Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

He probably just wants to know whether he's actually gonna get a fair chance this season. But obviously demanding first team football is a sexier headline isn't it 

And I suppose the manager's going to answer: "Sure, you'll get a fair chance. We'll play you through August til the end of October no matter how well you do and how anyone else is performing.

"This is in the interests of fairness to you and, yes, I'll forget about fairness to anyone else because I well understand that you're young and have a career to build whatever happens to Leicester City, my own job, that of my staff and the respect we get from other players. Call it a social service and don't say a word to anyone - not even if you get dropped on November 1 (shit what have I let myself in for!)."   

How I wish the lad would just get on with communicating through his football on the training ground.    

I love how the papers are reporting there's no release clause which means that Liverpool or Spurs can now get him cheaper. Why's that then? Release clauses mean a team is powerless to not sell if it's met, if there is no clause then the buying club have zero power. Prats.

Gray is typical of the millennial generation of which I am a part (and I am generalising) There is a backwards upside down attitude to life where you reap what you sow before you sow it. There seems to be a disconnect between hard work and dedication and reward, an entitlement, and if I don't get it well toys will be thrown and protests made. Gray should realise that just because he's a young gifted footballer with a promising career that promise means nothing without hard work, patience and a willingness to carve his own destiny and truly earn the right to a regular position in the first 11. From what I've seen he hasn't properly earned this right just yet and has been given no less opportunity to do so than any other player looking to break into the starting line up.

Elsewhere on Merseyside, Liverpool are showing an interest in exciting young Leicester City winger Demarai Gray. If their historic pursuit of Dele Alli is any guide, expect them to prepare a bid well under the asking price, dither over the extra 17p that would seal the deal, then watch in impotent horror as Tottenham Hotspur make off with the quarry.

Nothing to worry about then.

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

What has Gray actually said?  I cant see the link on my old phone.  Can someone copy and paste the quotations for me?

X

Just journalists story tellers writing on his behalf or without his knowledge, you've probably already guessed that though....

12 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Again you're missing the point, I'm not saying Gray should be immune to all criticism and that he doesn't moan at all, because he does I've seen him. BUT, personally I have no problem with him throwing a little moan every now and then, it's not like he does it regularly, the issue I'm raising is that the flack he gets is absolutely ridiculous and it's like certain people look for the smallest reaction or problem in gray to then go and ahead and state that his attitude is horrific 

Fair enough.

I think the attitude Riyad gets for his demeanour is worse/more unjustified than what Demmy gets for his, but I would say they both get slated too much and likewise I think seeing some frustration is not necessarily a bad thing so long as it is not too persistent.

2 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Gray is typical of the millennial generation of which I am a part (and I am generalising) There is a backwards upside down attitude to life where you reap what you sow before you sow it. There seems to be a disconnect between hard work and dedication and reward, an entitlement, and if I don't get it well toys will be thrown and protests made. Gray should realise that just because he's a young gifted footballer with a promising career that promise means nothing without hard work, patience and a willingness to carve his own destiny and truly earn the right to a regular position in the first 11. From what I've seen he hasn't properly earned this right just yet and has been given no less opportunity to do so than any other player looking to break into the starting line up.

As another millenial, spare me this bullshit.

The world is not a meritocracy and in the United States, my wages have been stagnant for 30 years, my healthcare costs are higher, and my university education has quadrupled in price since my birth day. There aren't even really expectations of pensions being around when I age due to the fact that the *entitled* post-WWII generation has been sucking up all the funds while pissing on my generation with nonsense like this. The same generation who created participation trophies, refuse to pay enough taxes to fund pensions, don't believe in global warming, and try to tell me that I can work summers to pay for university. 

We have more degrees, pay more for our education out of pocket, work longer hours and have less chance of retiring than our parents did. This idea of "entitlement" is complete nonsense.

he is another who can leave a.s.a.p. there was heaps of times last year he came on when the opposition was tired and he had heaps of room to run at players yet he came back inside and lost the ball, i think he thicks he is better than what he really is, we can get better with his transfer fee, dont let the door hit u on the way out mr gray.

