Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

What is it with these Algerian's.

We bring them here pay them top dollar then they moan we want to much money for them.

Do they think we should give them away ffs.

I'm getting to the point the sooner they fvck off from our club the better.

Who did you bring? 

Pity we can't fuse together Musa and Slimani like some sort of averagly powerful Pokemon,

Not sure we'd have much of a better player - but he'd be big, with decent positioning and really, really fast

We might even get lucky and end up with them evolving into a new shiny Lloyd Dyer :whistle:

Yeah, think i'm losing it again lol

23 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He is shocking. £30 million!! Get rid ASAP

His positioning was amazing and his runs were superb, just his touch was off. Got absolutely no service via crosses, too.

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Its amusing how we can all agree its the first game of pre-season so we can't judge players too strongly unless they're players we don't rate

Spot on. If it was Vardy people would say "No worries, he still made awesome runs and it is just the first game" but as it is Slimani people are saying to get rid.

Guest ttfn
4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Spot on. If it was Vardy people would say "No worries, he still made awesome runs and it is just the first game" but as it is Slimani people are saying to get rid.

Probably because we've seen Vardy deliver time and again. We can't say the same for Slimani.

I don't get the Slimani bashing, I'm sure he's a good striker but he's been a crap signing for us so far mainly because he was injured all the time last season. There's no getting away from that - you can have the best minutes-per-goal ratio in the world but if you're never fit then it's pointless.

He's had a rusty touch since he's been here. Get into the positions all you want if you can't control a ball it's pointless. Difference between Vardy and Slimani is Vardy has proved himself and you don't need to worry about him, Slimani hasn't.

I thought Slimani was good today, apart from that touch... Can't account for a bounce on that pitch though

He's the 2nd most dangerous front man we have & offers something different to the other one

Ulloa, god bless him... isn't of the same standard

51 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He's had a rusty touch since he's been here. Get into the positions all you want if you can't control a ball it's pointless. Difference between Vardy and Slimani is Vardy has proved himself and you don't need to worry about him, Slimani hasn't.

Should he continue to miss-control throughout training and pre-season I am sure Shakespeare and the team will make a decision on him.

Strikers should be allowed adequate time to fit into a team. As should any player. The way people talk about Slimani, it's like he hasn't made any form of contribution since signing. He has scored and assisted in a season with us that was marred with injuries and in a team that was poor for the first half of the season. He deserves a fair crack at it with a good pre-season under his belt.

He's better than Ulloa, contrary to some fans beliefs. He didn't put the £28-30m price tag on his head (literally his head in his case so far). I honestly believe he has a lot more to offer. Like all strikers he needs the service. I just don't think he will get the service he requires due to the way we play.

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

Just because you are saying he has had a rusty touch since he signed, time and time again doesn't mean it is true. Last season he didn't have that many dodgy touches, only sometimes, you can't generalize, because that isn't true. Vardy himself had some dodgy touches aswell last season, my point is every player has dodgy touches, and it is July and is first game in a while nothing to be worried about. He made some good runs, and got some chances, that is something the fans should be happy about.

This has become another utterly boring thread. There are certain posters who are just unwilling to discuss Slimani with any objectivity. 

It's pointless. When people are just so biased they just can't see any of a players shortcomings  (or attributes) we ain't gonna get anywhere.

His touch certainly isn't the best, but it's the first game of pre-season and on a dodgy pitch. Be interesting to see what he's like with a full pre-season behind him - if we don't sell him that is. Still think he's a very good option to have.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This has become another utterly boring thread. There are certain posters who are just unwilling to discuss Slimani with any objectivity. 

It's pointless. When people are just so biased they just can't see any of a players shortcomings  (or attributes) we ain't gonna get anywhere.

lol 

Archived