Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Atletico Madrid (Away) Pre-Match Thread

It's easy to think these teams are a different level and almost playing a different sport but they really aren't.

They've only scored 56 goals in La Liga this season. That's an average of 1.8 per match and exactly the same as Sevilla who weren't all that great when we played them. We'll also have the side back that have been excellent over the last month and not the side who lost today.

Malaga beat Barcelona yesterday with our now ex player Hernandez shutting out Messi, Neymar and Suarez for 90 minutes.

Of course Atletico are a good side but we will be competitive against them for sure. It's 50/50 we score and 50/50 they don't get two goals or more. I'm expecting a tight low scoring affair.

The onus is on them to attack us which seemingly is not their normal game so we need to take full advantage of that, Vardy needs to be on his game and be fed with some winnable balls.

If we do come out with something then the home leg will be more difficult as it's likely to be on us to attack them and we're pretty vulnerable to the counter when we're attacking.

Biggest game in the clubs long history.

I along with 3 generations of foxes are going to bloody love it and shout my head off for the lads - hopefully all lucky enough like us will make the same noise.

Pity we are missing our Captain who is a big miss but we need to work our nuts off, have a bit of luck and make the most of the few chances we get - bring them back to Filbo Way with us in the tie would be tremendous.

Todays performance should mean that the 11 will be our last season team except Benny and Ndidi for Wes and NK.

As Shakey said post match this squad has an unbelievable spirit and every ounce will be needed - let's respect them but get into em and not be overawed!!!!

COYB!

Genuinely would put them up there with Real, Barca and Bayern in terms of quality. Only thing that may work in our favour is that our style won't suit them, but then again their style won't suit us. 

These guys are full of world class players unlike Sevilla. It's another level for me. We need to frustrate them since I'd expect them to start strong and then push on the counter. Make it hard work for them and the fans will get on their backs. I'm sure they're expecting to walk all over us.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's easy to think these teams are a different level and almost playing a different sport but they really aren't.

They've only scored 56 goals in La Liga this season. That's an average of 1.8 per match and exactly the same as Sevilla who weren't all that great when we played them. We'll also have the side back that have been excellent over the last month and not the side who lost today.

Malaga beat Barcelona yesterday with our now ex player Hernandez shutting out Messi, Neymar and Suarez for 90 minutes.

Of course Atletico are a good side but we will be competitive against them for sure. It's 50/50 we score and 50/50 they don't get two goals or more. I'm expecting a tight low scoring affair.

Puts it in perspective. Athletico aren't unbeatable and if they have an off day, we can take them. If they're on their game, i'd take a 1 goal loss, preferably 2-1.

As long as we don't have slimani marking anyone at corners we will be alright. He was shocking today. 

I think we will turn up for this, go after them from the start and get a early goal, they attack us because they have to and we snatch another. 2 nil at full time. Kasper with motm making more than 3 top class saves. 

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Is this a 'just don't embarrass ourselves' game?

Nope, I'm starting the "CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND, YOU'LL NEVER SING THAT" chant. 

PS Imagine in 20 years coming back to the point when we posted in a Champions League Quarter Final first leg thread. 

Guest seanfox778

Would love an away goal and a narrow defeat at worst. I'm gutted I have to miss the first half but I'll be running around Doha to find somewhere showing the second half. What an occasion!! Come on Leicester!!

Archived