Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

The thing is, he wants a massive move. Rightly so, we do not want to sell below our estimated value. £40 million for a summer transfer target would be someone any club willing to spend that much would expect to be in or at least competing for a starting berth. The market is heavily in favour of a selling club. With Mahrez comes the enigma, can he replicate the 15/16 form or was it one year of everything working in his favour. The owners cannot risk losing him in case his real form does materialise again. 

Pay the money or he doesn't go. For Mahrez, he should only go if his valuation is met. That's all it is, a honest valuation based on today's market. I cannot think how any opposition manager can dispute that. Take the Kante situation, we had our pants pulled down to an extent that the Chelsea director ridiculued us with his suggestion that flowers should be sent as a thank you. The owners, proud, successful and ruthless business  men in their own right, have an interest and their egos to protect. 

I cant see Spurs paying it. United, have far too many players ahead of him in the pecking order. That leaves, Arsenal, Liverpool,Chelsea and City. With regards to the latter, a player of Nolitos calibre wants out, Arsenal are not in the champions league and ignoring the last 6 weeks have had their poorest season for years. Would £40 million on Mahrez really be Wengers priority - he has a squad that requires a fair few to compete again. I am not too sure of Liverpool and that could be a dark horse.

That leaves Chelsea and their magic bag of talent in the reserve. I suggest we use that in our favour. Ake, Zouma, Abraham to name but a few could add serious value to our squad and would make the loss of Mahrez more than bearable. 

The loss of Emile in 1999 was far more detrimental (given the unfulfilled potential and subsequent waste of funds) than this. At least this time we actually did achieve the unthinkable. Use the bargaining power and use it wisely. (Still hope he sees sense and stays though!)

AC Milan's Colombia striker Carlos Bacca, 30, Leicester's Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez, 26, and Monaco's French midfielder Thomas Lemar, 21, are on Arsene Wenger's radar after the Frenchman pledged his future to Arsenal.

Be nice if we get a couple of clubs in a bidding war. I definitely think Arsenal will be bidding as it looks like Sanchez and Ozil could be off.

The club really has a responsibility and an opportunity to show we're gonna be no pushovers this transfer window

Perspectives...

No matter whether you are a foxes fan who adores him, or only have a snidy respect.

We DONT count!!!!  You see by pundits, and guest pannelists how he is rated in the game.

They still see the guy delivering in 2015/16 and now his age and potential that goes with it.

Mahrez gives any superclub  7-8 yrs top potential, at a time they are losing some of their aged stars.

They can gamble, they have the money, and his like dont come around too often.Even if he becomes

only a top reserve, with 10 games a season, it pays.Or he writes his name in Gold.

Dont underestimate inside footballs perspective on Riyhad, it will by higher than mr avg fox fan.

he shown "it", with the title behind him, that it covers him for a few seasons, plus he shown glimpses of that "it"

When his team was struggling.....His star his still Shining bright , his price will still be high....

Whether £35 or £70 million Leicester and the fans have made the pennies...

So to the snidey, to the spiteful, to the mean, to the fan who can only judge in any part negative....YOU LOSE!!

To a scruffy skinny foreign urchin, found in the backwoods of France....

really would be surprised if he went Arsenal tbh, as said in the thread already they havent got Champions League football, and the way the other clubs are spending i cant see them getting in the top 4 next season either tbh, i think the call on Riyad going Atletico Madrid would be a good call if they sell Griezmann,

Really do hope we sell him abroad but cant see many foreign teams spending the money we would want for him. If we want top dollar, we would need to sell him to another prem club. Wouldn't want us playing against him next season though 

He fits the mould of an Arsenal player but the champions league thing will surely count against them, in addition when they go through their mid season capitulation Mahrez is hardly a shining example of someone to rally the troops.

My biggest fear is he has inadvertently ****ed us over on his valuation by being shit this season.

Potentially i could see some sort of loan to buy deal happen.

5 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

dorsett just confirms no buy out clause and the offer will only be accepted if it matches the clubs valuation of him.

...this could end badly.

Why ? ...   If we can't get the price we want for him he's going nowhere ...   LCFC isn't a bloomin charity and its not here to do everything it can to help the career of one of its players that wants CL football.   No matter what people say about 'things discussed in the past',  if you REALLY want to go then don't sign a new contract !!

18 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

dorsett just confirms no buy out clause and the offer will only be accepted if it matches the clubs valuation of him.

...this could end badly.

He's made his bed...he's only got himself to blame.

If we get 40 million then sell but 30-35 isn't good enough imho. He will be superb again and far more consistent than he was this season. His head just hasnt been at the club this year and it's shown in his frustration. Nobodies fault just time to move on.  

If someone is paying you £100000 per week, then he should give it his all. Disappointed with Mahrez this year as he has looked disinterested on far too many occasions. Many ordinary people would face disciplinary proceedings or written warnings at their places of work had they shown the same lack of commitment in their work as Mahrez has, on astronomical wages. 

2 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

...this could end badly.

I think thats just talk  to try and detrr any low ball offers.

They'll not be stupid about it... If , at times, last season he can play badly when he was happy to be here imagine how he'd play if he didnt get the move he wanted!

Arsenal
Liverpool
Monaco
Athletico
PSG

Are all teams that I think would be in for him if he came up for sale (which he is according to the player himself really)
I would preferably want him to go abroad, and it would probably suit him too. We shouldn't be aiming to get a flat 40m for him, aim higher and if needed drop the valuation.

Archived