Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

15 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

People criticising Shakespeare clearly have delusions of grandeur over this club. Tuesday's performance was one of the most gutsy, magnificent displays I've ever seen from a Leicester side. Not to mention we were playing a team who have reached two finals of this competition in recent years. Shakespeare clearly gets the players going. 

People who want a 'big name' are the most frustrating and idiotic of football fans. 

Missed this....clubs who appoint in house coaches after a name manager always live to regret it - I'm sure there are success stories but I don't see one in the Premier League or at any of the top Championship clubs so perhaps lower Championship? League 1? Staying in the Prem is not a delusion of grandeur, it is where we belong  - players sign for managers and clubs showing ambition - we get neither of those bonuses if we appoint Craig, fine man though he is.

6 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

Because he's doing absolutely everything! Stowell coaches the goalies so shakey is doing all the coaching, the tactics, team selection plus media. He even does the pre match warm up! He needs a permanent number two if he's to get the job full time. 

Good point, he obviously loves coaching and if he gets the managers job next season a quality 

no.2 ,with dovetailing skill sets is crucial.

Any ideas?

Personally dont think the results of the next few games decide his future

Owners stand back and look at the bigger picture

Continuity is a good thing, CS clearly needs more staff behind him thats for sure, and experience for that matter

It may not be bad thing to bring in a proven DOF to add experience to media, transfers and overall football structure

However it worked under Claudio when everyone was on the same page, but this season , what evidentely transpired the coaching staff and Claudio were far from being on the same page.

That became 'THE' problem this season

Whatever happens if somebody else is brought in they need to buy in our ethos of what we are about, and our style of play, and refine it again, much like Athletico, they have seen their best players leave - Falcao, Costa but the continuity is there and so is their success. If this is the case I do hope Shakespeare will/can work closely with a new manager

42 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Missed this....clubs who appoint in house coaches after a name manager always live to regret it - I'm sure there are success stories but I don't see one in the Premier League or at any of the top Championship clubs so perhaps lower Championship? League 1? Staying in the Prem is not a delusion of grandeur, it is where we belong  - players sign for managers and clubs showing ambition - we get neither of those bonuses if we appoint Craig, fine man though he is.

Bob Paisley was quite a success story.

8 hours ago, seenitall said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't that exactly the reason you wished we'd kept Sven (and by extension continued to sign players like Beckford and Mills) rather than got Nigel (who signed players like Vardy and Mahrez)? Interesting that you still think that thought process is sound.

Players sign for clubs that want them, that are willing to pay them what they want, and that are in a stronger position than the other clubs willing to do that. It's much more important that we have a good recruitment team, than having a manager you or a player we're trying to sign has heard of.

We have found a system of play that suits this group of players. It has been shown to deliver amazing results beyond the limitations of individual players. Who else other than Shakespeare knows/appreciates the value of this and could be trusted with its continuity. Also, i like the guy. 

On 19/04/2017 at 22:30, seenitall said:

Or getting a point at Goodison or beating Palace - yeah......or no, 1 point from 6 is good right?

Anyone with a brain knows full well he was resting players for the CL games and therefore our best players didn't play.

Your precious Claudio had picked up 0 points from the 5 PL games prior, not to mention losing to Sevilla and Millwall and was taking us down.

You're obviously a troll, nob off.

10 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bob Paisley was quite a success story.

The greatest there ever was and he never had a Coaching badge. He was old school,  learned on the Job like Jock Stein and was the brains behind  Shankly before he took the reins himself. 

A truly great manager.

13 hours ago, seenitall said:

Shakespeare doesn't strike me as a guy who's too dumb to talk a good player into joining us and we've had a pretty international set-up at Leicester for a long time so, his being popular and linked to considerable success, I'd say there's a good few at the club who might put a word in too if needs be.

He also sounds as ambitious as the next guy and also like someone who'd easily work with others around him.

Add in any number of other pluses and I don't see Shaky's not "big enough," quite the contrary, He ticks lots more boxes than most who might come here, including the big ones representing our players, a lot of our fans and knowledge of the way we work best.       

20 hours ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

He changed our system from 352 during the great escape

to 442. He turned Simpson (who didn't play a single minute

in the great escape) and Drinkwater from bench sitters into

starters and Vardy and Mahrez from average PL players into

stars. He integrated Fuchs, Okazaki and Kante into our

system etc.

To insinuate, that he had no influence on our way of playing

football and only continued what Pearson had started, is just

ridiculous.

This is actually very fair indeed.

15 hours ago, foxinyourbox said:

We have found a system of play that suits this group of players. It has been shown to deliver amazing results beyond the limitations of individual players. Who else other than Shakespeare knows/appreciates the value of this and could be trusted with its continuity. Also, i like the guy. 

Agreed. Give Shakey a new contract for next season. The players seem to respect Shakey and certainly playing for him. 

On 18/04/2017 at 22:17, Foxxed said:

I still think he's the best man for the job - and possibly the only man.

Any new manager will come across Ranieri's problem: he'll try to change them, they won't change, team spirit will hit rock bottom, we'll lose matches.

Anyone who does come in will have to best use what we have - and with support of the team - slowly fill up the gaps in our play.

And is there anyone out there better than Shakespeare for that?

No I don't think there is. 

17 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Well Roy Hodgson appears to have ruled himself out 

IMG_20170421_170004.thumb.jpg.96136df37cf851a8d8a9471c747cb805.jpg

lol

Is that 'Graham' from the Jeremy Kyle show with him as well?..

Roy, there, is getting mental advice if so in trying to change his mentality in wanting to go to Leicester. :whistle:

I'm warming towards the idea ..............Just

If we can finish the season off with some decent performances I'd be surprised if they don't give it a go

My preferred option would be for him to remain as coach because coaching is a skill all on it's own.........I'm not talking tactics, I'm talking leadership skills

What I would hate, he get's the job, results don't go our way and six months later everybodies on here slagging him off....... Forgetting what he's done for us.

Calling for Pearson to return of course   :whistle:

On 4/21/2017 at 08:41, seenitall said:

In the two biggest single matches in the clubs history shakey changed tactics at half time to effectively change the course of the match.  could be argued we should have started in Madrid with five across the middle but the change was brave at 45 rather than waiting until 60.  I've seen some poor tactical choices in some of the previous games so I'll wait and see how he handles the remainder of the season but thus far he's had a pretty good audition.

Just read a good point in the Premier League thread, what will be intresting now is that we are arguably safe but not officially so not only have we got to confirm that and we have the aim to finish as high as possible but they players do not have the option to 'be on the beach' with games to go as hopefully they'll be playing their hardest to get Shakespeare the job.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just read a good point in the Premier League thread, what will be intresting now is that we are arguably safe but not officially so not only have we got to confirm that and we have the aim to finish as high as possible but they players do not have the option to 'be on the beach' with games to go as hopefully they'll be playing their hardest to get Shakespeare the job.

Still need a couple of points I think, or it might get a bit twitchy.

Archived