Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

15 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Let's be honest if we came out at the start of the game like we did at the second half we may have stood a chance, that has to be down to management :(

But this comment ignores the fact that Athletico were setup much more defensively in the second half, given the scoreline. 

Had we started with the players/approach/formation we had, first of all, Simeone would have prior notice to it because he'd have received the teamsheet so could have organised something to counteract it, plus I doubt it would have been as successful because Madrid would not have been playing as deep as they ended up playing at the start of the game.

No other option than to offer it to Shakespeare. At this stage, given all he's achieved since taking over, I feel that if we brought in a big name he would move elsewhere - this is his biggest chance/platform into a number one position and given his service to the club I feel that he would want to move on if not offered the position. Surely keeping him at the club as manager is the best option for everyone?

I am with Craig Shakespeare as a permanent coach and he has shown that he is capable with both tactics and relation with the   players , he can bluid a team within 3-4 years plan, he  got the players and can bring new needed ones and  without any European competition leceister city will play as  Chelsea did this season by focusing on the EPL matches , because CS will be  broken if the  owners give the job to another coach , hope with next games and the  good results he will get it starting with the next Wednesday big  game against arsenal 

I think he's done everything right so far.

• At the beginning, he went back to basics and got everyone motivated again, and picked up vital points including a first away win.
  • He rested players at Everton knowing what was to come against Atletico.
  • Setup correctly against Atletico away and changed it at half time noticing their dangers in midfield. Would have got a result if not for the terrible ref.
  • Correct team selection again at Palace - it was important not to lose against them because that would have made it three losses on the bounce. Gave enough rest to those that needed it.
  • Changed the game plan against Atletico in the second half last night and genuinely worried Atletico, which I've not seen happen many times under Simeone. Individual errors cost us early on.

I'm confident he'd bring in the right players over the summer and retain the right ones as well. He'd sit down with the recruitment staff and consider everything they've gathered, as well as knowing who is and isn't having a positive impact on the current squad and shipping them out as a result, a la Pearson. All this "won't attract big players" stuff is rubbish. That's not what made us the team we are today.

Give the man the job.

25 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

I think he's done everything right so far.

• At the beginning, he went back to basics and got everyone motivated again, and picked up vital points including a first away win.
  • He rested players at Everton knowing what was to come against Atletico.
  • Setup correctly against Atletico away and changed it at half time noticing their dangers in midfield. Would have got a result if not for the terrible ref.
  • Correct team selection again at Palace - it was important not to lose against them because that would have made it three losses on the bounce. Gave enough rest to those that needed it.
  • Changed the game plan against Atletico in the second half last night and genuinely worried Atletico, which I've not seen happen many times under Simeone. Individual errors cost us early on.

I'm confident he'd bring in the right players over the summer and retain the right ones as well. He'd sit down with the recruitment staff and consider everything they've gathered, as well as knowing who is and isn't having a positive impact on the current squad and shipping them out as a result, a la Pearson. All this "won't attract big players" stuff is rubbish. That's not what made us the team we are today.

Give the man the job.

100% spot on.

16 hours ago, seenitall said:

Nice guy but new man needed in the summer to attract the players

Why don't you take your trolling keyboard and fvck off back the the florest or sheep slum forum where you live.

You only ever appear when things are going bad or after a defeat. You never have anything positive to say.

Last season was pure fvcking bliss without you.

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why don't you take your trolling keyboard and fvck off back the the florest or sheep slum forum where you live.

You only ever appear when things are going bad or after a defeat. You never have anything positive to say.

Let me congratulate you on finally posting something I agree 100% with...

:P

Guest CityFan 06

Under Shakespeare, it would be nice to go back to what we become known for in our signings. I think he would install a good setup like Pearson did, hopefully.

Just now, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I dont think they'll give it to Shakespeare unless we have a barnstorming end to the season which I cant see.

They'll want someone high profile.

I so hope you are wrong. Shakespeare knows which players to keep and which to sell. I'm convinced of that.

I still think Shakey is the real reason behind our success.   Look at Pearson without him....unspectacular.  Claudio found himself in the midst of something special and rode it like a goodun, thanks in a very large way to Shakey.   If we dont offer him the top job permanently someone else will.

I am struggling to find fault...tactically as well as his man management skills.

We could have a very bright future with Shakey at the helm.

3 minutes ago, evil jack said:

He has to stop beginning every sentence with "AGAIN".

Other than that, keep up the good work.

:) 

lol

I agree. It's only been 6 weeks and it's already bothering me lol

Stop starting a sentence with "Again".

18 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

It's really funny.

When CR played  three at the back 

against Chelsea and replaced in the second half

a CB (Huth) with an offensive player (Okazaki) he was

afterwards crucified for it in this forum.

CS ,however, is hailed as being brave

for doing exactly the same (Benalouane out/ Ulloa in).

That's because we limped to a 3-0 defeat, barely challenging Chelsea at all. Yesterday we scored and could've had at least two more.

