Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

18 hours ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Enjoyed playing a Leicester career so far, just got up to the January transfer window. First FIFA I’ve managed to play on Legendary.

The bad things:

- Goalkeepers are pretty shitty.

- Very difficult to defend, I’ve got the worst defense in the league, but have also scored the most goals. But I don’t mind this, makes it a challenge and I think I’m getting better at defending finally.

- Burnley are seven points clear at the top of the league, although they did beat me 3-1 when I played them, maybe they’ve just done a Leicester.

Finally a post I can relate to! 

I'm sitting 3rd in about mid November on mine, Watford are 5 points clear of Man City who are the only 'big' club in the top 7. I'm only on World Class though. 

Also finding games ridiculous, played Man City yesterday and lost 6-5, it was 4-3 at half time! Very enjoyable though. 

• Like 1

I've got a completely different approach to this so far this year, rather then selling everything I get and sitting on a massive amount of coins and ending up wasting them on packs, I'm just keeping them to use in SBCs I did the Lukaku and MM yesterday for about 5k. I got IF Brahimi, Vardy, Delefeou, Moses and Glik in my rewards.

Sessioned career mode with a mate over the weekend. Did a whole season in two days (mixture of playing and simulating)

Really liking the new gameplay. Found it to be much slower than last year's, defending is more balanced - although scoring is much harder.

The new additions I like, it's a much more polished management sim. Found that negotiations never got boring. The ability to sign players on pre-contract is great, but we couldn't figure out how to set the player search settings to isolate players with expiring contracts once you've scouted them...

On 03/10/2017 at 11:57, AKCJ said:

Bought two OTW Yarmolenkos at the weeked for c.70k each.

Already up to 110k but I'm gonna hang on, he got a goal and an assist in a 2-1 away win. Reckon he'll get in.

Sold two this afternoon for 190k each :D

14 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Anyone else slightly confused by squad battles? Seems very unlike EA to make it so easy to get free packs while being much less frustrating than WL.

I'm surprised by it. As someone who plays FUT mostly offline it is nice. Between the login app bonuses, daily objectives and squad battles I have zero need to buy packs.

I can't see EA being okay with that lol

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Any good tutorials on how to defend? Players turn me so easily in and around the box. I've tried using jockeying and also R1 to get a teammate to close down, but it hasn't made a difference.

I've found that if you hold down x whilst defending your man will just stick to the guy with the ball which seems to help me out a lot. Then do the R1 move to get the extra guy to double up on him. 

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Any good tutorials on how to defend? Players turn me so easily in and around the box. I've tried using jockeying and also R1 to get a teammate to close down, but it hasn't made a difference.

One thing that helped me was to stand off and let the opponent attack me and make a mistake, usually against the AI if you block off the available passes they'll just try and hoof it up to the winger giving you the ball back, so don't dive in.

On 27/09/2017 at 15:18, General Smuts said:

Opened the best pack I've ever had last night. Higuain and De Gea in it. I ran around the living room Ravanelli-ing for an hour!

This has been the best FIFA so far packs wise for me. And they are all from SBC's, Objectives and Squad Battles.

Packed Griezmann, Oblak and best of all - Frank Rijkaard. 

I've not enjoyed a FIFA this much in years as well which helps. 

Is there any way to change the 6 minute half length on squad battles etc?

28 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

This has been the best FIFA so far packs wise for me. And they are all from SBC's, Objectives and Squad Battles.

Packed Griezmann, Oblak and best of all - Frank Rijkaard. 

I've not enjoyed a FIFA this much in years as well which helps. 

Is there any way to change the 6 minute half length on squad battles etc?

Insane, best I got so far is TOTW David Silva and Gabriel Jesus... And I was buzzing with them, kinda deflating hearing about others luck lol

Reckon my club is worth about 1m. Gonna sell a lot of it tonight before the weekend league starts.

Pretty much everyone I've bought has trebled in price.

Gonna sell Mbappe, thought he'd be *the one* this year but I'm preferring Gabriel Jesus. Bought him for about 75k, now worth just shy of 200k.

The side I'm going to take into the WL is;

Jesus

Martial-----Willian

Dembele Kante Bakayoko

Rose Bailly Smalling Walker

De Gea

Not sure about Smalling and Rose yet.

• Like 2