Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

I'm very critical of Mahrez but if Shakespeare dropped Riyad for the CL games and we went out, no matter how poor Riyad has been playing CS would be getting dogs abuse right now, all you can accuse CS doing really is playing it safe

16 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Unfortunately this thread is just another example of the majority of football fans not really grasping tactics or the basics of football in general - much like our manager.

Add to that Martin O'neil,Lineker,Rio and Gerrard. Seem to me it's only you and seenitall that know football.

22 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Surely Morgan was injured right? Unless you mongfaces fancied Gray at centre back?

Rumble.

X

Morgan was injured. 10 mins to go. 2 goals needed.

Should have brought Gray on for Morgan and gone with back 3 of -   Simpson---Fuchs---Chilwell 

Made no sense bringing on Amartey when we needed 2 goals. Gray may have his doubters, but he can make things happen

15 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Should have brought Gray on for Morgan and gone with back 3 of -   Simpson---Fuchs---Chilwell 

Made no sense bringing on Amartey when we needed 2 goals. Gray may have his doubters, but he can make things happen

....and there was me thinking I was alone! Do you wany some medicine, Stu hill? 

Chillwell made more sense, and had more impact than Gray would have in the system we played second half, because he was on his natural wing, and he could provide width and get crosses in. He did a good job, had several chances, and was in the right position to get the shot off which led to the goal. Gray would have had to cut inside onto his right foot from the left wing, so would have had more likely to run into the traffic of the Atletico defence. Gray could come on, but would have had to have been for Mahrez, Vardy or Albrighton if it was going to make sense.

I hope Shakey was serious in his interview yesterday when he said we should be targeting Europe next year. With the right investment and player recruitment and no extra European games next year, we can focus on the league and make a strong finish. 

I'm done with this whole 40 points/staying up mentality. We were premier league champions! We had no right to be down there and our form under Shakey shows we are still capable of competing with the best.

Hope the board backs him, because he can make things happen for us. Onwards and upwards! :scarf:

30 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

A back 3 without a single CB? Genius move, that... 

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

His decisions were a major reason we went out.

The negative approach in the first game gave us no chance of scoring an away goal, which in turn gave us far too much to do in the second leg.

Whilst the change in system last night was correct, it was also completely necessary and the sort of 'shit or bust' approach Pearson only adopted when we were almost certainly relegated, after his first choice of tactics had failed miserably. Similarly, with us being so timid for 1 and a half games, we had already backed ourselves into a corner we were highly unlikely to fight our way out of.

The choice to bring on Chilwell (who, considering he was a left back playing left wing, can't be criticised for his efforts) rather than Gray was bizarre to say the least and when he ended up with so much of the ball in good positions you can't help thinking what a tricky, pacey winger might have done with those opportunities. We can only dream now.

Picking Mahrez, woefully out of form, in both legs was nothing short of poor management - and his typical laziness more evidently cost us last night with his lack of defensive work for their goal.

The final straw was the indefensible decision to bring Amartey on when we were piling on the pressure, who doesn't even offer what Morgan does going forward, let alone someone like Gray. We were pretty much stopped in our tracks because of that substitution, and all hope was extinguished in that one moment. Surely I can't be the only person angered by this?

Unfortunately this thread is just another example of the majority of football fans not really grasping tactics or the basics of football in general - much like our manager.

If anything, the two games against Madrid have only cemented my feelings that Shakespeare is out of his depth at a club with ambitions of being in Europe again.

So much wrong with this post it's unreal. 

We couldn't go to Madrid and go gung ho to score goals, we would have been ripped apart by their counter attacking style. At half time Griezmann was having a field day and shakey noticed it and made a change to nullify that threat. Atleti are one of the best defensive teams in the world and just don't concede multiple goals at home.

Not sure how you can say the tactics in the first half last night were negative or wrong, it was the same team that ripped Sevilla to shreds at home but we were up against a much more disciplined team who were taking the sting out of the game. He then saw what was happening and changed the formation. Gray cannot defend to save his life so chilwell was the right sub and he had alot of joy attacking that left side. He can also cross a ball better than Gray can. Ulloa was also a brilliant sub as his hold up play helped us put them under even more pressue.