2 hours ago, psychonaut said:

lollollollol

1 minute ago, bpfox said:

he is another who can leave a.s.a.p. there was heaps of times last year he came on when the opposition was tired and he had heaps of room to run at players yet he came back inside and lost the ball, i think he thicks he is better than what he really is, we can get better with his transfer fee, dont let the door hit u on the way out mr gray.

I think he tried too hard, opportunities were limited so when he had chances he tried to do too much.

When Riyad was fannying about but getting picked week in week out, Demarai was quite righly pissed off.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think he tried too hard, opportunities were limited so when he had chances he tried to do too much.

When Riyad was fannying about but getting picked week in week out, Demarai was quite righly pissed off.

a fair assessment but when u want to be a starting player u got to grab it by the horns not be a lamb and not show ur pace and drive he was very poor in both these aspects.

So if we lose Gray, we lose Mahrez, we lose Kaputska...where does that leave us really with wing play apart from albrighton.

10 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

As another millenial, spare me this bullshit.

The world is not a meritocracy and in the United States, my wages have been stagnant for 30 years, my healthcare costs are higher, and my university education has quadrupled in price since my birth day. There aren't even really expectations of pensions being around when I age due to the fact that the *entitled* post-WWII generation has been sucking up all the funds while pissing on my generation with nonsense like this. The same generation who created participation trophies, refuse to pay enough taxes to fund pensions, don't believe in global warming, and try to tell me that I can work summers to pay for university. 

We have more degrees, pay more for our education out of pocket, work longer hours and have less chance of retiring than our parents did. This idea of "entitlement" is complete nonsense.

lol your post validates mine - it reeks of entitlement and a sour victim mentality! I was talking about an attitude not the objective state of the world but as is always the case you jump to the default millennial response. Victim. You have no idea of the level of poverty post war, especially in the UK, comparative to today the materialistic quality of life would equate to some of the most poverty stricken areas in the world. You probably see what they have now and you're envious, you are picking out all the negative things wrong with the current state of affairs to affirm and validate your hard done by perspective. Just what would have you done if you were a part of the previous generation? You speak like it's their fault, have some grand agenda and don't give a fvck. This is off topic now - I was merely associating an attitude gray appears to have with what I've witnessed many times in his and my generation.

Just now, psychonaut said:

lol your post validates mine - it reeks of entitlement and a sour victim mentality! I was talking about an attitude not the objective state of the world but as is always the case you jump to the default millennial response. Victim. You have no idea of the level of poverty post war, especially in the UK, comparative to today the materialistic quality of life would equate to some of the most poverty stricken areas in the world. You probably see what they have now and you're envious, you are picking out all the negative things wrong with the current state of affairs to affirm and validate your hard done by perspective. Just what would have you done if you were a part of the previous generation? You speak like it's their fault, have some grand agenda and don't give a fvck. This is off topic now - I was merely associating an attitude gray appears to have with what I've witnessed many times in his and my generation.

Victim blaming is also something the post-WWII generation around here does exceptionally well, whilst whinging on about the fact that the world is "too politically correct" and voting for windbags like Donald Trump. Surely the story in the UK is different, but your argument is awfully similar.

Apparently pointing out the very real flaws in a society is 'entitlement' now. You equate that to an 'attitude' - see, it's a funny thing. If we were so 'entitled' as you say, why would we be earning more and higher degrees, working longer hours for less money, and paying more adjusted for inflation for everything from housing to healthcare?

Say what you will about Gray but slandering your whole generation with nonsensical meritocratic talk when your lot in the UK as a millennial, comparatively speaking, is markedly better.

Get some work done!

Having pandered to Mahrez all season, when he could not be arsed while planning his escape plot, I see Ranieri's not playing Gray as a big mistake.

What sort of message does it send out to ALL squad members that he plays whatever. That's got to be terrible for morale.

Then for Shakey to carry on with that, after safety was assured was plain dumb.

23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Was just going to say this myself and now it's come from the horses gob. We will just tell anyone interested in Gray to **** off and tell Gray his future is here with first team football. It makes me laugh he can't get in our team yet but thinks he'd walk into Liverpool, Everton or Spurs team?? If he moved to one of those he would play less. Mahrez will go be it now or at the end of August, and Gray will replace him.

Archived