Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

This has become another utterly boring thread. There are certain posters who are just unwilling to discuss Slimani with any objectivity. 

It's pointless. When people are just so biased they just can't see any of a players shortcomings  (or attributes) we ain't gonna get anywhere.

It goes both ways. Others are hell bent on making him one of worst footballers/signings ever and refuse to see any quality in him. And they're very well represented in this thread.

Misread, nevermind.

9 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

It goes both ways. Others are hell bent on making him one of worst footballers/signings ever and refuse to see any quality in him. And they're very well represented in this thread.

I believe that is the point Col was making...

His first touch and ball control weren't the best, but he has a far better showing than Ulloa and Shinji in my opinion. Missed a lot of chances, sure, but at least he took chances. Plus we knew of these shortcomings from the start, he is far more effective with the ball directed on his head.

I'm sure he would've contributed even more with Albrighton and Fuchs on the pitch. Same applies to Vardy if Mahrez was on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Redouane said:

His first touch and ball control weren't the best, but he has a far better showing than Ulloa and Shinji in my opinion. Missed a lot of chances, sure, but at least he took chances. Plus we knew of these shortcomings from the start, he is far more effective with the ball directed on his head.

I'm sure he would've contributed even more with Albrighton and Fuchs on the pitch. Same applies to Vardy if Mahrez was on the pitch. 

Spot on, on both points

Slimani needed some crosses & Vardy would've benefitted from some guile

49 minutes ago, waylander said:

Jury still out on this one tooo shakes has work to do . ?

I think Shakespeare is content with Vardy/Slimani/Musa fighting it out for number one striker. Just depends on how much football Slim and Musa are happy to play.

Then secondary striker is a fight between Iheanacho/Okazaki/Ulloa.

If Shakespeare had any bollocks about him he would sell a couple out of Ulloa/Okazaki/Musa to make room for Sigurdsson.

I'd like to see Slimani and Vardy work as a partnership but I just have no faith that it would click. Their styles don't compliment each other at all.

41 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

I think Shakespeare is content with Vardy/Slimani/Musa fighting it out for number one striker. Just depends on how much football Slim and Musa are happy to play.

Then secondary striker is a fight between Iheanacho/Okazaki/Ulloa.

If Shakespeare had any bollocks about him he would sell a couple out of Ulloa/Okazaki/Musa to make room for Sigurdsson.

I'd like to see Slimani and Vardy work as a partnership but I just have no faith that it would click. Their styles don't compliment each other at all.

Sounds pretty spot on to me English. Nice round up.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect once KI is in we'll see departures. 

Someone may have to leave but I am not sure it will be Slimani based on KI coming in.

45 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

For the love of God, keep Slimani and sell Ulloa. 

It's not just about ability but what is economically viable.

If Iheanacho comes which looks 99% certain then our front two will more than likely be Vardy and Iheanacho. With no European football and playing mostly once a week there will be little scope for rotation. If we can get £25m for the 29 year old Slimani then it makes sense to sell him and keep Ulloa to fulfil his role in the squad,

On just one point he's historically known for taking a season or two to really hit his stride, when he was in his top spell for Sporting his first touch seemed a lot better (look at the youtube videos) - I do wonder however if he's going to get that un-interrupted run in the team game-to-game in order to bring him up to this level again. Kramaric you could tell was always a decent player but we couldn't give him the time to adjust as at the time we were looking in trouble with the drop.

It's really a situation of we have to fully commit to him as a side if we want him, or he really should be allowed to leave, if history is correct - we'll never get the best out of him otherwise and it'll be a waste for both the club and for him as a player.

10 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

On just one point he's historically known for taking a season or two to really hit his stride, when he was in his top spell for Sporting his first touch seemed a lot better (look at the youtube videos) - I do wonder however if he's going to get that un-interrupted run in the team game-to-game in order to bring him up to this level again. Kramaric you could tell was always a decent player but we couldn't give him the time to adjust as at the time we were looking in trouble with the drop.

It's really a situation of we have to fully commit to him as a side if we want him, or he really should be allowed to leave, if history is correct - we'll never get the best out of him otherwise and it'll be a waste for both the club and for him as a player.

I think Shakespeare might have plans for him afterall. Last season, Shakespeare found a system that worked and didn't have room or a need to try out other options. But with a full pre-season ahead, we can see if Slim is a good fit or not. 

Hilarious that some think Leo is a better bet than Slim - light years apart in taking chances and I think we've seen the best of Leo, not got close to that with Slimani yet, needs a good manager, over to you Shakey (or your replacement after Xmas)

3 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Hilarious that some think Leo is a better bet than Slim - light years apart in taking chances and I think we've seen the best of Leo, not got close to that with Slimani yet, needs a good manager, over to you Shakey (or your replacement after Xmas)

I don't think Leo is better than Slim, he's slightly more comfortable playing a lesser role, I also think Leo suits us more as his flick ons and hold up play is better. Slim plays on the shoulder, and does his best work in the box (he doesn't do a lot around it).

In terms of the squad decision I get why Leo is being prioritised over Slim.

19 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I don't think Leo is better than Slim, he's slightly more comfortable playing a lesser role, I also think Leo suits us more as his flick ons and hold up play is better. Slim plays on the shoulder, and does his best work in the box (he doesn't do a lot around it).

In terms of the squad decision I get why Leo is being prioritised over Slim.

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 15.46.09.png

I suppose he smiles now and again and Slimani has born with resting bitch face, so it's Slim who is the mardy one.  :D

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 15.46.09.png

I suppose he smiles now and again and Slimani has born with resting bitch face, so it's Slim who is the mardy one.  :D

I do get your point but it's Fairly well documented but he kicked off because Ranieri explicitly told him they wouldn't sign another striker and then they did, and various other promises which were unfulfilled (new contract for one). It was a very personal fall out.

Leo is a very popular member of the dressing room.

Archived