Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Gylfi Sigurdsson

1 minute ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I'm not sure how Sigurdsson would fit into the team if we sign Iheanacho as surely we would then play only one up front with him just behind like Okazaki did. We will only play 2 from 3 out of Vardy, Sigurdsson and Iheanacho.

Not necessarily. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with two of Ndidi, Drinkwater and Iborra as the holding midfielders, three of Iheanacho, Sigurdsson, Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton as the attacking midfielders, and either Vardy or Slimani as the striker.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not Deeney. I'm not sure I could stand not signing Gylfi, and then spending 20 m on Deeney.

No, don't like it....

lol

Bet we go back with an increased bid at the very least.. But not sure he'll leave Watford anyway!! 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Doesnt say in there he doesnt want to come does it? Mockery putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 yet again. 

lol 

It is understood that Sigurdsson has had his head turned by the ambition Everton have shown in the transfer market so far, which includes the signings of Wayne Rooney as well as the £30m purchases of goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and defender Michael Keane.

The impending move will come as a disappointment to City fans, who had voted Sigurdsson as the player they most wanted Leicester to sign in a Mercury survey of more than 5,000 supporters.

He's well aware we are after him 

34 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not necessarily. We could play a 4-2-3-1 with two of Ndidi, Drinkwater and Iborra as the holding midfielders, three of Iheanacho, Sigurdsson, Mahrez, Gray and Albrighton as the attacking midfielders, and either Vardy or Slimani as the striker.

Sounds ok but iheanacho and siggy would play and therefore we would need fullbacks 

to provide the width and unfortunatly we don't have them.

52 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that their signings aren't actually THAT good? Or as good as they're making out? 

Pickford and Keane are obviously very decent young English players fair enough but they've paid nearly £60mil for the pair of them, that's nearly all the Lukaku money gone on them. Klassen, could be quality but an unknown quantity in the prem, and Rooney is obviously Rooney. Could be spectacular for them in all fairness, but is likely to represent poor value for money. All ok-decent signings individually but looking at their team on paper it doesn't look any stronger than it did last year and suddenly you take away a 20 goal striker. Could all fit in and play well as we all know Walsh can build a great side but the way Everton fans are banging on you would've thought they've signed 4/5 absolutely top world class footballers!

Absolutely this - Two of their biggest signings were from Sunderland and Burnley yet they are starting to act like they've signed wonder kids from Real/Barca. Replacing Lukaku with Rooney is absolute madness once the nostalgia wears off they are stuck with a player that is so past it he'd struggle at masters football.

I don't see this ambition either - they've not signed the required quality to crack the top 4 let alone top 6. Too me they'll have spent roughly 100 mil by the end of this window to consolidate 7th. I don't see how that's ambition.

28 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

lol 

It is understood that Sigurdsson has had his head turned by the ambition Everton have shown in the transfer market so far, which includes the signings of Wayne Rooney as well as the £30m purchases of goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and defender Michael Keane.

The impending move will come as a disappointment to City fans, who had voted Sigurdsson as the player they most wanted Leicester to sign in a Mercury survey of more than 5,000 supporters.

He's well aware we are after him 

Come on Chap the Mercury has posted shit for ages, if Everton really do want him why eould theu match our bid which was rejected and public knowledge?

Archived