Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Saw ManCity goals and it's really like playing FIFA on Playstation. Absolutely out of this world. Even Sterling has made a massive jump in quality. 

Watched Arsenal's game and still asking myself how some could think that we were or are anywhere near challenging the top 6. Not happening.

I know it would be nice but main aim now is to keep 8th that would be a good season. To many draws recently unfortunately but I think next season we could challenge again. Going to be down to the last game in the relegation scrap which will make it worth watching 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed. He's been a joy to watch since he joined them really. I think he's more influential than De Brunye.

I think Guardiola made them complement each other very well.

• Like 2

Went to the Stoke v Burnley game as part of my Grandad's birthday present (Cheshire born and bred and Stoke fan).

Entertaining, but at the same time a rather poor-quality game.

Burnley only grew into it when they got the equaliser.

Some complain about Leicester's recruitment policy with some of the signings and fee paid, but one that stands out for Stoke is Saido Berahino - rarely features in the match day squad and is now on an intensive fitness programme as he's been found to be overweight despite training as usual like the other players.

Will probably never go to the level before where quite a few initially rated him before his time at Stoke.

Another flop there is Imbula, who has been sent out on-loan somewhere and Jese (the latter I thought would do well at Stoke and is just on-loan), but apparently has felt de-motivated to play for the club and spends more time on his Instagram etc accounts).

They'll need a major overhaul if/when they go down for sure.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

45 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Went to the Stoke v Burnley game as part of my Grandad's birthday present (Cheshire born and bred and Stoke fan).

Entertaining, but at the same time a rather poor-quality game.

Burnley only grew into it when they got the equaliser.

Some complain about Leicester's recruitment policy with some of the signings and fee paid, but one that stands out for Stoke is Saido Berahino - rarely features in the match day squad and is now on an intensive fitness programme as he's been found to be overweight despite training as usual like the other players.

Will probably never go to the level before where quite a few initially rated him before his time at Stoke.

Another flop there is Imbula, who has been sent out on-loan somewhere and Jese (the latter I thought would do well at Stoke and is just on-loan), but apparently has felt de-motivated to play for the club and spends more time on his Instagram etc accounts).

They'll need a major overhaul if/when they go down for sure.

Brought that Wimmer lad from Spurs as well for 15 million who has hardly kicked a ball.

Thankfully for us there seems to be 3  worse teams than us!

My worry is we cannot keep getting away with not bothering to turn up post March...

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s an interesting one Zaha. For his quality, skills and those heralding him the best player outside of the top six, his return in goals and assists is poor. 

It is but the rest of the team seem to get a lift when he’s on the pitch as they have only won with him playing this season 

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

It is but the rest of the team seem to get a lift when he’s on the pitch as they have only won with him playing this season 

Him playing in a dreadful team shouldn't give him extra points in the 'best outside the top 6' debate.

20 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Everton v Newcastle tonight.

If Everton win they go above us and if Newcastle win they are joint on points, with a game in hand. 

Draw it is then!!! ... 

Think Newcastle will just win.

Everton have struggled recently, whilst Newcastle seem to be on the up and are playing more positively.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Think Newcastle will just win.

Everton have struggled recently, whilst Newcastle seem to be on the up and are playing more positively.

Was thinking the same actually. Newcastle have been great recently, they have really picked up form. 

Still had a few ££ on a draw though (which would be the most favourable result) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Everton v Newcastle tonight.

If Everton win they go above us and if Newcastle win they are joint on points, with a game in hand. 

Draw it is then!!! ... 

I'm convinced they'll both finish above us anyway.

• Sad 1