Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray willing to play waiting game to become regular Leicester City starter

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a complete myth that he's got a poor attitude, the reality is he absolutely loves playing football and is so eager to make a name for himself. I think we'll see him mature next season when he's given Riyad's gig full time.

The problem is that when he is sitting on the bench he most often has a face that looks   like a slapped arse. People take that as having a poor attitude. Personally im delighted we have players sitting on the bench who are desperate to play. It means when they do they will most often give it their all.

4 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Hopefully next season we have Riyad, Gray, Albrighton and Lawrence to pick from on the wings. But in the event we lose one of them it would be nice to have an athletic speed merchant like Schluup or Dyer to give us that extra option to stretch defences and reach the byline.

Why. When do our wingers reach the byline. We play them on the wrong side so they hav to cut in. They never even swap over.

swapping over would be a great move with slim or Ulloa on. Out swinging crosses would be so much better for them than in swingers.

Imo I'd like to see him at CF, competing for Vardy's spot. He's played there for England, so the transition shouldn't be that difficult. Sign a new number 10 to partner Vardy & an Okazaki/Gray partnership could be solid back up.

Just going to be honest.. He hasn't shown any of the qualities required to play regularly in our system, on the wing or at number 10. He's a liability defensively and going forward. Defensively he's inconsistent with his tracking back and loses concentration. Going forward he's selfish and lacks end product. It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Lawrence shows in the summer he's a better fit in our system on the wing.

I don't see any harm trying Gray out at CF.

54 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Imo I'd like to see him at CF, competing for Vardy's spot. He's played there for England, so the transition shouldn't be that difficult. Sign a new number 10 to partner Vardy & an Okazaki/Gray partnership could be solid back up.

Just going to be honest.. He hasn't shown any of the qualities required to play regularly in our system, on the wing or at number 10. He's a liability defensively and going forward. Defensively he's inconsistent with his tracking back and loses concentration. Going forward he's selfish and lacks end product. It wouldn't surprise me if Tom Lawrence shows in the summer he's a better fit in our system on the wing.

I don't see any harm trying Gray out at CF.

Play someone who can't shoot and has no end product at CF?

Why is there such a hype for Gray? He's a decent player, but he isn't amazing either. His crossing is terrible, he's sometimes selfish with the ball opting to shoot rather than pass, ect. 

The only thing I like with Gray is his pace.

3 hours ago, Redouane said:

Why is there such a hype for Gray? He's a decent player, but he isn't amazing either. His crossing is terrible, he's sometimes selfish with the ball opting to shoot rather than pass, ect. 

The only thing I like with Gray is his pace.

His final ball is erratic. He has delivered some great crosses as well as some desperately poor ones. Same with his shots and passes.

He does have decent technique though and has the ability to go past players. If coached correctly he can become a good player in time.

Don't underestimate pace either. It's a primary attribute for an offensive player. If you haven't got it, you are naturally limited.

That said, if Mahrez and Albrighton are performing then few would pay much attention to Gray. But when they aren't, Gray gets hyped up as the best alternative.

It happens frequently on FT whenever any given player does not perform according to expectations.

1 hour ago, shen said:

His final ball is erratic. He has delivered some great crosses as well as some desperately poor ones. Same with his shots and passes.

He does have decent technique though and has the ability to go past players. If coached correctly he can become a good player in time.

Don't underestimate pace either. It's a primary attribute for an offensive player. If you haven't got it, you are naturally limited.

That said, if Mahrez and Albrighton are performing then few would pay much attention to Gray. But when they aren't, Gray gets hyped up as the best alternative.

It happens frequently on FT whenever any given player does not perform according to expectations.

Well alot on here were wanting Leo to start because Shinji is underperforming lately and Slimani is unfit, but we've seen how it went with him on the pitch. Barely any impact yesterday.

So the morale of the story, if a player is underperforming don't bring in someone worse ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If his attitude is to bitch and whine when ever he doesn't start them bin him off, he is a good prospect yes but he is no where near a starter for us 

If he can't see that he needs to sit down and look at Albrightons performance today and learn

Either shut up and get good or **** off because I can't be doing with this shit attitude

• 3 weeks later...

Urghh, surely we wouldn't sell him for that little. Though if he's rated as poorly by the club as he is by the fans then that's probably about right.

I have no doubt he'd get more game time with Liverpool than with us. Klopp actually tries to bring through young players.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Urghh, surely we wouldn't sell him for that little. Though if he's rated as poorly by the club as he is by the fans then that's probably about right.

I have no doubt he'd get more game time with Liverpool than with us. Klopp actually tries to bring through young players.

we got him cheap at 3M from b'ham

I can't see us allowing two contracted players in Mahrez and Gray to leave in the same window. Remember we don't have to sell either of them, but if RM leaves then the possibilities for DG to claim his desired first 11 place increases. He needs to knuckle down and train on, stop listening to the 'hangers on' and become the best he can as an actual football player. 

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

He's not had a choice, their squad depth is appalling - how many of their young players have actually broken through under Klopp in the season and a half he's been there? 0?

Why are people making up stories over DG, sourced from pathetic corners.

Then trying to make up he has an attitude problem.Then write posts as they know him...!!!

FFS grow up, and stop trolling......

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Why are people making up stories over DG, sourced from pathetic corners.

Then trying to make up he has an attitude problem.Then write posts as they know him...!!!

FFS grow up, and stop trolling......

Not just DG people on here pass of there own thoughts as fact on every player. You only have to read all the Kasper is only going to one club bollox.

So these people think if manure don't come in for him he would turn Juve Barca or Real down lollollol 

Archived