Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Wesley Sneijder

SNEIJDER LEAVES GALA

Holland midfielder Wesley Sneijder is a free agent after leaving Galatasaray ahead of schedule.

The 33-year-old spent three and a half years with the Turkish club after falling out with his former club Inter Milan. At the time, in January 2013, he was strongly linked with Manchester United.

A statement published on Gala's official website on Friday announced Sneijder had left the Turk Telekom Stadium, wishing him success in the rest of his career.

Rudders get on the phone and get him in ! even on a 1 year deal!

47 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Wesley Sneijder

SNEIJDER LEAVES GALA

Holland midfielder Wesley Sneijder is a free agent after leaving Galatasaray ahead of schedule.

The 33-year-old spent three and a half years with the Turkish club after falling out with his former club Inter Milan. At the time, in January 2013, he was strongly linked with Manchester United.

A statement published on Gala's official website on Friday announced Sneijder had left the Turk Telekom Stadium, wishing him success in the rest of his career.

Rudders get on the phone and get him in ! even on a 1 year deal!

All day long if we think there is room in the midfield. He would easily excel in a Leicester shirt. Great eye for a wonder goal and he can pass. But is he past it at 33? Just reminds me of the Esteban signing, could be good for us. 

8 hours ago, bizlcfc said:

All day long if we think there is room in the midfield. He would easily excel in a Leicester shirt. Great eye for a wonder goal and he can pass. But is he past it at 33? Just reminds me of the Esteban signing, could be good for us. 

I'm saying nowt...

15 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

I was calling for us to sign Ziyech this time last summer along with Gueye fro villa. Could have got him for around 8m then.

i think he would be a perfect fit for us. We just don't seem to have ever been linked to him so am assuming Shaky and Macia do not rate him. 

i was the same about Gueye from Villa too tbh but most who said we should go for him was said "Nah" since he was in a relegated Villa team that only got 17 points

i agree with you re Ziyech, think he would be a good fit for us, but i doubt we'd sign him now tbh but i guess there is always hope

19 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Crazy as it might be as a proposal, but if A. Madrid purchase Costa, what are the chances that we could borrow him until January if we are going to let Slim go as he can't play until their embargo is lifted? The outlay in itself I'm sure would be worth forking out for up to that point? Him and Vardy would be insane. Can't someone start a convincing rumour someplace to get the ball rollin?

Have you been drinking breakfast cider?

On 08/07/2017 at 12:03, pazzerfox said:

Can you not tell us who it was?

Jesus Navas, he's still waiting to sign for a club and his agent messed us around so very very unlikely to happen now

6 minutes ago, LeicesterMassive123 said:

IMG_0537.thumb.PNG.2c7c274ad35a38901fd0d8c8278ba680.PNG

Not worth £20 but good player, would take him alongside Maguire 

No way is he worth £20m. That's the shock of the window so far. He's got nothing on Maguire. Makes his fee look an absolute steal

On July 15, 2017 at 01:51, Worthington said:

On the face of it, Sneidjer, one a one year deal, might be a pretty shrewd piece of business. Would want a six figure wage no doubt, but with no fee 'up front', that wouldn't be a problem.

My concern would be his impact within the squad. Temperamental character at times, (mind you EC wasn't exactly warmly thought of by some). I'd imagine he'd be an inspiration to some of the 'kids' though, talent-wise!

Worth a punt ?? On balance...probably !   

Sniedjer's legs are gone, he will never be able to handle the Prem now. We are far beyond the need for an aging midfielder these days. 

Archived