Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Any idea why Galatasaray released him? Read up on it.

:thumbup:

Have you read up on it?  

Seems like he wants a different challenge from what I found...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721709-wesley-sneijders-contract-reportedly-terminated-by-galatasaray

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/wesley-sneijder-back-transfer-market-galatasaray-release/

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/news/sneijder-released-galatasaray-contract

Not sure your point, Col. Or was it a genuine question on why you were asking why he was released? 

56 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Have you read up on it?  

Seems like he wants a different challenge from what I found...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721709-wesley-sneijders-contract-reportedly-terminated-by-galatasaray

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/wesley-sneijder-back-transfer-market-galatasaray-release/

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/news/sneijder-released-galatasaray-contract

Not sure your point, Col. Or was it a genuine question on why you were asking why he was released? 

I'm sure he makes it clear he wants China, the MLS or, for some reason, Sampdoria?

Why do you think he'd want to come to the Premiership and why would we want to pay big wages on a 33 year old?

Not sure on the Barkley situation, but can't see him staying st Everton. Manager doesn't like him and they've got a gazillion midfielders (plus Siggy). And he won't get anywhere near the big boys. 

And Wilshere. We need a bit of creativity at  no 10 and either of these two would fit the bill

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I'm sure he makes it clear he wants China, the MLS or, for some reason, Sampdoria?

Why do you think he'd want to come to the Premiership and why would we want to pay big wages on a 33 year old?

Did you read my original post? I said I'd like him to come. This thread is called "who do you want?" I clearly said it would be awesome and a dream move, never, that I thought he would sign (in fact I closed the post with the phrase "Ah well, I'll get back to dreaming about a spectacular, creative player who wants a chance to play in the Prem.  Might happen again..." (i.e. It would be great if we made another Cambiasso-like signing)). C'mon Col, normally you are pretty detail oriented 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Did you read my original post? I said I'd like him to come. This thread is called "who do you want?" I clearly said it would be awesome and a dream move, never, that I thought he would sign (in fact I closed the post with the phrase "Ah well, I'll get back to dreaming about a spectacular, creative player who wants a chance to play in the Prem.  Might happen again..." (i.e. It would be great if we made another Cambiasso-like signing)). C'mon Col, normally you are pretty detail oriented 

My bad mate. Ive Just read it back...

At the beginning of the off-season I wanted 2 prem level CBs, a starting prem level RB and a big upgrade at no.10.

Maguire and Iheanacho fill 2 of those needs. I'd like another top CB like Smalling or Gibson so that Huth is challenged and Morgan becomes a back up club captain. We desperately need an RB to challenge Danny Simpson. It seems that Shakey is happy with Amartey as back-up RB. I like Amartey a lot but I think RB is not hie best position. Midfield and CB are better. RB really worries me unless we're going 3-5-2 which I'd be happy with (but we all know it's 4-4-2). Iborra is a nice back-up and after letting Zieler go we needed a no.2 GK because as nice a guy as Ben is, he's not a top Prem back-up.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

At the beginning of the off-season I wanted 2 prem level CBs, a starting prem level RB and a big upgrade at no.10.

Maguire and Iheanacho fill 2 of those needs. I'd like another top CB like Smalling or Gibson so that Huth is challenged and Morgan becomes a back up club captain. We desperately need an RB to challenge Danny Simpson. It seems that Shakey is happy with Amartey as back-up RB. I like Amartey a lot but I think RB is not hie best position. Midfield and CB are better. RB really worries me unless we're going 3-5-2 which I'd be happy with (but we all know it's 4-4-2). Iborra is a nice back-up and after letting Zieler go we needed a no.2 GK because as nice a guy as Ben is, he's not a top Prem back-up.

We've just signed Jakupovic from Hull as a back up keeper.

We need a bit more creativity in midfield.

Feel dirty admitting this but I'd take Gaston Ramirez now if no one else comes in.

#desperate.

31 minutes ago, FIF said:

If Mahrez goes we may need some creativity but I'm on the Gray bandwagon.

Read into it what you will but with Gray being handed no 7, I expect that is a sign of reassurance for more minute no?

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Feel dirty admitting this but I'd take Gaston Ramirez now if no one else comes in.

#desperate.

so would i .

prem experience , 10 million , still only 26 , worth a gamble i say .   

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

#desperate

Can't see us signing another CM and can't see us signing a CAM if we're signing Iheanacho.

Another creative winger would be useful though.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I wonder if he'd get on well with Vardy?

not really fussed about that. those were different times and nasri was in a different team. its just the heat of the moment. i remeber when coquelin  pushed riyad when he got subbed off but later they met in the train and worked it out

from a metro article: 

"Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin revealed his pick for player of the year this season.

The 24-year-old has revealed that he’s chosen Leicester City forward Riyad Mahrez for the PFA award, after the Algerian scored 16 goals and ten assists in 30 Premier League games.

This is even despite the France international having an altercation with the winger earlier in the season, reports the Evening Standard.

‘I voted for Riyad Mahrez, even if I had that little put with him when we played them,’ said Coquelin.

‘It’s funny actually because I met him on the train the other day when he was heading to international duty and he was saying ‘why did you push me off the pitch?’ But we were both laughing about it.

‘To be honest though he’s having a great season, so I chose him.’"

If we play 3-5-2 what's wrong with Albrighton as the RWB, he did a great job in the great escape season, plus if gray has more minutes what's wrong with converting him to a RB with Gray in front, more attack minded with the CDM covering when required. 

Archived