and who he played under for about four years.

It's looking more and more that he's frozen out here and not even getting on the bench for the League Cup match is telling especially when we're short of wide attacking players. I wonder what his thought process is now? Does he realise that his level is nowhere near and is happy to sit out his contract and be thankful he's earned so much money out the game or is he prepared to work hard and go out on loan somewhere? By his own performances he really shouldn't expect anything more than a Championship club to be in for him.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I thought him turning down Hull on loan was ridiculous. He had a chance to go on loan to a just relegated PL club and play in the Championship under a manager that "was like a father to him" and who he played under for about four years.

It's looking more and more that he's frozen out here and not even getting on the bench for the League Cup match is telling especially when we're short of wide attacking players. I wonder what his thought process is now? Does he realise that his level is nowhere near and is happy to sit out his contract and be thankful he's earned so much money out the game or is he prepared to work hard and go out on loan somewhere? By his own performances he really shouldn't expect anything more than a Championship club to be in for him.

I read somewhere the other day he has now decided he wants to move to get more playing time. I think he stayed because he wanted to fight for a place and thought he had a chance. Hasnt worked out and if what i read is true he is ready to move on