Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

Considering they are paying £300,000 a week to Rooney I'm surprised they are offering Gylfi less than us

Really ?  Thought it was rather lower than that. (Although this was his old Man U salary so someone will have to re imburse the diff )

Man U are still paying half of Rooney's wages apparently. 

Love that we are really getting in the mix for these big transfers.  Even if we don't get Gylfi, I love the ambition!  We are becoming serious players!

5 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

They aren't paying Rooney 300k a week.

Do you know that for sure? I thought he still had some time to run on his Man U contract at that amount, so I doubt he would have left for less. Thought he left on a free, so Everton could probably pay him that much. Alternatively they might have just paid him a sign on fee and lower wages.

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Do you know that for sure? I thought he still had some time to run on his Man U contract at that amount, so I doubt he would have left for less. Thought he left on a free, so Everton could probably pay him that much. Alternatively they might have just paid him a sign on fee and lower wages.

I'll be honest I don't know for sure but I've read various things that say he's left United and moved to Everton on a reduced wage, as he had been offered more abroad but only wanted to go to Everton.

I'd imagine that United would have come to an agreement with Rooney to cancel his contract earlier.

3 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I'll be honest I don't know for sure but I've read various things that say he's left United and moved to Everton on a reduced wage, as he had been offered more abroad but only wanted to go to Everton.

I'd imagine that United would have come to an agreement with Rooney to cancel his contract earlier.

Maybe so, he can't need the money by now surely.

3 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

This - they owed him 30 mill if he had seen it out. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

He obviously doesnt want to come to us does he... why on earth would we waste our time making a second bid... :rolleyes:

I know. Wasting our time with glyfi.

even if by some miracle we beat everton to signing him the only reason he would be joining is for money. Fvck that. Rather have someone here who wants to come to play for us

2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

I know. Wasting our time with glyfi.

even if by some miracle we beat everton to signing him the only reason he would be joining is for money. Fvck that. Rather have someone here who wants to come to play for us

It was sarcastic. Nothing has been put anywhere about him not wanting to join us.. nothing credible anyway. To me this new bid tells me he is interested in coming hence why weve gone in again! 

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Easy... 

To piss Everton off! 

Everton are probably the club who'll be our main rivals in battling for a European place (at least I hope that's the case) it makes sense to try and make their transfers as drawn out and expensive as possible. 

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

Says in the paper he took a 50% pay cut on what he was on at man u, which was £600,000 a week

I'm pretty sure Rooney was not on £600k a week. lol

Archived