Mahrez may be out of form but no manager would have dropped him for a game this big as he offers too much. He ran like a man possessed and although his end product was lacking you can't say he didn't try. Gray is a great prospect but people get far too carried away with him. He can be great but he as ALOT to learn about playing in a team and needs to work on his tracking back and end product.

I do actually agree with the Amartey point as we had nothing to lose at that point so Gray should have come on as a last ditch throw of the dice.

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

A back 3 without a single CB? Genius move, that... 

When we need 2 goals with 10 minutes to go and them not attacking at all and Fuchs more than able to do the basics of a CB.... 

I guess having a CB meant we wouldn't concede anymore.. like that mattered at all in the last few minutes in a straight knockout game! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

His decisions were a major reason we went out.

The negative approach in the first game gave us no chance of scoring an away goal, which in turn gave us far too much to do in the second leg.

Whilst the change in system last night was correct, it was also completely necessary and the sort of 'shit or bust' approach Pearson only adopted when we were almost certainly relegated, after his first choice of tactics had failed miserably. Similarly, with us being so timid for 1 and a half games, we had already backed ourselves into a corner we were highly unlikely to fight our way out of.

The choice to bring on Chilwell (who, considering he was a left back playing left wing, can't be criticised for his efforts) rather than Gray was bizarre to say the least and when he ended up with so much of the ball in good positions you can't help thinking what a tricky, pacey winger might have done with those opportunities. We can only dream now.

Picking Mahrez, woefully out of form, in both legs was nothing short of poor management - and his typical laziness more evidently cost us last night with his lack of defensive work for their goal.

The final straw was the indefensible decision to bring Amartey on when we were piling on the pressure, who doesn't even offer what Morgan does going forward, let alone someone like Gray. We were pretty much stopped in our tracks because of that substitution, and all hope was extinguished in that one moment. Surely I can't be the only person angered by this?

If anything, the two games against Madrid have only cemented my feelings that Shakespeare is out of his depth at a club with ambitions of being in Europe again.

I think it's more you not grasping what we were up against.

This is a team that has knocked out Barcelona twice, Bayern Munich and Chelsea in recent years. A team who haven't conceded at home in the knockouts in 8 attempts.

Make no mistake if we'd beaten them over two legs it would've been possibly our best ever win.

Just now, seenitall said:

Or getting a point at Goodison or beating Palace - yeah......or no, 1 point from 6 is good right?

They're difficult fixtures. Do expect is to win the league again?

Let's wait until the end of the season, see how this one ends before making a definitive decision either way. Appointing him full time would still be a huge risk. Six wins in a row doesn't make him a great manager, three or four without one doesn't mean the opposite.

I do think we'll look elsewhere before naming the new permanent manager and we'd be foolish not to.

He's won five premier league matches. And lost one and drawn one when resting players.

And he's won one, drawn one and lost one champions league knock-out matches.

His subs started badly but improved massively. He's shown tactical awareness even against one of the game's best teams.

It's a bit early to judge. But it ain't bad. Concentrate on our next six. I hope he makes the grade.

Think my avatar sums up my opinion on this.  Perhaps it's my limited imagination but I can't think of anyone else more fitting for Leicester.

Then again perhaps its also my desire to cling on to Pearson's legacy - part of me fears for what might happen to the club when the last remnants of the incredible building work he did here finally dies out but perhaps that's a bit disrespectful to the owners who have shown their nous and indeed to Shakey himself who is his own man.

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Think my avatar sums up my opinion on this.  Perhaps it's my limited imagination but I can't think of anyone else more fitting for Leicester.

Then again perhaps its also my desire to cling on to Pearson's legacy - part of me fears for what might happen to the club when the last remnants of the incredible building work he did here finally dies out but perhaps that's a bit disrespectful to the owners who have shown their nous and indeed to Shakey himself who is his own man.

Thats the fear I'd have aswell and why I'm more open to the idea of Shakey becoming manager.

Archived