Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry state of affairs when you get excited when Morgan goes down injured, but that's what's the state of affairs here. The man still has another 3 or 4 year contract and he's declining rapidly, we've got to pray for a lengthy injury and Shakey will not drop him. if he doesn't go 3 at the back then either Huth or Maguire isn't playing. 

Expires in 2019 to be fair so not too long really.

He can be reserve this season but I don't want him to be starting too often. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Oh, why the mince did I think he'd signed a 4-5 year deal last year?

He signed a new one after we won the league but didn't get a real lengthy one like most. 

It was just a 1 year extension I believe to the deal he signed in 2014 that was due to expire in 2018.

If either of Huth or Morgan keep Harry out of the team, then Shakey needs committing to a mental heath hospital.  If he changes to 3 at the back just to accommodate both Huth and Morgan - ditto.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If either of Huth or Morgan keep Harry out of the team, then Shakey needs committing to a mental heath hospital.  If he changes to 3 at the back just to accommodate both Huth and Morgan - ditto.

Disagree with that - it may have been in the plan all along, given Riyad's desire to leave. 

Don't think it's 'hate' for Morgan, it's clear he's struggling with a bad back and not the Captain fantastic he was 2 seasons ago, one of our best ever signings but all good things must come to an end. I hope we sign a young centre half and Gibson fits the bill, maybe an England defensive pair in the making with Harry.... :thumbup:

Up the City... :scarf:

12 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Don't think it's 'hate' for Morgan, it's clear he's struggling with a bad back and not the Captain fantastic he was 2 seasons ago, one of our best ever signings but all good things must come to an end. I hope we sign a young centre half and Gibson fits the bill, maybe an England defensive pair in the making with Harry.... :thumbup:

Up the City... :scarf:

Agreed. Some may still think him tainted by coming from florist. He has been a good player for us and a legend as captain of the champions. He clearly has a back problem,which he is yet to fully overcome or is likely to recur. As both Wes and Huth are in their 30s injuries may take longer to resolve. Time to look to the future.

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Some of you need to hang your heads in shame. I understand the want for another central defender and I agree that it would be ideal, but show some respect to a club legend. 

I'm afraid it's today's news , tomorrow's chip wrapper for many. Wes will always be enshrined in our folklore - it's him lifting the bloody trophy!! Professional football at the highest level has no room for romanticism any more. If he isn't good enough then he has to drop down. If he can prove himself then he is recalled. It should be a meritocracy though if you really have ability if often isn't. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I'm afraid it's today's news , tomorrow's chip wrapper for many. Wes will always be enshrined in our folklore - it's him lifting the bloody trophy!! Professional football at the highest level has no room for romanticism any more. If he isn't good enough then he has to drop down. If he can prove himself then he is recalled. It should be a meritocracy though if you really have ability if often isn't. 

It's not that people think that he's on the decline that bothers me. I've just seen him described in some very derogatory terms and that is just completely unacceptable. I personally think that Wes still has a lot to offer, but I think to get the best out of him we shouldn't play him play every single game. See how Everton use Jagielka now. He looks relatively solid when he plays, but is more of a bit part player.  

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

It's not that people think that he's on the decline that bothers me. I've just seen him described in some very derogatory terms and that is just completely unacceptable. I personally think that Wes still has a lot to offer, but I think to get the best out of him we shouldn't play him play every single game. See how Everton use Jagielka now. He looks relatively solid when he plays, but is more of a bit part player.  

Wes will probably be our only captain to ever lift the epl trophy, and for that reason alone he'll always be a legend at Leicester, not forgetting he also had a great season along side Huth. I would never be derogatory towards him and no real leicester fan should be either, but we also need to be realistic, and he's struggled big time in the first two games and we need to replace him as a first choice cb. Imo Ben Gibson would be a brilliant long term solution and would form a fantastic partnership with Harry Maguire. I can see these two also being an important part of the England set up for many years as well. Imo they are already better cbs than John Stones and Gary  Cahill

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Some of you need to hang your heads in shame. I understand the want for another central defender and I agree that it would be ideal, but show some respect to a club legend. 

I don't feel  that most people are slagging Morgan, just recognizing that he appears to be in decline! Whether its his age or the back trouble or a combination of both that is the cause of the decline doesn't matter. We always knew that Morgan & Huth were getting older and wouldn't play forever. It's the minority who are making it personal and that minority do not have my respect.

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I don't feel  that most people are slagging Morgan, just recognizing that he appears to be in decline! Whether its his age or the back trouble or a combination of both that is the cause of the decline doesn't matter. We always knew that Morgan & Huth were getting older and wouldn't play forever. It's the minority who are making it personal.

Yeah it is, and thankfully a small minority. If it was Newcastle, he'd have a statue erected outside the ground by now ( if they could find room amongst the others)lol

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

Yeah it is, and thankfully a small minority. If it was Newcastle, he'd have a statue erected outside the ground by now ( if they could find room amongst the others)lol

Going a bit off topic but I actually think some statues of our club legends would be a great addition to the stadium surroundings. 

Archived