Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Man City truly are a joy to watch. The way they play football is sublime.

Swansea are really in the 5h1t too, both Stoke and Southampton can still catch them.

Wouldn't want to see our Kingy relegated, but fact is they're stagnating at just the wrong time while the performances, if not necessarily the results, of both the teams directly below them are starting to improve.

Who is their game in hand against?

Edited by bluesbrothers

14 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

Swansea are really in the 5h1t too, both Stoke and Southampton can still catch them.

Wouldn't want to see our Kingy relegated, but fact is they're stagnating at just the wrong time while the performances, if not necessarily the results, of both the teams directly below them are starting to improve.

Who is their game in hand against?

Home to Southampton. 

Swansea's run in is home to Chelsea, away to Bournemouth, home to Southampton and home to Stoke.

Looking at Stoke and Southampton's run ins, Swansea can probably afford to draw those last 2 games and still stay up.

I must admit David Silva is one of my all time favourite non Leicester Premier League players.  He is phenomenal.  Also, I do not have Jesus in my team and most of my mini league do so that penalty was beautiful.  I also have Fabianski, anyone know if that counts as a penalty save being as the rebound went in?  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I must admit David Silva is one of my all time favourite non Leicester Premier League players.  He is phenomenal.  Also, I do not have Jesus in my team and most of my mini league do so that penalty was beautiful.  I also have Fabianski, anyone know if that counts as a penalty save being as the rebound went in?  X

I'd imagine it counts for Fabianski, he saved it, just become a normal goal conceded after that.

Why on earth is Fabianski your keeper though?!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Gotta feel for Hughes, gets knocked out the fa cup semi and takes 2 clubs down in the same season

It makes a statement about managers being constantly recycled. Hughes is brutal !!! Zero imagination but keeps getting hired. Him & Pulis & Pardew and for me Allardyce, 

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'd imagine it counts for Fabianski, he saved it, just become a normal goal conceded after that.

Why on earth is Fabianski your keeper though?!?

He is my back up and given the blank game week he had to play.  Just checked, he got the penalty save points so all good.

35 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Agreed. He's been a joy to watch since he joined them really. I think he's more influential than De Brunye.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Home to Southampton. 

Swansea's run in is home to Chelsea, away to Bournemouth, home to Southampton and home to Stoke.

Looking at Stoke and Southampton's run ins, Swansea can probably afford to draw those last 2 games and still stay up.

But likewise, if Stoke and Southampton both beat them, they're gonners.

Some massive fixtures coming up for all three then.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

So 9 points behind Burnley 12 to play for we can still catch them ? Unlikely as it is you never know. (Even if we do know ) 

There's the TINIEST chance if they lose to Brighton and we beat Palace, but they're so resolute and consistently keep getting shithouse points, so it's as good as over im afraid :(

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

There's the TINIEST chance if they lose to Brighton and we beat Palace, but they're so resolute and consistently keep getting shithouse points, so it's as good as over im afraid :(

And we won't beat Palace.... lol