Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Possibly the worst game of football in terms of quality I've watched this season. It's been absolutely woeful.

Most of the league are that bad, it's not just us.

And us, Everton And Newcastle are top half. lol

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I hope our nothing matches will be more entertaining....roll on end of season 

Your dreaming if you think our shower of shit will be anymore entertaining!!! Yes defo roll on end of may 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Madley again bottling that. Kenedy should have seen red for the hand to the face. 

And they made such a fuss when Maguire did a similar thing to Gayle. Doubt they'll be calling for a ban here.

31 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Wow sky pick some absolute  shite Monday night football games 

Well, I think it would make for some welcome change to scrap these bloody shite Monday night games altogether and finally play them on a weekend again.

Maybe the response would be a bit more positive then.

Although I have to say Goodison Park is a wonderful cemetery that occasionally passes as a football stadium.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They may be poor at times, but don't think the game at Crystal Palace will be easy as some may believe.

Misplaced confidence if they do - we couldn't stop them turning us over 3-0 at the KP before we turned crap 

2 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Wow sky pick some absolute  shite Monday night football games 

This is because the vast majority of the games picked for a monday night will always be picked to avoid using the teams playing in europe, for obvious reasons.

I do find it interesting that Everton are like us......in reverse.

Everton had a manager that wanted to play football in Koeman, and they were accused of having no focal point up front and over playing without tempo. In comes Allardyce who gets them more assured at the back at home but aways are an issue and playing more direct into the forwards quicker. Team goes up the table. Fans get pissed off and want a manager who plays a more technical, pass and move brand of football.

Leicester had a manager playing direct in Shakespeare and we couldnt keep the ball for toffee, we were conceding lots of possession and using an over reliance on balls into the channels and Vardy's pace. Puel comes in, and gets the team playing more pass and move football, retaining the ball and controlling the tempo of the game.Away performances and results improve, but at home, we struggle to find the breakthrough. Fans get pissed off and want a manager who likes to go long into the forwards early and play ugly low percentage stuff and fight for bits and pieces.

Makes me think a significant group of people here and there should advocate just swap managers, then we would both be happy right??

Like fvck would we.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone really care ?  one thing I can tell you is that everton under allardyce are doing nothing to prepare for next season.  Finishing 8th, 9th, 10th ...... not bothered. I only care about next season now. 

Allardyce is clearly on his way out and I expect them to get genuinely better in the summer when this new director of football comes in.

It's just annoying that we're below this abysmal excuse of an Everton side. Them being 8th is a sad reflection on the state of the top flight of English football. They're horrible.

13 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They may be poor at times, but don't think the game at Crystal Palace will be easy as some may believe.

Is anyone expecting an easy game? I'd say the vast majority of us are expecting to get turned over fairly comfortably.

17 hours ago, Beechey said:

Other than for the extra ~£2m per place, I don't remotely care.

The money means absolutely nothing to the fans, players or owners.

It'd be nice if our players just played their best for the fans.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

acH4IXLmqrUdQpxPGRKpnidp9Hro4FcqP_VB1gsQ

We need an unbeaten run whilst Burnley lose all their last 3. Only thing that is mildly interesting is Spurs vs Liverpool final finish. What a boring season.

Just now, FIF said:

The money means absolutely nothing to the fans, players or owners.

It'd be nice if our players just played their best for the fans.

Diabate didn't cost us £2m, if our finishing 8th rather than 10th nets us an extra £4 million or so, I'd like to think grabbing another 2 Diabate's wouldn't be so bad lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

We need an unbeaten run whilst Burnley lose all their last 3. Only thing that is mildly interesting is Spurs vs Liverpool final finish. What a boring season.

Three wins could suffice, but Burnley would still need to lose their three remaining matches. We have a slight advantage in goal difference.

But that's as probable as Claude Puel not needing a translator for post-match interviews any longer.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Diabate didn't cost us £2m, if our finishing 8th rather than 10th nets us an extra £4 million or so, I'd like to think grabbing another 2 Diabate's wouldn't be so bad lol

But that's not how it works is it?

We'll buy the people we want whether we're 7th or 12th and the £2m could buy 2 Diabatés or Musa's left arm.

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

But that's not how it works is it?

We'll buy the people we want whether we're 7th or 12th and the £2m could buy 2 Diabatés or Musa's left arm.

7th to 12th £10m could be the difference in getting all the players we want or NOT.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It is though, FFP dictates you cannot overspend on your realistic earnings. Like it or not, £4-5m isn't small change to a club that only operates a profit of around £20m per season. Owners can always loan money to the club, but it will always have to be paid back, nothing is free, so getting as much money as possible from the league is always important. Clubs can spend up to €5m more than they earn every 3 years, and given we'll be doing some major squad rebuilding soon, I wouldn't personally scoff at any amount of money the club can bring in.

Clubs are allowed to avoid the €5m figure if the owners pay the fees directly, but our owners have never injected money like that for transfer fees, only for structural costs, like writing off debt.

Even if we care about FPP there are so many ways around it. The owners can easily manipulate income through their duty free company if they want.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

7th to 12th £10m could be the difference in getting all the players we want or NOT.

Sorry I don't see it that way.

We got all the players we wanted that wanted to come to us last year and the year before and the year before. £2m for a position will make no difference.