Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

46 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I love seeing happy Nigel Pearson, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

It just makes me feel like the club sent him there on rehab. He seems so happy and content at the moment and one day he will return.. not as a manger but perhaps someone more behind the scenes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

It just makes me feel like the club sent him there on rehab. He seems so happy and content at the moment and one day he will return.. not as a manger but perhaps someone more behind the scenes.

I genuinely think that one of the reasons why this partnership has been struck up is that it can be used as a "parachute" in case something drastic goes wrong. Let's say we start off appallingly, losing our first 4 or 5 games. In that case we could fairly easily appoint someone who has first hand experience of how the club is run and who knows our players and staff in Nigel Pearson. Now I don't think the plan is for that to ever happen, but what I'm saying is that the dual club relationship affords us possibilities like this. That's on top of player development, getting a Belgian visa for promising players from non EU countries to transfer back to LCFC and so on. It's quite ingenious really.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I genuinely think that one of the reasons why this partnership has been struck up is that it can be used as a "parachute" in case something drastic goes wrong. Let's say we start off appallingly, losing our first 4 or 5 games. In that case we could fairly easily appoint someone who has first hand experience of how the club is run and who knows our players and staff in Nigel Pearson. Now I don't think the plan is for that to ever happen, but what I'm saying is that the dual club relationship affords us possibilities like this. That's on top of player development, getting a Belgian visa for promising players from non EU countries to transfer back to LCFC and so on. It's quite ingenious really.

it'll never happen whilst Rudkin has any power at the club

Nigel Pearson made his managerial return to Leicester City as he took charge of a training match between his former club and OH Leuven.

The former City boss is manager of Leuven, Leicester’s Belgian sister club, and the two teams went head-to-head at Belvoir Drive on Wednesday.

It is the first time Pearson has returned to the club in an official capacity since he was sacked three years ago. While only seen as a training exercise, Leuven came out on top with a 2-1 win.

“It was nice to be invited back by Leicester City,” said Pearson. "Both clubs got a lot out of this training match, for the players it is an interesting experience to discover Leicester’s training ground.

Former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson brough OH Leuven to Belvoir Drive
Former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson brough OH Leuven to Belvoir Drive (Image: Plumb Images/Leicester City FC via Getty Images)
“We have already invested in our training centre in Oud-Heverlee and the players see here in Leicester in which direction we’re heading.

"It was an exciting meeting. The boys were really looking forward to this challenge.

“The most important thing for us is that we performed pretty well against players who have achieved some success there.”

Pearson’s Leuven took on a City side that included new signings James Maddison and Jonny Evans, as well as some more familiar faces including returning loanees Andy King, Islam Slimani and Leonardo Ulloa.

There were also outings for youngsters Layton Ndukwu, Josh Knight and Hamza Choudhury, who will be looking to kick on from his breakthrough season last term.

“I think once you get that first game out of the way you start to enjoy playing the games again,” Choudhury told LCFC TV.

“Getting the second, third and fourth (games) and heading into the season, it gives you a good build up and run of games.

“It’s always nice to get your first game under the belt and shake all the cobwebs off. It was mainly about regaining match fitness and all the boys put in a good shift.

“It makes it quite a bit harder when the teams you’re playing have played one or two games (already). They’re definitely more match fit and used to playing in match situations.”

City now head to Notts County on Saturday for their first official pre-season friendly, before heading off to a week-long training camp in Austria, during which they will face further games against Akhisarspor and Udinese.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-nigel-pearson-return-1805137

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I don't believe he will be fired if we're not promoted.

Our club was a big mess when King Power took over. They are still cleaning up the shit the previous board made. It's clear to me that our owners only have good intentions with our club, but they need time.

We have a decent team (better than last year) and we really have a shot at promotion. But if we don't succeed King Power will keep on building until we get promotion. They really believe Nigel Pearson is the right man for the job (as do I).

To answer your question: He will be in Leuven for the long run.

That's good. He is a manager that is only really any good if he is given time. I just didnt know how desperate the owners are to get Leuven in the top division.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

That's good. He is a manager that is only really any good if he is given time. I just didnt know how desperate the owners are to get Leuven in the top division.

It's very uncommon for Belgian teams to be patient with their managers. We  only have 24 professional teams (16 in 1A, 8 in 1B), but last season 18 clubs sacked their manager. Some teams even sacked 2 managers.

But that's the difference between King Power and the other Belgian owners. King Power has big plans with our team, but they know it will take time to realise those plans. It's the clubs ambition to get promoted, but if we don't, they will stick to their plan and keep on building a better team for the next season. I believe KP has said they give themself 5 years to get Leuven back to the top division. So they still got 4 years to go ;)

• Like 2

On 04/08/2018 at 23:58, Bonanza said:

It's very uncommon for Belgian teams to be patient with their managers. We  only have 24 professional teams (16 in 1A, 8 in 1B), but last season 18 clubs sacked their manager. Some teams even sacked 2 managers.

But that's the difference between King Power and the other Belgian owners. King Power has big plans with our team, but they know it will take time to realise those plans. It's the clubs ambition to get promoted, but if we don't, they will stick to their plan and keep on building a better team for the next season. I believe KP has said they give themself 5 years to get Leuven back to the top division. So they still got 4 years to go ;)

No they never said anything about 5 years. The idea was within 2 years, or at least this was used to rally supporters behind the idea of the takeover by the board. Incoming transfers are hardly better than what the club realized before being bought by KP. We are still sorely lacking creativity and quality of play is terrible.To put it mildly.

If the idea were 5 years, we didn't have to sell to a Thai company, we could have sold the club to local investors instead. In a league of 8 teams, it would be nothing short of asinine to aspire promotion in 5 years, when you are by far the most financially secure club of the league.

On 04/08/2018 at 20:07, lgfualol said:

Will Nige be fired if theyre not promoted?

We can only hope.

Edited by Lizhang