Like with the earlier systems under Shakespeare, we implemented them in a far better way to give ourselves a chance. Ranieri went away from the higher pressuring style and that hindered us.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

What an odious bell end you are sir - let's have the debate after the end of the season is all I'm saying - his last four are L2 D2 and although last night was passable, putting Gray on instead of Chilwell would have made more sense but hey, you will always be happy with mediocrity as long as you can spout vile crap at anyone who doesn't agree with you - and you can do one Col as well

20 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Let's be honest if we came out at the start of the game like we did at the second half we may have stood a chance, that has to be down to management :(

Do you actually understand anything about football?

5 minutes ago, seenitall said:

What an odious bell end you are sir - let's have the debate after the end of the season is all I'm saying - his last four are L2 D2 and although last night was passable, putting Gray on instead of Chilwell would have made more sense but hey, you will always be happy with mediocrity as long as you can spout vile crap at anyone who doesn't agree with you - and you can do one Col as well

Shakespeare's last four games have seen him trying to juggle a tiring, injury stricken side who've now just about escaped relegation during a massively underwhelming and difficult season under Ranieri, He managed to set us up in a way which saw us bring a CL quarter-final tie back to our home ground and made us competitive and exciting to watch against one of the best teams in the world.

There was absolutely nothing mediocre about it. If you're actually a Leicester fan then you'd have soaked up every last drop of joy that oozed out of this club last night because it was a special atmosphere, in a special game where, quite frankly a very clever manager gave us something to remember and enjoy for the rest of our lives - DESPITE losing. 

I'm not sure what planet you live on where you think you could have done any better tbh - but if you're letting Chilwell over Gray cloud it as a mediocre performance then more fool you - I feel sorry for you.

Just now, daz*dsb said:

Shakespeare's last four games have seen him trying to juggle a tiring, injury stricken side who've now just about escaped relegation during a massively underwhelming and difficult season under Ranieri, He managed to set us up in a way which saw us bring a CL quarter-final tie back to our home ground and made us competitive and exciting to watch against one of the best teams in the world.

There was absolutely nothing mediocre about it. If you're actually a Leicester fan then you'd have soaked up every last drop of joy that oozed out of this club last night because it was a special atmosphere, in a special game where, quite frankly a very clever manager gave us something to remember and enjoy for the rest of our lives - DESPITE losing. 

I'm not sure what planet you live on where you think you could have done any better tbh - but if you're letting Chilwell over Gray cloud it as a mediocre performance then more fool you - I feel sorry for you.

Ahh that's because you believe we are a little club and buy into that twaddle - we could have won that last night and last seasons team would have - Shane about Huth and Morgan situation - it is you lot that are deluded - he ain't no messiah, the new players won't come and if he stays he'll be gone by Xmas with us in the bottom three - just my opinion and posted on a message board just like yours 

His decisions were a major reason we went out.

The negative approach in the first game gave us no chance of scoring an away goal, which in turn gave us far too much to do in the second leg.

Whilst the change in system last night was correct, it was also completely necessary and the sort of 'shit or bust' approach Pearson only adopted when we were almost certainly relegated, after his first choice of tactics had failed miserably. Similarly, with us being so timid for 1 and a half games, we had already backed ourselves into a corner we were highly unlikely to fight our way out of.

The choice to bring on Chilwell (who, considering he was a left back playing left wing, can't be criticised for his efforts) rather than Gray was bizarre to say the least and when he ended up with so much of the ball in good positions you can't help thinking what a tricky, pacey winger might have done with those opportunities. We can only dream now.

Picking Mahrez, woefully out of form, in both legs was nothing short of poor management - and his typical laziness more evidently cost us last night with his lack of defensive work for their goal.

The final straw was the indefensible decision to bring Amartey on when we were piling on the pressure, who doesn't even offer what Morgan does going forward, let alone someone like Gray. We were pretty much stopped in our tracks because of that substitution, and all hope was extinguished in that one moment. Surely I can't be the only person angered by this?

Unfortunately this thread is just another example of the majority of football fans not really grasping tactics or the basics of football in general - much like our manager.

If anything, the two games against Madrid have only cemented my feelings that Shakespeare is out of his depth at a club with ambitions of being in Europe again.

20 hours ago, seenitall said:

Nice guy but new man needed in the summer to attract the players

39 minutes ago, seenitall said:

No mention of debate more a statement. Not I don't abuse people that disagree with me. Just t1ts that claim to be fans but are her trolling after a defeat or when we are on a bad run.

26 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

This is a lot of words but all you actually mean is that we beat Sevilla at home and got a title winning team to start performing to somewhere near their level. Shakespeare didn't get us into the Champions League. He didn't get us out of the group. He didn't even get us an away goal.

We were shit for 3 quarters of the quarter final and made a game of it until he cocked things up again with another howler of a substitution.

You're talking as if he's worked an absolute miracle getting us to the quarter final of the champions league. No, we were already in the competition, he got us through one round with a good 2nd leg and got us away from the relegation zone.. That's not a miracle, this team isn't shit, it just needed a bit of motivation.

He's had a good period and has ridden the crest of a wave but for all his man management skills he clearly has failings tactically, which in the long run will only lead us to underachievement, just like Pearson at this level.

Archived