Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

On 16/06/2017 at 23:42, somebum said:

Great player, the best Leicester have ever had, ok he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, he may sometimes lack effort, drift in and out of games, but legendary for our club, if it wasn't for him we would not have won the league it is that simple.

You didn't see Davie Gibson, Weller, Wortho or Izzet then?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

why do people keep saying things like this, these are all apparently good players in our history, riyad mahrez has been one of the greatest players in the world. such a huge difference. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

why do people keep saying things like this, these are all apparently good players in our history, riyad mahrez has been one of the greatest players in the world. such a huge difference. 

Because people have seen these players and they were all very special. Riyad can be mesmeric when on form, sadly he disappeared for the best part of last season as did many others! In no way am I dissing Riyad I love the wizard I also see inconsistency and a frustrating side too! Brilliant yes but not consistent for long enough period to put him ahead of some other past players imo. Incredible natural talent and potentially a genius no doubt but not the complete package.......yet.

People my disagree on who is the best player in the club's history. But he had by far the greatest peak for any Leicester player in history, winning the league as the best player , being voted as the POTY, 7th in the ballon d'or and winning the best player in Africa in the span of 10-12 months.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 3

I don't think you can call Mahrez the overall best player we've had, but there's definitely an argument to say he's the most technically gifted. He can do things that no one in our club's history can do. 

I think Shakespeare has handled him well and may get one last season out of him. Gray may be the future but he'll never have the x-factor that Mahrez does. 

• Like 1

Don't let him leave!!!!!!

He was behind 3 of the 5 goals this season, that's 60℅ of the end-product!

He seems happy here, he is smiling and putting a shift in, he even retweeted a video of his skill today.

As long as he is happy, he won't be bothered by the undervalued interest from other clubs this late in the window, if he keeps on getting his numbers, he will stay.

The best thing for him is to stay for atleast this year. Arsenal doesn't want him and Chelsea is in a bad place right now.

Riyad, just stay for another season, prove that you aren't a 1 season wonder and leave next your when you have the chance of a proper preseason (or stay for the rest of your career, all the better lol )

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, bridport007 said:

Mahrez is the best trapper of a ball I've ever seen...sublime skill.

He's got one of the best first touches in the game! The way he brings the ball down and stops it dead is a joy to watch! It's been an absolute pleasure watching him develop into the player he is now & has given us some amazing moments.

I desperately hope another club doesn't pay his asking price and he stays for another season.

£50m is an absolute bargain for such a talented player in today's market especially when u compare it to the £120m Barcelona have offered for Coutinho who for me isn't any better than our Riyad & If he didn't have a Brazilian passport wouldn't be worth half as much 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Albert said:

He's got one of the best first touches in the game! The way he brings the ball down and stops it dead is a joy to watch! It's been an absolute pleasure watching him develop into the player he is now & has given us some amazing moments.

I desperately hope another club doesn't pay his asking price and he stays for another season.

£50m is an absolute bargain for such a talented player in today's market especially when u compare it to the £120m Barcelona have offered for Coutinho who for me isn't any better than our Riyad & If he didn't have a Brazilian passport wouldn't be worth half as much 

Shhhhh. They'll hear you.

10 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I saw all but one of those and my father has seen them all yet we are 100% in agreement that he is the best we have ever seen in a blue shirt. When you watch the real class players they always seem to have time and glide across the pitch - Riyad oozes class, touch and his ability on the ball is frightening - personally hope that he stays as if he has a great season then gets his wish to play for Barcelona. He is genuinely quality and he looks like he is coming to terms with being double man marked and drifted all over yesterday to influence the game.

An absolute privilege to watch him and worth the admission price just to see him - those that are not bothered about him leaving will be the ones to regret it as in over 45 years of watching we may not see another like him and as for replacing him we will need to sign two players to improve our creativity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

One of the greatest players in the world ? yeah right, that's why we cant sell him then.

• Like 1

Mahrez is the now and yes he is an incredible talent....... but he is an individual as well

Weller, Worthington, Glover, Sammels, Birch, Garland etc all in an era where the team football was the best I've seen.

I hope he doesn't leave but for others flourish he might have to

At the right price though and 50 million don't come close now..... watch out for the panic buy  ( Liverpool, Chelsea spring to mind )

• Like 1

I've been Mahrez's harshest critic.

At last he's provided me - after a 15 month wait - with a performance 'a la title'.

Skilful, and a team peformance by him which centred around him PASSING. As I have been saying for 12 months he's a completely different player when he decides to use that part of his game.

Play like that and its very preferable that he stays.

Lets hope it continues.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

11 hours ago, the fox said:

People my disagree on who is the best player in the club's history. But he had by far the greatest peak for any Leicester player in history, winning the league as the best player , being voted as the POTY, 7th in the ballon d'or and winning the best player in Africa in the span of 10-12 months.

Now that is indisputable and at his best consistently through 15/16 he was the maestro! What I was saying was relating to last season when he disappointed. The true greats influence games lift teammates and make things happen when the going is tough!

At his best Riyad does things that mesmerise and couple that with our amazing TEAM performance and achievement of 15/16 and his accolades and awards I get the hype!

Why aren't people asking why theres not a flood of suitors in a bidding war?

Last season every team learnt to double mark him. Brighton failed to do that. I can't see our next opponents doing the same. But hopefully his excellent start to the season has given him the ooomph to continue in the same improved vein. It's a pity we don't have the players that could punish a team for double marking one of ours.

7 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Now that is indisputable and at his best consistently through 15/16 he was the maestro! What I was saying was relating to last season when he disappointed. The true greats influence games lift teammates and make things happen when the going is tough!

At his best Riyad does things that mesmerise and couple that with our amazing TEAM performance and achievement of 15/16 and his accolades and awards I get the hype!

Why aren't people asking why theres not a flood of suitors in a bidding war?

In fairness to Mahrez, if he had pushed for a move last year he would have had plenty of suiters

Trouble for him now appears to be people have seen him as a one season wonder

Like I said before, I hope he stays and gives us what we missed last season but I see the "bigger" purses coming in late for him

Its going to be a long four days     :fc: