Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Manchester Arena blast

Guest MattP
53 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Apparently we are all ISIS.

Imagine if we all thought like this. 

"Dylan Roof came from a poor part of America. He had few opportunities in life. 'White trash' like him are always being demeaned and ridiculed by the media and celebrities. Mainstream society hates them. His culture and beliefs were denigrated. His flags were being banned. His kind are called 'hicks' and 'rednecks' and 'yokels'. So can we really be surprised that he did what he did?? We made him like this. Our meanness made this monster. It's our fault. If you want to stop black churchgoers being killed, then stop saying bad things about white Southerners, okay?"

We are all KKK yeah....

30 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've not studied this so I may be wrong but as I understand it his parents came here as refugees from Col Gadafi and then we got rid of Col Gadafi for them. Wtf is he angry at the UK for?

Have to remember his family were fleeing Gaddafi who was anti-Islamist - highly possible at the time we were given sanctuary to people who support this - @Alf Bentley said earlier in the thread we wouldn't know as at that time there was no global jihadi threat.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

"Dylan Roof came from a poor part of America. He had few opportunities in life. 'White trash' like him are always being demeaned and ridiculed by the media and celebrities. Mainstream society hates them. His culture and beliefs were denigrated. His flags were being banned. His kind are called 'hicks' and 'rednecks' and 'yokels'. So can we really be surprised that he did what he did?? We made him like this. Our meanness made this monster. It's our fault. If you want to stop black churchgoers being killed, then stop saying bad things about white Southerners, okay?"

We are all KKK yeah....

Yeah, it's equally ridiculous either way.

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

True that we cannot deport them but once they go over to places like Libia they shouldn't be allowed back.

Their families flee countries like this yet want to go back regular?

Yes that's pretty much it or we can employ enough security service personnel to watch the 3000 or so identified as needing to be kept an eye on around the clock.  Hang on for a bit and someone will be on to explain why we mustn't restrict their freedom of movement as it would violate their civil rights and leave us open to compensation claims .

Don't know if its been mentioned but I imagine it could have been a lot worse if it had happened while the concert was on going, I read that there may have been a second trigger switch that could be set of remotely, for all we know the lad could have had second thoughts but this second trigger gives him no option...

Just show the levels they are going to go to now this has happened and its pretty frightening, I still don't believe the amount of news coverage helps but that's the world we live in.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

We are all KKK yeah....

Have to remember his family were fleeing Gaddafi who was anti-Islamist - highly possible at the time we were given sanctuary to people who support this - @Alf Bentley said earlier in the thread we wouldn't know as at that time there was no global jihadi threat.

Gadafi was the original muslim fundamentalist.

Anyone been to the police yet, to confess to them that you once said that you reject the teachings of Allah and therefore you're directly responsible for the murder of 22 people on Monday night, moreso than the person who actually detonated the bomb?

I was watching Question Time last night, their was a interesting point made by a young Muslim woman who attended a certain mosque frequently.

She stated that whilst the majority are just practising their faith peacefully, there is a seedy underbelly going on with Saudi Preachers teaching young 7 year old children the stricter/hardline form of Islam (can't remember the name she gave) and funding through the Saudi government.

I thought she brought up an interesting point, with regards to how mosques whilst on the face of it condemn, what really happens within the confides of certain Mosques? 

On 2017-5-25 at 10:15, Rincewind said:

Sorry I should have made it clearer. They were also posting deport all Muslims because they are all the same.

I mentioned in a post  that what happened here was not exclusive to us and that in April 68 children were killed when a bus envoy they were part of was hit by bombers in Syria. Their reply? Well if they dont care about our kids why should i care about theirs? So the Manchester bomber had fathered 68 children before reaching 22? The fact that the envoy were evacuees trying to get away from terrorists did not register.

Like so many others you'll sideline the problem by counter-balancing the reality of what is actually facing us here.

A people problem of any kind doesn't disappear because there are nice people too, nor does a problem for the UK disappear because the UK plays a part in causing problems of its own.

Have you ever sat down and read books about the growth of Islamic terrorism, the aims of terrorists, of Islamic activists and the ways terrorist training evolves?   

Have you read the Koran and the aims of Islam? 

You talk about the work of Muslim doctors and nurses.

I don't think anyone's unaware or unappreciative of the work done by Muslim doctors or nurses. But that doesn't mean that none of those people are either Muslim activists or people quietly wanting to see an Islamic or sharia society here.

Nor does it mean it is right for the West to absorb Muslim medics when they are so badly needed in Muslim countries or that we wouldn't be safer training

our own medical staff if we cannot show sufficient diligence or exert sufficiently control in relation to people we invite into the UK.

I personally know and unreservedly believe that are lots of genuinely decent Muslim people - and many Muslims who would love to escape Islam - but we are recklessly admitting and have clearly already admitted far too many who are not. And something must be done about it. 

Sadly there are many voices who don't seem to understand that or don't wish to do anything about it, sometimes for their own reasons.

As for the ongoings inside mosques, I have explained the function of mosques before and the potential dangers that can be fermented within them.

We can't control any dictats forthcoming from inside them - nor any factions wrestling for control of those mosques, perhaps at the expense of so-called moderate administrations. Key into the internet and find out how many times mosques have been used for the storage of weapons in various places around the world and then not the extent of their presence and the strategic importance of their siting.

Many, many muslims want to live in peace and to tolerate other communities round about them. But Islam aims to dominate and it is a short step from tolerate to terrorism when Islam does dominate and when the fundamentalists take control. And the fact that moderate muslims might not want that is no more effective than if moderate or non-trade unionists don't want to go on strike over something. Sometimes the leaders ride roughshod over their views and once their dominance is established the situation gets more and more militant.   

Either we exert real due diligence or we become victims and Manchester is an example of our becoming victims - and not the first one by any means. 

Western people need to learn more about Islam and its implications.

Key in, for instance, "Are Muslims allowed to sell their property to non Muslims" and see for yourself how Islam sees things in relation to people of other faiths.  

2 hours ago, steflcfc said:

I was watching Question Time last night, their was a interesting point made by a young Muslim woman who attended a certain mosque frequently.

She stated that whilst the majority are just practising their faith peacefully, there is a seedy underbelly going on with Saudi Preachers teaching young 7 year old children the stricter/hardline form of Islam (can't remember the name she gave) and funding through the Saudi government.

I thought she brought up an interesting point, with regards to how mosques whilst on the face of it condemn, what really happens within the confides of certain Mosques? 

Exactly. I read some muslim guy say that some mosques let Wahhabist speakers talk regularly, including the one this attacker attended. I am interested to see if anything will be done about the problem with certain Saudi individuals funding it. Maybe if we didn't sell them weapons we would already have banned those hate preachers.

On the bright side Katie Hopkins got sacked. 

19 hours ago, Webbo said:

I've not studied this so I may be wrong but as I understand it his parents came here as refugees from Col Gadafi and then we got rid of Col Gadafi for them. Wtf is he angry at the UK for?

I think it's a waste of time to try and find rational thought in the mind of a man willing to blow up children in the name of religion.

A thought occurred to me. UKIP want to ban the burka. Of the 3000 known/being watched how many wear the burka?

If a law is brought in how are they going to implement it? Will police approach the women in the street and tear their clothes off or bundle them into the back of a van to be stripsearched? Will they be told 'You came to this country to have the freedom of choice not to wear one of those and we will make sure you take that choice whether you want to or not.

On a more serious note. I would imagine that the majority of those radicalised are Britain born young men who have had more exposure to Western life. By that I mean social, schooling internet etch. They see the news from all sides and form their views based on whats going on around them and what news outlet they get information from.

I doubt very much that the older women who mainly wear burkas would be involved in bomb making or plotting attacks. Nor do I think the older men would that go to prayers 3/4 times a day and nothing much else.

Sometimes we have to take a step back in order to see the wider picture. Everything is not black and white. There are also many shades of grey. For every bad person in the world there are 1000 good ones (or more) and that is all we need to know.

18 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

Another attack on Coptic Christians in Egypt today as well. 26 dead and a further 25 injured :( Is this our fault and the West's fault too?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/26/several-killed-in-attack-on-bus-carrying-coptic-christians-in-egypt

Depressing. In 10 years there will be hardly any Christian communities left in the Middle East.

Logic tells me that if there is a problem and you repeated use the same actions in an attempt to eradicate that problem without success then there is something not quite right with that action and a new action is needed.

Guest Foxin_mad

I think the problem is we haven't really tried anything, hate preachers have remained here preaching hate, dodgy mosques are still dodgy. Anyone who travels to Libya or Syria still seems to be allowed to come back.

We need real cross party joined up thinking, this is not an area for political gain. I listened with Interest to the charity based in Warrington that claims to have turned around many extremists, we need to speak to these people and roll out their practices more widely.           

I guess the Jihadists are a bit like those groomed by Paedophiles, they are vulnerable and  they are groomed by scumbag imams to commit these terrible attacks                                          

6 minutes ago, Foxin_mad said:

I think the problem is we haven't really tried anything, hate preachers have remained here preaching hate, dodgy mosques are still dodgy. Anyone who travels to Libya or Syria still seems to be allowed to come back.

We need real cross party joined up thinking, this is not an area for political gain. I listened with Interest to the charity based in Warrington that claims to have turned around many extremists, we need to speak to these people and roll out their practices more widely.           

I guess the Jihadists are a bit like those groomed by Paedophiles, they are venerable and  they are groomed by scumbag imams to commit these terrible attacks                                          

You can't do anything against any of the above because you'll be branded a racist and you will be the social leper whilst they laugh at you. 

Archived