Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wenger will bid on him the week before we play them, he's a shit bag and will just want to disrupt us before that game.

Yeah he will. I reckon if we play Musa at left back rather than left wing, his shots will come from 30 yards further back and might stay lower than the bar then.

15 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Has he now? Not seen that. If true, may a few days earlier might be prudent?

Hi,

Apologies late reply.  Have been trying to trace the news.  This came v late on 23rd July via a Newsnow item.  I thought I'd also seen a statement by Top which asserted this, as well as our sticking to our price, but maybe it just contained the latter.  I will keep looking to find Top's statement.  It's time-consuming trying to scour the Newsnow site, but I will try.

I accept that the quote below is only paper talk, so no guarantee unless I find Top saying it.

"
According to Il Messaggero, Leicester City have warned both clubs interested in Mahrez. If they want to sign the talented winger they’d better match the player’s price-tag before the 11th of August, which is when the Premier League begins.

"

Another quote on Newsnow, just 12 hours later, added the justification that we can't be kept in uncertainty for too long during the preseason.

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

NO WAY 

till  he wants 300k and downs tools again ! 

He is only playing well at the moment to try tempt a big fish to hook him 

wouldn't trust him him to look after my lawn to be honest 

How did you manage to write so much bull in such a short post?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Wenger will bid on him the week before we play them, he's a shit bag and will just want to disrupt us before that game.

Said exactly the same thing to my lad the other day, he's a crafty old vinegar face!

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I suspect what happened is that when Mahrez signed the new contract there was an unofficial agreement between him and the club that if he wanted to leave this summer and a decent offer came in, the club would not stand in his way. However I also strongly suspect that exactly what constitutes a 'decent offer' was never agreed on. So now we have a situation in which Roma, etc are offering to pay what Mahrez believes to be decent offer but which the club definitely does not. It could drag on for some time to come.

The problem with verbal agreements are they aren't worth the paper they haven't been written on.

Keep seeing people in here and our fan pages saying Mahrez was largely shit (etc) last season but.

He created 17 less chances than our title winning Season is that really shit? Is it his fault people didnt get on the end of them? Chances lead to assists or goals.

Mahrez was our scapegoat for last season. 

19 minutes ago, Silluin said:

DFu66ufUQAE3g4c.jpg

For those of you who enjoy reading really far into things, Leicester put out a new cover photo on facebook without Mahrez.

Oh Shit! Does this mean we're planning to play in a 5-a-side league next season without a Goalkeeper?!

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Quite ironic how many fans are now realising that we will be lost without him.

Even though he was not as effective last season he was still a major part of the turnaround and has a massive impact how opponents face us because he requires more attention than anyone else in our squad.

All the fans suggesting ship him out and move on are stupid - fortunately the owners are handling this extremely well to date and Shakey is also handling him fantastically - hopefully they will tell Riyad that if we have not had an acceptable bid by the start of the season then he will be staying until January at least.

For me ideally we would be showing a bit more ambition and signing one or two more creative match winners i.e a proper No.10 and I do not see Kelechi as the solution to that and maybe another creative midfielder or winger. This would show Riyad that we have ambitions but also have a plan for IF he moves on.

Hopefully no one meets the asking price and he remains until January at least. Its world cup year, he probably would be worth more and have the pick of the Top Clubs if he was to remain and perform at a high level again so all parties would win but I think his agent has definitely not helped with his head being turned and sadly we will probably lose the most gifted player we have ever had.

Hopefully the owners are strong enough not to let this happen close to deadline day as our record of last minute acquisitions are poor and without more creativity we are very mid to lower half of the table.

What do you mean quite ironic ? ...   I think most fans on here are intelligent enough to realise that he is an important part of the team ...  you make it sound like you knew that all along and us thickos are just catching up.   You then say we should be signing one or two creative players ? ...  don't you think we try ? ...   first you have to identify these people, then try and get them for the right price, then HOPE that their club will let them go and even more importantly they actually want to come and play for us ! ...   you make it sound we just need to push our shopping trolley down the creative players aisle and pop a couple in it.   As for you saying that all those that say ship him out are 'stupid' ...  I think some people feel that if a player doesn't want to be here then let him go ...    they are not stupid ....    thats just their opinion. 

Personally, I didn't think he was a 'major part of the turnaround' as you have said and only played at about 65% all season ...    maybe because he was off and it didn't really matter ...   of course he's pulling his finger out now cus he realises he's royally fvcked up and is probably going nowhere.

31 minutes ago, Silluin said:

DFu66ufUQAE3g4c.jpg

For those of you who enjoy reading really far into things, Leicester put out a new cover photo on facebook without Mahrez.

I don't think Mahrez has been in any of the promotional photos this season anyway has he?

13 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

Our best player by a country mile, just need to sign Boudebouz to complement his playing style, would have the opposition more confused than if Paul Daniels was in our midfield.

Not according to the scores awarded in the post match scoring threads last year…. Fickle bunch aren't we?

For what it's worth, he's the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt and I've been attending since 1984!

i'll have a very glum face if he goes

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Keep seeing people in here and our fan pages saying Mahrez was largely shit (etc) last season but.

He created 17 less chances than our title winning Season is that really shit? Is it his fault people didnt get on the end of them? Chances lead to assists or goals.

What was his distance covered, stats compared to the season before?

6 goals 3 or 4 of them pens?

Tackling stats where the lowest of his 3 seasons also down from 1.4 (first and second season) 0.8pg

Key passes lowest amount of the 3 seasons

Dribbles lowest amount of the 3 seasons

RIYAD MAHREZ 

Games: 17 (16 starts)

Goals: 5

Assists: 2

Shot accuracy: 52% 

Pass accuracy: 78%

that was 21 November, 

so he went on to get 1 goal and 2 assists in 16 more games, including when the team hit a bit of form, not exactly the form of a guy that was the best player in the league the year before, so if we are comparing the 2 seasons (2&3) yes he had a shit season, but if you minus the 2nd season it was actually back to similar stats as his first season.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yup.

The blame should be more on Vardy and Slim for some shocking finishing.

Riyad got plenty of assists in the season before because Vardy was clinical.

Archived