Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Slimani

I'd love him to stay and come good, but I just can't see it. He's nowhere near the kind of player to partner Vardy (egs Okazaki, Deeney, Iheanacho) and there's no sign of the club thinking of 'rotating' him & Vardy, which is what I expected when we signed him. 

If we can get 80-90% of what we paid for him back, take it, with some reluctance 

If the guy goes who talked him in to coming here he'll be pretty isolated

Just feel if we're keeping Ulloa then it's saying he can leave....... Just hope he goes abroad, I would hate to see him getting a bag full of goals for another Premier Team and thinking of what might have been.

Sorry, but every time Kramaric scored last season it felt like we missed out

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

If that's the case then it would confirm a general thought that Shakespeare and all of the other backroom staff had absolutely no input

what so ever in last summers signings i.e Ranieri had complete control and the ultimate decision in any new signings.

Quite scary if true and maybe Claudio isn't as cuddly as you think.

11 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If that's the case then it would confirm a general thought that Shakespeare and all of the other backroom staff had absolutely no input

what so ever in last summers signings i.e Ranieri had complete control and the ultimate decision in any new signings.

Quite scary if true and maybe Claudio isn't as cuddly as you think.

I don't agree. I'm pretty sure that all six (save Kaputska) had been approved by Steve Walsh.

Remember him? You know, the legend who couldn't put a foot wrong in the transfer market?

I'd be worried if I were an Everton fan...

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

I don't agree. I'm pretty sure that all six (save Kaputska) had been approved by Steve Walsh.

Remember him? You know, the legend who couldn't put a foot wrong in the transfer market?

TBF Kanté was vastly preferred by the scouting team over Mendy (Ranieri wanted him desperately) and Walsh wasn't sold on Slimani.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:49, foxes21 said:
9 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Looking at the timeline I'd say maybe Musa was a Walsh signing ... the rest definitely Ranieri

4 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Looking at the timeline I'd say maybe Musa was a Walsh signing ... the rest definitely Ranieri

Musa and Hernandez were Walsh signings.

Slimani wasn't a Walsh signing.

No idea about the others.

Oddly Slimani's been the best out of the lot..

Slimani, Musa, Benny, Hernandez and Kaputska were all Steve Walsh signings...al of which were monitored under Pearson and his time at the club....the only player Ranieri wanted way Mendy, and Walsh didn't....

Claudio's hair brain second season basically forced all of those players out, bar Slimani who was injured....I reckon Musa will be used this season...and I think islam will too....

Why are people saying Ulloa will be "happy to be second string"?

he didn't look too happy when his weird face popped up on SSN last January.

cause he was 4th choice behind a dog shite musa

slimani was ok until winter arrived then the gloves came, lack of energy and injury.

hes not even young at 29 he should have been on fire straight away. his wages are also likely higher than ulloa as well.

I really, really cannot see the sense in giving 30-year-old Ulloa (who frankly is painfully limited) a new contract, but selling Slimani, who in his first, difficult season got 11 goals and assists (in 23 games), whereas Ulloa has 23 goals and assists in 82 games in 3 seasons. Where is the logic here?

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

as ulloa is involved in more play, look past the goals

Yeah, his 5 assists in 3 seasons really trump Slimani's 4 assists in 1. They have roughly the same pass rate.

25 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Slimani, Musa, Benny, Hernandez and Kaputska were all Steve Walsh signings...al of which were monitored under Pearson and his time at the club....the only player Ranieri wanted way Mendy, and Walsh didn't....

Claudio's hair brain second season basically forced all of those players out, bar Slimani who was injured....I reckon Musa will be used this season...and I think islam will too....

Slimani arrived on deadline day 31/08/16 .. Walsh left on 21/07/16 ... how could he be a Walsh signing ?

6 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Slimani arrived on deadline day 31/08/16 .. Walsh left on 21/07/16 ... how could he be a Walsh signing ?

Do you think that all our transfer targets were identified after Walsh left then?

Walsh and his team of scouts, target and identify players months in advance, so Walsh as head of recruitment going into last summer, would have been instrumental in identifying and recommending most of the players we signed last summer.

Slimani was someone we had been trying to sign while Pearson was still here!

Personally i don`t think we have seen the best of Slimani, although he certainly wasn`t our worst player last season, and i think with a full pre season, and a bit more time with the rest of the squad, he may well be a real asset this season.

The fact that we are seemingly  giving Ulloa a new contract suggests to me that Slimani may well be moved on though.

Personally i would sooner keep Slimani and offload Ulloa myself.

15 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

I believe he is stating that the players were scouted and recommended before Walsh left the club. Slimani was certainly rumoured to be a target for some time. 

In actual fact if our chief scout left tomorrow I'd really question his competence if our recruitment strategy fell apart within a few short weeks of him leaving. 

31 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

as ulloa is involved in more play, look past the goals

That is utter wank. If rolling around on the floor and gangling around like a lame gazelle trumps goals and assists then yes, I spose you have a point. 

I don't give a fuch whose signings they were. Mandy hasn't been able to prove anything due to injuries. Cabbage has had few opportunities. Musa looked good going down the middle but crap on the wing. Slimani, despite injuries, posted reasonable figures. Hernandez was poor. Zieler mediocre. 

Archived