Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Gray - considering future

11 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

The Foxes have offered Demarai Gray additional playing time to fend off interest in the England Under-21 international from Tottenham.(Independent)

So we were deliberately under playing him last season so we could make this offer in the close season ????

shakey surely can't make promises like this without knowing that Riyad is definitely leaving. And if he is then more playing time isn't much of a surprise.........

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So we were deliberately under playing him last season so we could make this offer in the close season ????

shakey surely can't make promises like this without knowing that Riyad is definitely leaving. And if he is then more playing time isn't much of a surprise.........

He didn't promise him anything looking at the

quotes.

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bournemouth suddenly appearing behind Everton on skybet ????

Howe likes him, tried to sign him the season they got promoted.

On 12/07/2017 at 07:46, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Haha, yeah - ''hopefully he can get more game time''

'Demarai, we would really love to get you on the pitch more.  We are definitely considering it and it is certainly an option'

But you need to learn how to pass first.

5 hours ago, Albert said:

Not going anywhere 

As shakey has already said

im more interested in whether there are any plans to offer him a new deal (but that's information well out of our reach). I think the more players he sees coming in on a big salary doesn't sit well with him (and his advisors). I wonder what his contemporaries in the England U21's are earning ??  Not justifying players of his age being paid too much but the market .............

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone think there is any chance that we would allow gray to go out on loan to another PL club (Bournemouth)??

cant see it myself but his odds to stay are almost evens on skybet - very tempting. 

No.

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Whatever happens with Gray I can see this being our big problem area when Mahrez leaves.    

Agreed, I'm more concerned about our RW position now than I am centre back, centre mid or centre forward. We need someone creative on the wing to replace him.

This is contract extension has to happen even if he does leave in this window or next 12 months. Given he's attracting interest or that he's got a big important season coming up this contract will ensure we get a decent fee for him. 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

All contracts now have them 

After NG, the owners are doing everything they can to avoid them. I don't think any players we have signed (or renewed their contracts) since we sold NG have had a simple release clause inserted. (in case of relegation excepted)

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

All contracts now have them 

Don't think there's one on Mahrez's contract.....he'd be gone by now if there was a release clause, master stroke by Rudkin (it hurts to say that).

Gray just turned 21. It seems to me that the club has a wage cap on players under 21, probably about 25k or so which is what Chilly and Wilf are on, I'd expect them to get improved contracts next year once they hit 21. Exception made for Nacho as it probably was needed to tempt him here.

Archived