Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

6 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

West Ham transfer policy - First they try for a loan with us paying all wages, then they offer 10m, 12m, 16m.  Rinse and repeat for 5 more strikers before the window closes. 

They'll probably end up with Zaza again. On loan.

Newcastle transfer target Islam Slimani worried Leicester demands will cost him move to St James' Park

Striker looks surplus to requirements just a year after being Foxes' record buy but they want to get most of that £29m back

Islam Slimani wants to stay in the Premier League — but fears Leicester are pricing him out of a move to promoted Newcastle.

Striker Slimani moved to the then-champions from Portugal's Sporting Lisbon a year ago in a record £29million deal, and scored seven Premier League goals in 23 appearances, of which only 13 were starts.

But new permanent boss Craig Shakespeare is willing to offload the 29-year-old in a shake-up.

Shakespeare plans to continue with Jamie Vardy up front, and is close to a £25m deal to bring in Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City to partner him.

READ MORE

He also intends to give a new contract to target-man Leonardo Ulloa, which would push Slimani even further down the pecking order.

Leicester are insisting on recouping as much of their cash from Slimani’s transfer as possible, as well as moving on all his wages, which has priced Sporting out of a swift return to them for the Algeria international.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Newcastle transfer target Islam Slimani worried Leicester demands will cost him move to St James' Park

Striker looks surplus to requirements just a year after being Foxes' record buy but they want to get most of that £29m back

Islam Slimani wants to stay in the Premier League — but fears Leicester are pricing him out of a move to promoted Newcastle.

Striker Slimani moved to the then-champions from Portugal's Sporting Lisbon a year ago in a record £29million deal, and scored seven Premier League goals in 23 appearances, of which only 13 were starts.

But new permanent boss Craig Shakespeare is willing to offload the 29-year-old in a shake-up.

Shakespeare plans to continue with Jamie Vardy up front, and is close to a £25m deal to bring in Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City to partner him.

READ MORE

He also intends to give a new contract to target-man Leonardo Ulloa, which would push Slimani even further down the pecking order.

Leicester are insisting on recouping as much of their cash from Slimani’s transfer as possible, as well as moving on all his wages, which has priced Sporting out of a swift return to them for the Algeria international.

What is it with these Algerian's.

We bring them here pay them top dollar then they moan we want to much money for them.

Do they think we should give them away ffs.

I'm getting to the point the sooner they fvck off from our club the better.

I wish we were priced out.

If we're haggling to try and get the money we paid for him back he is being priced out isn't he?!

Perhaps he's just being honest, personally if we can get half of what we paid for him i'd take it and he'd be overpriced at that.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

We bring them here pay them top dollar then they moan we want to much money for them.

Which one of the quotes from Slimani are you most bothered by? X

56 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Why do you people choose to believe this crap, when he's not quoted at all?

It's simple: for most in here

1-if he's a fan favourite, it's possibly just rumors and press talk

2- if he's not, than he has a bad attitude , he's a problem in the locker room and doesn't fit well with the play style/teammates.

That's just foxestalk 101

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

It's simple: for most in here

1-if he's a fan favourite, it's possibly just rumors and press talk

2- if he's not, than he has a bad attitude , he's a problem in the locker room and doesn't fit well with the play style/teammates.

That's just foxestalk 101

About sums it up...

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

You can't go round thinking like that!

The thought police dictate who you should like.

You should like everyone and that's the end of it.       

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Boohoo can shut his high paid arse up and get paid well to do nothing. No sympathy here :ph34r:

True, being paid that much to do nothing is stupid, but some players just want to play. He seems like one of those, he is used to be a starter since in Sporting he was always the starter, so he won't like to be at the bench all season long I reckon.

Just now, Eagle10 said:

True, being paid that much to do nothing is stupid, but some players just want to play. He seems like one of those, he is used to be a starter since in Sporting he was always the starter, so he won't like to be at the bench all season long I reckon.

I understand and appreciate that thinking of course but at te same time theres always more players then starting rolea on any team so gotta suck it up and perform when called upon. I dont think slim is the type to be a d-bag about things.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I understand and appreciate that thinking of course but at te same time theres always more players then starting rolea on any team so gotta suck it up and perform when called upon. I dont think slim is the type to be a d-bag about things.

He will stagnate being in the bench. That isn't the best move for him, for the club it might be because then he makes a great plan B, although an expensive plan B, but for him it is a terrible move since he won't play as much as he could and he is already 29 years old.

35 minutes ago, Thracian said:

You can't go round thinking like that!

The thought police dictate who you should like.

You should like everyone and that's the end of it.       

Can you hear yourself?  No one is telling people how to think just disagreeing with someone who seems to have judged "these Algerians" based on terrible journalism.  I don;t want to shut him down or silence him but I sure will disagree with him.  I did not even say he should not have said what he did, I just asked which quotes from Slimani had annoyed him so.  You always seems a reasonable guy, which of his words precisely mean we should all have a go at him?  I am not trying to be snide here, I am genuinely asking because I think the report I saw did not include his quotes? 

Thought police!?!? I genuinely did what I believe the kids call "an LOL" at that.

X

Archived