Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HoustonFox

West Brom Pre Match Thread

We've nothing to lose really, boom or bust. Go all out to win the game and we may get a draw at worse.

No time to be conservative, 3 more points and we are safe no matter what.

Attack, Attack and more Attack please! Let's use pace and run at them donkeys!!!!

Kasper

Simpson

Benny

Huth

Fuchs

Ndidi

King

Musa

Mahrez

Gray

Vardy

Subs: Zieler, Chilwell, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Amartey, Okazaki, Ulloa.

46 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Need to put Arsenal behind me. Livid.

Gray, Shinji and King have to start. Rest / drop Albrighton (rest) , Ulloa (drop) and Drinky (drop). 

Pace on wings. We looked so slow today. 

King can crab around more than Drinky and is more mobile. Even fancy him for a goal. 

3 points a must on Saturday 

As soon as you put Andy King in the starting line up I stopped reading. The guy is Championship at best.

39 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Or let's go 433

Schmeichel

Simpson (if not suspended)

Huth 

Benny

Fuchs

Ndidi

King

Albrighton

Gray

Vardy

Mahrez

Andy is this you? Convinced it must be because ain't no one else bar your mum maybe that would put you in the starting XI

20 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Attack, Attack and more Attack please! Let's use pace and run at them donkeys!!!!

Kasper

Simpson

Benny

Huth

Fuchs

Ndidi

King

Musa

Mahrez

Gray

Vardy

Subs: Zieler, Chilwell, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Amartey, Okazaki, Ulloa.

This has to be Kings mum? No?

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Let's have a real go now in the last few games

hit teams with our pace

cant be scared anymore 

Treat em all as cup finals.

One win and we're safe, that simple.

Have to just go for it.

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

As soon as you put Andy King in the starting line up I stopped reading. The guy is Championship at best.

He was 3rd choice when we were in the championship !!!

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

As soon as you said "xxxx I stopped reading" I stopped reading.  Are you Danny Drinkwater? You seem to be very put out that people are suggesting dropping him for King... 

Don't agree with the calls for Gray to start personally. Against a robust & hard to beat West Brom defence, we are going to need some end product and a quality final ball to get through them.

Only Albrighton & Mahrez are capable of unlocking their defence. We have to give them both the benefit of the doubt imo. Gray isn't going to have any space to dribble past 10 defenders and get a shot off.

I am concerned about Ndidi's physical state.  I have just assumed such youth is indestructible, but he looked wiped today after a week's rest.  Can he go a full, quality 90 in three days?

7 hours ago, tickler28 said:

This has to be Kings mum? No?

Just looking at the fact that Drinky is carrying this knock and we are limited with back up. King the best we have in reserve at this moment. Sad but true. Drinky needs to get the season over and get it sorted.

Pulis has already watched the Athletico Madrid for the tenth time this week.

I have a feeling that's going to be his tactic, sit back and defend and let us have possession. 

Now that would suit the second half back 3 we used in that AM 2nd Leg, but I learnt my lesson earlier in the season with suggesting formation and player positions. 

So, same team as last night, yes, even keeping Ulloa on, his height against the WBA defenders will help. 

It would seem somebody's dug out Cambiasso's Excel spreadsheet from 2014, we clearly had the Arsenal game down as a draw, so surely we must have this one down as a win?

I reckon last nights team, with Gray taking a bigger part in the game, will just scrape through this one. 

Archived