Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

If we intend to keep Vardy as our number one striker I don't think there's room for both Sigurdson and Iheanacho in the same team, the emphasis being on the word team.

Some of the supposed line-ups above to me look nothing more than a means to getting as many star players in a team as possible, regardless of whether those players are being utilised in their best positions.  It makes me think back to England under Sven and McClaren. Remember how they used to want to cram Gerrard, Lampard  and Scholes into the same team because they were our recognised best players?  Scholes, one of our best ever central midfielders nullified by sticking him out wide left, no wonder he retired from England early! Joke decisions by joke management. 

I don't see Shakey straying far from his usual formations and I certainly don't see us buying both Iheanacho and Sigurdson. If he can play a decent number 10 role I see Iheanacho as the number 1 target as he's younger, potentially a more prolific goalscorer from open play, capable of playing 9 or 10 for the future and potentially half the price. Even with a sell on clause he also has more future sell on value than an ageing Sigurdson in 3yrs time Imo. 

20 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's an oxymoron, you don't think a £50m player is worth £125k a week?

Sigurdsson is never a £50m player IMO. Outside his world class dead ball talents he's a mediocre PL player. 

No big clubs are after Sigurdsson but £50m is the price? Either the big clubs underrate him or we overvalue him. 

100% this.

The figure for Sanchez is £50m albeit he doesn't have long left on his current contract. Could you imagine us signing Sigurdsson for the same price as Sanchez?

He's a good player but never £40m never mind £50m.

9 hours ago, bpfox said:

my side with some of are would be signings, would love to see shakey go to a back three.

kasper

maquire             huth              evans

niddi              drinkwater         iborra

albrighton        sigrdsson         iheanacho

vardy

Are you Woy Hodgson in disguise??.........

Square pegs in round holes, just to shoe-horn players into the side?..............

i bet you want Vardy taking corners!.............. ?

9 hours ago, bpfox said:

my side with some of are would be signings, would love to see shakey go to a back three.

kasper

vardy

No offence BP but this is the worst formation in the history of football.

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If we intend to keep Vardy as our number one striker I don't think there's room for both Sigurdson and Iheanacho in the same team, the emphasis being on the word team.

Some of the supposed line-ups above to me look nothing more than a means to getting as many star players in a team as possible, regardless of whether those players are being utilised in their best positions.  It makes me think back to England under Sven and McClaren. Remember how they used to want to cram Gerrard, Lampard  and Scholes into the same team because they were our recognised best players?  Scholes, one of our best ever central midfielders nullified by sticking him out wide left, no wonder he retired from England early! Joke decisions by joke management. 

I don't see Shakey straying far from his usual formations and I certainly don't see us buying both Iheanacho and Sigurdson. If he can play a decent number 10 role I see Iheanacho as the number 1 target as he's younger, potentially a more prolific goalscorer from open play, capable of playing 9 or 10 for the future and potentially half the price. Even with a sell on clause he also has more future sell on value than an ageing Sigurdson in 3yrs time Imo. 

Now you're just talking absolute sense, there's no place for that! We're going to play 3-1-3-1-2. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

If we are to get Iheanacho and Sigurdsson then we have to go like this IMO;

Kasper

Maguire Huth Evans/Fuchs

Albrighton Iborra Ndidi Chilwel

Sigurdsson

Iheanacho Vardy

Why are people obsessed with 3 at the back? Simpson covers our centre backs constantly - there is no way I'd feel secure going into a game without Simpson. 

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why are people obsessed with 3 at the back? Simpson covers our centre backs constantly - there is no way I'd feel secure going into a game without Simpson. 

I don't particularly love it, I'm certainly not obsessed :D I'm just saying that if we're going to fit Iheanacho and Sigurdsson in the same side then that would have to be the best solution.

To be honest, I wouldn't be adverse to playing Simpson on the right of a back 3. You don't need 3 giants in a 3 at the back formation.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

1 minute ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Agreed ? 

Also.  We are solid at the full back positions. Barring cover for Simpson and maybe one more CB, we've got a great back 4 I wouldn't want to mess with

58 minutes ago, mod hero said:

No offence BP but this is the worst formation in the history of football.

it was not meant to be like that, more like this.

kasper

maquire                  huth                 evans

albrigton              niddi         drinkwater          iborra         iheanacho

sigurdsson

vardy

now does that clear things up, and i know some will say u cant have him there and so , so. but i was trying to get all the best players in the line up. rather than a formation. 

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't particularly love it, I'm certainly not obsessed :D I'm just saying that if we're going to fit Iheanacho and Sigurdsson in the same side then that would have to be the best solution.

To be honest, I wouldn't be adverse to playing Simpson on the right of a back 3. You don't need 3 giants in a 3 at the back formation.

No worries. I just look at some people's predicted teams and worry that you're all just trying to fit players in. We should be purchasing players we need to improve the team not just purchasing them to fit them in - I think we've got a sound defence. Maybe we need another centre half but in terms of full backs we're in the best position I've ever seen us in. 

For me there's no way we're going to get both Ihneacho and Sigurdsson in the side - not that I'd pay £50mill for Sigurdsson anyway! I think we need a creative midfielder but if we're going for a £25mill forward then I can't see where that creative midfielder is going to play - especially considering we bought Iborra and have a recovering James coming back. Ndidi showed last season he needs to start.

3 minutes ago, bpfox said:

kasper

albrigton              niddi         drinkwater          iborra         iheanacho

sigurdsson

vardy

now does that clear things up, and i know some will say u cant have him there and so , so. but i was trying to get all the best players in the line up. rather than a formation. 

Iheanacho as a left wingback? :blink:

Maybe best he doesn't see this if we want him still to sign lol

3 minutes ago, bpfox said:

kasper

sigurdsson

vardy

You must be Roy Hodgson. "Formations don't win games, players do". 

Iheanacho as a wingback is either pure genius, or utter madness, and I've no idea which. 

I wish I had time to make my own "best players regardless of formation" starting eleven.

10 hours ago, bpfox said:

kasper

vardy

Needs less width IMO

13 minutes ago, bpfox said:

kasper

sigurdsson

vardy

"Yeah I know you're a striker Kelechi but this is Leicester, players just play anywhere. We signed Amartey and he basically plays anywhere for us. So anyway, like I say, I know you were a striker at Man City, but we see you as a left wing back."

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Needs less width IMO

--------kasper----

-------maquire---            

-------huth--------         

-------evans-----

--------niddi-------            

-----drinkwater---      

-------iborra------

-----albrighton----       

------sigrdsson----        

-----iheanacho----

--------vardy--------

7 minutes ago, Smiffy Fox said:

In the the last hour skybet have cut the odds on him joining us from 7/1 to 9/4. I know the bookies haven't really got a clue but there must have been a few bets go on. 

or they are just covering their backsides because he could make a quick decision and their book would be skewed with a few quick bets at 7/1 if he decided to follow the wonga and come here. it wouldn't be a fortune for them but they don't want to on the wrong side to such an extent

3 hours ago, bpfox said:

kasper

sigurdsson

vardy

That's worse than before.

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

--------kasper----

-------maquire---            

-------huth--------         

-------evans-----

--------niddi-------            

-----drinkwater---      

-------iborra------

-----albrighton----       

------sigrdsson----        

-----iheanacho----