Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

4 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Yup.

The blame should be more on Vardy and Slim for some shocking finishing.

Riyad got plenty of assists in the season before because Vardy was clinical.

Mahrez took a lot of unfair criticism but let's not kid ourselves.

He only passed to Vardy 2/3 times in about 6 games ffs

So 3 then not that many.

Ok now add the times where Mahrez just ran into the opposition or lost possession trying to be flamboyant when the easy pass is right in front of him.

Im a big fan of Riyads and kept my criticism of him polite or to myself, but now it seems he's had two decent performances and all the negatives are forgotten.

Last season was the time he needed to adapt, he didn't.

I genuinely believe this season he will.

And all strikers miss chances every game, even the greats.

Did Riyad not miss 3 penalties?

42 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Yup.

The blame should be more on Vardy and Slim for some shocking finishing.

Riyad got plenty of assists in the season before because Vardy was clinical.

Vardy had a higher conversion rate last season than the prior year.

Random French journalist on Twitter (translated). 

Rablat Cedric:

Info Mercato: AS Roma is not returned to the charge for Mac. The player wants to move to Arsenal. Not the 1st choice of the Gunners. 

4 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

Rablat Cedric:

Info Mercato: AS Roma is not returned to the charge for Mac. The player wants to move to Arsenal. Not the 1st choice of the Gunners. 

Mahrez and his agent should give up on arsenal .... they have used him

Roma is no use to him. He needs to get his form back... 

My mate found it hard it get a girl after his "poor performance"with the last one....

20 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

Rablat Cedric:

Return of the Mac

Guest Mee-9

I wish we'd just sell him now.

He clearly doesn't want to be here, we bought him for pennies so whatever we sell him for we'll be making profit. 

Get rid and get someone else in. Yes he has been amazing for us, but we need to move forward if he isn't going to be staying. 

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

He clearly doesn't want to be here, we bought him for pennies so whatever we sell him for we'll be making profit. 

Get rid and get someone else in. Yes he has been amazing for us, but we need to move forward if he isn't going to be staying. 

Only for the right price though. If not and I've been a big critic of his, his performances of late seem a little more like the old Marhez. Even though he may be putting it in for a move, I  don't care about the motive. If he stays we'll probably see more of the same from him for the same reasons, either way we're a winner. If he doesn't perform then drop him, Shakespeare needs to be harder on him this year if he stays. 

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I think that's more you who doesn't want him here because you're fed up with reading this thread, in fact, if this thread did not exist, the lives of about 100 Leicester fans would be much better. Mahrez has come out with one statement and played as normal in a couple of games, bring back the good old days of teletext is what I say.

16 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

We surly are too reliant on a player that you want gone! The team couldn't move the ball and keep position against a league 1 team without him!

So I guess we have a new player with the number 26, because all I saw is a professional who when called for stepped up and saved the day!

I've just been involved in another ill-advised spat with an Arsenal fan on twitter who is convinced we'll cave in and sell Mahrez to them cheaply. Please God make the club stick to the £50m price, if only to shut them up. They are unbearable. 

As we approach 200, it probably is time now to rattle that lock on this thread. As pointed out it can then be opened once we receive a sensible bid.

2 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

Please, name or show the many of possible assists that Vardy or slim messed up from mahrez?

1.25 Slimani

1.35 Vardy

2.03 Vardy

4.47 Vardy

5.03 Slimani

5.30 Ulloa

5.45 Vardy

5.54 Drinkwater

6.50 Slimani

7.55 Vardy

8.06 Okazaki

10.00 Drinkwater

10.22 Okazaki

10.27 Slimani

Other than the 10.22 Okazaki these are CLEAR CUT chances we should be burying. In the title winning season for whatever reasons we would have done. It's not Riyads fault.

This is without even taking into account us not playing to his strengths at all last season and just hoofing the ****ing ball.

Anyway, point proven I think.

6 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

1.25 Slimani

1.35 Vardy

2.03 Vardy

4.47 Vardy

5.03 Slimani

5.30 Ulloa

5.45 Vardy

5.54 Drinkwater

6.50 Slimani

7.55 Vardy

8.06 Okazaki

10.00 Drinkwater

10.22 Okazaki

10.27 Slimani

Other than the 10.22 Okazaki these are CLEAR CUT chances we should be burying. In the title winning season for whatever reasons we would have done. It's not Riyads fault.

This is without even taking into account us not playing to his strengths at all last season and just hoofing the ****ing ball.

Anyway, point proven I think.

I havent got time to watch these right now. Got to the first "clear cut chance" for Slimani. Its a clear cut example of Mahrez passing too late, you can see Slim gasping for the ball for ages before he gets it. If the rest are so "clear cut".....

4 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I havent got time to watch these right now. Got to the first "clear cut chance" for Slimani. Its a clear cut example of Mahrez passing too late, you can see Slim gasping for the ball for ages before he gets it. If the rest are so "clear cut".....

****ing hell are you serious? Slim has time and space of 10 yards in every direction when he receives the ball.

He wanted it earlier but there was a good chance the player alongside Mahrez would have intercepted it at that point.

Archived