Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

Just now, LCCFox96 said:

He would go to Chelsea with the wing back system Conte uses I wouldn't have thought. I hope he goes abroad. Can see this statement causing a shit storm of interest though. Fancy United to perk up a bit. I just hope and pray he doesn't go to Arsenal, that would be God awful. 

Think Monaco would be a good move for him, likewise if Spurs could land him, then it would be a real coup for them.

Chelsea would use him instead of pedro, not a wing back. imo, he needs to strengthen to play that role. not sure he can do that.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Chelsea would use him instead of pedro, not a wing back. imo, he needs to strengthen to play that role. not sure he can do that.

Oh yeah potentially. Agree though, not as direct or powerful as Pedro

As much as I'd love him to go abroad, there's just this gut feeling he may seek a move to a "bigger" prem club.

Even if he did go to let's say Monaco, wouldn't then surprise me to see him return in a couple of years with a big bid from Manchester City or Chelsea.

Out of our control, once he's gone :(

Can see him going Chelsea for about £35m. 

Back playing with Kante and given freedom with how they play their wingers. Hazard, Pedro and Mahrez would be some attacking midfield line up! 

Can see Willian going united for about £30m. 

6 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

Back playing with Kante and given freedom with how they play their wingers. Hazard, Pedro and Mahrez would be some attacking midfield line up! 

The system only works because Willian and Pedro work so hard meaning hazard dosent have to get back. Playing Mahrez & Hazard, you'll have problems defensively. 

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

The system only works because Willian and Pedro work so hard meaning hazard dosent have to get back. Playing Mahrez & Hazard, you'll have problems defensively. 

Potentially yes, this is also a team that have had to play Moses as a RWB. 

The added games of Europe and developing their system with better players defensively may allow them to play a forward 3 of Hazard, Mahrez and Costa (if he stays) with Pedro playing the hardworking number 10 supporting Matic and Kante. 

Willians game time has also been more limited lately maybe signalling that he is leaving in the summer? 

I think he'll join Arsenal.

He'd be a good fit for Spurs but they will never match his current wages. He's not quite good enough for Chelsea or City and he's not a Mourinho player (because he's skilful and lightweight). Can't see Atletico paying his wages and he's prob not quite good enough for Barca or Real.

That just leaves Arsenal, PSG and Monaco and Monaco tend to buy young talent to sell on at a huge profit. PSG would be a good move for him and us but haven't ever shown much interest so IMHO he'll join Wenger's band of merry men for their exciting Europa League campaign.

4 hours ago, smr said:

Most skillful, elegant and flair player ive ever seen in a leicester shirt since 1991. Thanks for the wonderful memories. Wonder where he will go to.

Not sure which 1991 player you're referring to as I don't remember us having too many flair players in 1991 as we avoided relegation to the 3rd division on the last day.

The likes of Tony Spearing and Alan Paris never quite had the same skill levels as Riyad! lol :ph34r:

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Looking at the replies to this 

It doesn't look like he's done himself any favours and doesn't look like he has too many fans or many people that rate him, they're not sticking up for us exactly but they're certainly questioning why or how he deserves a move.

That said I'm sure they'd change their opinion if he signed for their club but as I said it's doesn't look like fans of other clubs can understand why he's done it, deserve it or can warrant it and general consensus of him doesn't seem to be great.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Looking at the replies this 

It doesn't look like he's done himself any favours and doesn't look like he has too many fans or many people that rate him, they're not sticking up for us exactly but they're certainly questioning why or how he deserves a move.

That said I'm sure they'd change their opinion if he signed for their club but as I said it's doesn't look like fans of other clubs can understand why he's done it, deserve it or can warrant it.

Most of these idiots on Twitter don't go to games so I'm sure he'll be fine..

Really hope we play hard ball with this one. Got plenty of years left in his contract so either £35m to a foreign club or £50m to any English clubs. 

Can geuinenly see Athletico singing him to play behind Lacazette & to be Griezman's replacement in that No.10 role.

8 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Really hope we play hard ball with this one. Got plenty of years left in his contract so either £35m to a foreign club or £50m to any English clubs. 

Can geuinenly see Athletico singing him to play behind Lacazette & to be Griezman's replacement in that No.10 role.

Not a chance Atletico will sign him 

4 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

Maybe a cash plus players deal?

That way everyone is happy as Chelsea get rid of a couple of squad players and get Mahrez for a little cash outlay.

We could get Abraham and Loftus Cheek possibly and get two young up and coming players who will probably never get a real chance at Chelsea as their MO is buying ready made players.

He's been one of the most gifted players to ever wear the shirt, given us moments that none of us will ever forget and has been an integral part to our success which he'll always be remembered for.

He could of quite easily done a Kante last season and pushed for a move but he stuck with us and personally I've no bitterness or ill feelings towards him for coming out, being honest & saying he wants a move.

He's laid his cards out early which gives us plenty of time to plan our targets for a replacement and is probably the best for both sides.

People suggesting an early request will effect the price tag are simply naive & clueless. Do u think our owners would seriously be undercut in any deal when such a special player has 3yrs left on a contract with no release clause?!?! Clubs will be queuing up for him.

Some of the negative comments I've read about Riyad are truly embarrassing also and show a total lack of respect to one of our greatest.

Thanks for the memories Riyad! You'll never be forgotten 

Surely he wants Champions League football, which would rule out Arsenal.

I hope Barca want him, but don't see who he would displace there?

Can't see Spurs paying what we want, or his wages level!

PSG? Monaco (can afford, apparently)?Though he didn't want France again?

My money would be on Chelsea 

Archived