Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iamafox

Players we had on trial but never signed for us

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The two Argentines that O'Neill brought in who appeared to be on trial forever (I don't think we could sign them in any way due to work permits etc). 

Fernando Pasquinelli. Went on to play in Scotland for a while.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

http://www.diez.hn/internacionales/976060-99/fernando-pasquinelli-el-ex-motagua-que-jugó-en-el-leicester-city

A Honduras story about him from last year. Wasn't Gaston Diaz the other one? 

Not sure.

Another, although slightly different. Jason McAteer was actually announced as a signing and there was a photo of him holding the shirt in the ground but something went wrong, think he failed a medical.

I remember years ago a chap called Sacha Lennart being pictured on the back of the mercury.

He was 30, a German left footed striker and i remember thinking how cool it was to be linked with a foreign striker. I also remember thinking he must be well cool because he had one of those  plasters across his nose to  help him breath better...

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I remember years ago a chap called Sacha Lennart being pictured on the back of the mercury.

He was 30, a German left footed striker and i remember thinking how cool it was to be linked with a foreign striker. I also remember thinking he must be well cool because he had one of those  plasters across his nose to  help him breath better...

We signed Lenhart, he made one substitute appearance vs Scarborough in the Coca Cola Cup

Peter Huistra former Rangers dutch winger. 

Pretty Sure Malcolm Christie then at Nuneaton Boro had a trial or at least a reserve game for us before going on to do well at Derby and Middlesborough.

16 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Des Lyttle. Before his Forest days.

Des was here as a youth player and was released before going via Worcestor and Swansea to Forest where he made a decent career for himself in the side that finished 3rd (hah call that decent..)

I don't know if we ever had him back on trial or not though.

I remember hearing a story years ago, which may or may not be true. Apparently we gave Kevin Keegan a trial while he was playing for Scunthorpe but decided he was too small.

14 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Youl Mawene

And at the time that would have been an exciting signing as he was French!! I remember reading he was derby's player of the year before his injuries and thinking we were getting the next Laurent blanc.

We have come so far! Notts forest fans still have to deal with signings like this as their hope

Archived