Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

9 hours ago, SecretPro said:

That is utter wank. If rolling around on the floor and gangling around like a lame gazelle trumps goals and assists then yes, I spose you have a point. 

Don't need goals m8, flick-ons are what makes a Premier League striker. Ulloa's one goal in 500 minutes is what we need at Leicester. Slim only got 7 and 4 assists in 900 - not good enough. 

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Don't need goals m8, flick-ons are what makes a Premier League striker. Ulloa's one goal in 500 minutes is what we need at Leicester. Slim only got 7 and 4 assists in 900 - not good enough. 

lol 'flick-ons are what make a great striker' .  I'm going to have to find out have to have a quote signature and use that

25 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

lol

I think people are missing the point here. It's that neither Ulloa nor Slimani are really good enough. I'd happily sell both. 

Slimani cost more than 3 times what Ulloa did but is certainly not even twice as good - I don't think there's much between them at all and trying to make out Slimani is a much better player because he's scored less goals than Ulloa did in his first season but he's been injured a lot doesn't really stand up at all. How does that prove he's a good goalscorer? It's too small an amount of goals to confidently argue that and it makes no difference if he's injured all the time anyway.

Looking at his all round game he is clearly not a goalscorer at this level. He's slow and shit with his feet.

Slimani should be judged on his fee and so far it's been a right waste of money.

10 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Slimani should be judged on his fee

I guess that's where the problem lies. Most here prefer to judge players on how they perform, rather than taking into consideration their fee. 

15 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I think people are missing the point here. It's that neither Ulloa nor Slimani are really good enough. I'd happily sell both. 

Slimani cost more than 3 times what Ulloa did but is certainly not even twice as good - I don't think there's much between them at all and trying to make out Slimani is a much better player because he's scored less goals than Ulloa did in his first season but he's been injured a lot doesn't really stand up at all. How does that prove he's a good goalscorer? It's too small an amount of goals to confidently argue that and it makes no difference if he's injured all the time anyway.

Looking at his all round game he is clearly not a goalscorer at this level. He's slow and shit with his feet.

Slimani should be judged on his fee and so far it's been a right waste of money.

So Riyad should be judged on his fee?  Albrighton should be judged on his fee?

We like football in spite of the money.  The money doesn't inform football; except perhaps making it a bit sexier and more gossip-worthy.  In essence Slimani should be judged for what he's good at and how well he does it - movement and finishing in the box.  Did it pretty well for quite a few games. Inhibited by several factors.  If you're thinking '29 mil' every time you see him do something you're going to have  a skewed perspective of him as a player

The price was high because we needed someone desperately to assist with a campaign which was above our station

10 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Do you think that all our transfer targets were identified after Walsh left then?

Walsh and his team of scouts, target and identify players months in advance, so Walsh as head of recruitment going into last summer, would have been instrumental in identifying and recommending most of the players we signed last summer.

Slimani was someone we had been trying to sign while Pearson was still here!

Personally i don`t think we have seen the best of Slimani, although he certainly wasn`t our worst player last season, and i think with a full pre season, and a bit more time with the rest of the squad, he may well be a real asset this season.

The fact that we are seemingly  giving Ulloa a new contract suggests to me that Slimani may well be moved on though.

Personally i would sooner keep Slimani and offload Ulloa myself.

People seem to find it hard to differentiate between monitoring someone and approving them. Lets look at Slimani, it was first rumoured years back we had an interest in him. This was back when he was worth a mere fraction of what we bought him for.

Last summer Slimani had a release clause in his contract for less than what we paid, but whilst Walsh was here we chose not to sign him and that clause lapsed. Once Walsh left we seemed to have a last minute panic and paid a load more than we would have done earlier in the summer. So why didn't we sign him before?

Did Walsh think he wasn't worth even that price? Did he think we'd since moved on and he wasn't what we needed?

Reading between the lines it looks to me like he was someone we monitored, but we didn't think he was worth the price. Once we failed with other targets and once Walsh wasn't around to oppose the signing (Percy seems to think he wasn't keen) we went and over paid for him.

4 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Other than helping Leicester progress to the round of 16 in the CL?

1 minute ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Just been talking to a city fan slim is injured again according to him. Does anyone know if this is true. 

Unless he injured himself jumping into the sea with all the other players... unlikely.

22 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If that's the case then it would confirm a general thought that Shakespeare and all of the other backroom staff had absolutely no input

what so ever in last summers signings i.e Ranieri had complete control and the ultimate decision in any new signings.

Quite scary if true and maybe Claudio isn't as cuddly as you think.

What a load of shit you've written there.

We were in for Slimani and Musa the season before - they were scouted by Walsh ffs for the 1,000000000th time.

Add Amartey to that list - not good enough.

How convenient it is to throw everything that's deemed bad at Ranieri's door. 

I suspect May 16 you were not calling him a twat when we'd won the league.

To my knowledge for the record the following were signings by Ranieri:

Mendy - constantly injured.

Benny - reasonable 

Gray - promising

Inler - shit

Kaputska - looks like he's decent but never given a chance.

It really is pathetic how two faced people are and how they can forget what a brilliant time we had with him at the helm.

Yes things turned to shit, but surely you can see mitigating circumstances, such Walsh's signings being awful, Mahrez swanning around taking the piss EDIT: Kante leaving etc.

He needed to go, but it gets my goat the disrespect shown at times I find it bewildering, even shameful.

1 hour ago, nigelbee said:

https://bracethehammer.sbnation.com/2017/7/13/15962730/go-away-leicester-city-west-ham-united-doesnt-want-islam-slimani

Go away West Ham. You are not big enough or good enough to take any of our players. 

And as for your sloppy seconds stadium................

How cringeworthy of a read was that ! :/

jeez

16 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

We were in for Slimani and Musa the season before - they were scouted by Walsh ffs for the 1,000000000th time.

Benny - reasonable 

Gray - promising

Inler - shit

It really is pathetic how two faced people are and how they can forget what a brilliant time we had with him at the helm.

Yes things turned to shit, but surely you can see mitigating circumstances, such Walsh's signings being awful, Mahrez swanning around taking the piss etc.

He needed to go, but it gets my goat the disrespect shown at times I find bewildering, even shameful.

+ Ndidi

Look we'll never know exactly who was and wasn't picked by who. Whether Walsh had a say or Ranieri had a say, or Rudkin stuck a pin in a board. We can take educated guesses and nothing more. We might as well just give in because the only people who truly know will never say. Walsh picked some duds, but he also signed three of the best players to pull on the shirt for about £6.5m quid. His signings got us from league one to winning the premier league, he's allowed a few ****ing shit ones. Ditto Ranieri, we can debate his input from here until next Christmas... but I doubt very much we'd have won the league without him.

So lets just all let it go.

11 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Benny - reasonable 

Gray - promising

Inler - shit

Yes things turned to shit, but surely you can see mitigating circumstances, such Walsh's signings being awful, Mahrez swanning around taking the piss EDIT: Kante leaving etc.

He needed to go, but it gets my goat the disrespect shown at times I find it bewildering, even shameful.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one,  very well said! Walsh is not the transfer God people make him out to be. Ranieri also isn't the incompetent fool some others make him out to be either. Whilst we may have rode our luck at times, it was Ranieri's tweaks of genius that made us.

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

No that was Shinji.

14 hours ago, Argarath said:

Fell of his bike when a sudden burst of air blew him off? :P

Not sure Slim was able to get on the bike, as soon as his foot hit the pedal, the bike ended up 10 yards away.

On 7/13/2017 at 07:57, nigelbee said:

https://bracethehammer.sbnation.com/2017/7/13/15962730/go-away-leicester-city-west-ham-united-doesnt-want-islam-slimani

Go away West Ham. You are not big enough or good enough to take any of our players. 

And as for your sloppy seconds stadium................

Given how much WHU's transfer strategy is looking like ours last summer, I'd say yes, they are in for him.  Hopefully for a plump fee.  But re-signing Leo weakens the negotiating position unless there are other suitors.

3 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

Dean Jones:

Expect West Ham to make a move for Islam Slimani once Leicester have £25m Kelechi Iheanacho on board

West Ham transfer policy - First they try for a loan with us paying all wages, then they offer 10m, 12m, 16m.  Rinse and repeat for 5 more strikers before the window closes. 

Archived