Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Rooney isn't just an average player now he's genuinely terrible, Everton have made some shrewd signings and have got their business done early but this is idiotic - he's not going to get in ahead of Barkley, Klassen or Sandro surely and he'll be on big money too.

I can't imagine Walsh would have wanted this signing.

Walsh loves an old vet on a free.

A move to his home town club away from the sour puss mourinho could rejuvenate him and give him fresh motivation.

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

Rooney isn't just an average player now he's genuinely terrible, Everton have made some shrewd signings and have got their business done early but this is idiotic - he's not going to get in ahead of Barkley, Klassen or Sandro surely and he'll be on big money too.

I can't imagine Walsh would have wanted this signing.

Shirt seller

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Surprised on Rooney's decline to be honest.

Seems to have faded away dramatically during Mourinho'a tenure.

Could potentially be a great signing for Everton, but have the feeling Rooney has lost some of the skill he has known for during his earlier career imo.

He hasn't been the same player since Ronaldo went and is getting worse every time he plays, Rooney will struggle to get in the Everton side and he'll probably be on 150k+ a week. Not a Walsh signing. 

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Huddersfield spending a fair bit.

They need too as according to someone who posted on here who claimed to have watched them a lot last season said they only had 3 or 4 decent players and 2 of them was on loan from other clubs 

3 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

He hasn't been the same player since Ronaldo went and is getting worse every time he plays, Rooney will struggle to get in the Everton side and he'll probably be on 150k+ a week. Not a Walsh signing. 

Even the last 3/4 years that Fergie was there he was turning up to preseason overweight and unfit. He'd put the hours in to get back up to standard but that's not the point. A pro should never get himself in that state especially one of Rooney's status at a club like Man U. 

He's been paying for that these past few years. 

Everton fans will view Rooney from the same perspective we would have viewed resigning Emile 3 or 4 years ago. He couldn't move anymore but he's a famous son of the City and a much loved former player, a returning hero and I would have loved for us to have signed him even though he wouldn't really have been any good. So from that perspective Everton fans should be pleased getting him back.

From the objective football supporter, Rooney is like a good, powerful, quality looking BMW that's had one owner, but done 170,000 miles and hasn't been serviced for 3 years and generally hasn't been looked after at all well and is basically on it's way out. He's absolutely useless to be honest and I wouldn't be interested in signing him if I was a Bolton fan.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Everton fans will view Rooney from the same perspective we would have viewed resigning Emile 3 or 4 years ago. He couldn't move anymore but he's a famous son of the City and a much loved former player, a returning hero and I would have loved for us to have signed him even though he wouldn't really have been any good. So from that perspective Everton fans should be pleased getting him back.

Don't know about that - he didn't win anything with them and only gave them two seasons after he broke through before sacking them off. He's scored fewer Everton goals than Victor Anichebe. 

Edited by ealingfox

6 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

Definitely a Ranieri signing. X

Edited by RumbleFox

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

From the objective football supporter, Rooney is like a good, powerful, quality looking BMW that's had one owner, but done 170,000 miles and hasn't been serviced for 3 years and generally hasn't been looked after at all well and is basically on it's way out. He's absolutely useless to be honest and I wouldn't be interested in signing him if I was a Bolton fan.

I'm not so sure.....hes not that popular at Everton. They burnt shirts when he left, booed when he returned, he kissed the United badge and wound up the Everton fans each time he scored at Goodison.

Huddersfield making some tidy signings. 

Ive always liked Mooy having watched him lots for Melbourne City. Ince I think will step up to the bigger stage. And they've signed a striker today I believe?

Still relegation faves though I suspect

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Some quite presumptuous comments here from someone who is not an Everton fan.

Rooney fvcked a lot of Evertonians off when he wrote that rubbish on his shirt and cleared off to Man Utd not long after. Not to mention as others have said, he didn't actually do that much for Everton because he wasn't in their senior team that long. He only scored 15 goals for them. Heskey scored 40 goals for us over 6 seasons. I think most of them have probably forgiven him and put it down to his age but I think calling him a "returning hero" is a bit much. You even said yourself he's "absolutely useless".

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Huddersfield making some tidy signings. 

Ive always liked Mooy having watched him lots for Melbourne City. Ince I think will step up to the bigger stage. And they've signed a striker today I believe?

Still relegation faves though I suspect

Poor signings imo.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I'm not so sure.....hes not that popular at Everton. They burnt shirts when he left, booed when he returned, he kissed the United badge and wound up the Everton fans each time he scored at Goodison.

I think it's split. He turned out for a testimonial (Jagielka's maybe) and was welcomed. Have a read of their forum, some of them positing "welcome home".

Zanka impressed me immensely in the 2 games against them, he's a colossal centre half, very much in the Wes Morgan mould. I'd love him here, I swear we tried to get him in January? 

I think Huddersfield are going along nicely, just like Bournemouth did. Don't fall in to the trap on " names " as we're showing how hard it becomes when you become more established to keep making good signings. I think that Mounier is a great player, he'll do well. Mooy is also PL capable as well and that Kasey Palmer looks a great talent.

Wagner has a meticulous plan so I expect this is all very measured.