Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Crazy how Mahrez sulked the whole of last season, started almost every game and people didn't have an issue. 

People did have an issue, and there were plenty on here i read who wanted him to have a run. I was shouting for him to comer on for RM on many a game after 50/60 mins of ineffective wandering about for Mahrez. I hope he gets a good crack at it this season, but there is a part of me thinks he's the typical young 'star player' of today, the Stirling type, too full of themselves and unwilling to work their socks off to achieve their max, too rich too soon, life is all too easy. Hope to hell he proves me wrong. 

Does anyone actually know that he sulks and has a bad attitude or is everyone just assuming because he's a young footballer on big wages that posts a lot on Instagram?

From what I've seen/heard he works hard to improve his game and is just disappointed he isn't getting as much game time as he would like. Cut the Gray bullshit, we have a cracking young English player here who gets more criticism and moaning than praise, for no apparent reason

Gray wont be going anywhere this Summer, He's got a big future if he keeps his head down. But Would you take the risk to rely solely on him to replace Mahrez? or get someone else in and risk having his head turned..

17 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Does anyone actually know that he sulks and has a bad attitude or is everyone just assuming because he's a young footballer on big wages that posts a lot on Instagram?

From what I've seen/heard he works hard to improve his game and is just disappointed he isn't getting as much game time as he would like. Cut the Gray bullshit, we have a cracking young English player here who gets more criticism and moaning than praise, for no apparent reason

it's been brought up by ITK's previously

20 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

it's been brought up by ITK's previously

It's also been brought up by suppose 'ITK's' that preki would be our new manager, Morgan and Vardy hate each other and that Nigel Pearson once head butted Chris Wood. I'll leave that info for now I think

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

It's also been brought up by suppose 'ITK's' that preki would be our new manager, Morgan and Vardy hate each other and that Nigel Pearson once head butted Chris Wood. I'll leave that info for now I think

just telling you where it's come from and no, those examples aren't remotely the same

34 minutes ago, DannyN83 said:

Gray wont be going anywhere this Summer, He's got a big future if he keeps his head down. But Would you take the risk to rely solely on him to replace Mahrez? or get someone else in and risk having his head turned..

I've been wondering about this. I personally want to give Demarai a chance to play week in and out to see if he can produce the goods. But if he can't, can we rely on Barnes and Lawrence as backup? But buy an established player and they'll want to play every week. And Albrighton isn't getting dropped anytime soon. Tricky one.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Mahrez pulled a lot of "mardy" expressions and flailed his arms in a similar manner too last season, but it could just be how he is, didn't notice it the year before, to be fair we were battering everyone lol

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

When he deserves praise I'm sure he'll get it.  As has already happened on fairly rare occasions. 

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

When he deserves praise I'm sure he'll get it.  As has already happened on fairly rare occasions. 

Didn't say he hasn't got praise, all im saying is that there is a lot of fairly pointless whinging towards him

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-spurs-target-demarai-gray-10749790

No quotes from Gray I notice but if there is any substance to this I do wish Gray would get on with improving his football instead of allowing the impression to be given that he's trying to influence or put pressure on our manager. 

It's not the way forward for him. . 

5 hours ago, Thracian said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-spurs-target-demarai-gray-10749790

No quotes from Gray I notice but if there is any substance to this I do wish Gray would get on with improving his football instead of allowing the impression to be given that he's trying to influence or put pressure on our manager. 

It's not the way forward for him. . 

Wants game time and thinks that is more likely at Liverpool or Spurs?

On 2017-7-4 at 15:34, TJB-fox said:

What has knowing and assumption got to do with anything? We've all seen him play. Everything he does on the pitch is evidence (for or against) the stance that he has an attitude and we are all free to comment on that. Who says he doesn't and who says he does?

Mahrez gets barrages of abuse for many others perceive to be a naturally languid style, but apparently half our fans just KNOW that Mahrez doesn't care. Somehow I disagree. Lots of people think Ronaldo is a self involved cvnt. Who is right, them or his teammates that love him? Or is it actually not as black and white as that?

I like Gray, I think he needs more time on the pitch and I would be disappointed if he left because he's got so much potential. But I also think his behaviour on the pitch is questionable at times.

I was sat on the second row at Everton away and his reaction to not getting the ball on one particular occasion where he wasn't in a particularly good position was ott. We've all played football and we've all been frustrated and not being given the ball, but for me it comes across as an attitude that needs work on it.

6 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

What has knowing and assumption got to do with anything? We've all seen him play. Everything he does on the pitch is evidence (for or against) the stance that he has an attitude and we are all free to comment on that. Who says he doesn't and who says he does?

Mahrez gets barrages of abuse for many others perceive to be a naturally languid style, but apparently half our fans just KNOW that Mahrez doesn't care. Somehow I disagree. Lots of people think Ronaldo is a self involved cvnt. Who is right, them or his teammates that love him? Or is it actually not as black and white as that?

I like Gray, I think he needs more time on the pitch and I would be disappointed if he left because he's got so much potential. But I also think his behaviour on the pitch is questionable at times.

I was sat on the second row at Everton away and his reaction to not getting the ball on one particular occasion where he wasn't in a particularly good position was ott. We've all played football and we've all been frustrated and not being given the ball, but for me it comes across as an attitude that needs work on it.

Again you're missing the point, I'm not saying Gray should be immune to all criticism and that he doesn't moan at all, because he does I've seen him. BUT, personally I have no problem with him throwing a little moan every now and then, it's not like he does it regularly, the issue I'm raising is that the flack he gets is absolutely ridiculous and it's like certain people look for the smallest reaction or problem in gray to then go and ahead and state that his attitude is horrific 

Yeah like a charity shop jigsaw puzzle this is all coming together now,

I can understand Gray being pissed if Mahrez was getting picked when he wasn't commited or even couldn't be bothered.

HOWEVER - i don't like this whole, "I need guarantees of first team football" - we guaranteed Riyad first team football for another season before a move and that's only damaged us, him and the club as a whole - and it feeds into the wrong attitudes being bred.

What I would say to Gray is, (if he stays) Mahrez won't be getting preferental selection over you anymore, it will be a fair contest to see who in training is going to get picked (and the way Riyad has been it will be a no contest surely with Gray being easily picked)

There are ways to do things - and i can see faults on both sides here, the club and Gray himself and how he's going about things.

On a personal level to him, he desperatly need to get less selfish as a player and make better decisions, Gray is weak there without a doubt, i got so fed up of him cutting in and blazing a shot wide last season when he did feature that it was really offputting, he needs to get his decision making better, he's got the tools but you've got to use them properly - Riyad's best season came when he was setting up Vardy for a 1/3 of the season, scoring for a 1/3 of the season - and being generally a tad less selfish than he had been for the rest.

I do wonder if some of our English lads haven't helped this either, all ties in to the Riyad mess :whistle:

Archived