Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Things you've learned today.

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That when I avoid the temptation to post on here, I actually get a shit load of work done :)

So, you thought you'd give in to the temptation to tell us that?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

I'm amazed that you can drive with a migraine.  When I get them my powers of reasoning take a hit along with my reaction time (plus the feeling of having a pin through the eye is distracting).  Of course if it hits halfway through a journey then that's just bad luck.

I can't usually. Left the house thinking it was just a bad headache, and got to my job and felt like death, was sick three times at the job ( in a church ) and told the church peeps I've to go home I'm ill. 

I can't understand it when people say on Facebook "I've got a migraine" if I have one, I have to sleep it off, not piss about with social media!!

Do you suffer with them very often? Certain foods and tea are a trigger for mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I can't usually. Left the house thinking it was just a bad headache, and got to my job and felt like death, was sick three times at the job ( in a church ) and told the church peeps I've to go home I'm ill. 

I can't understand it when people say on Facebook "I've got a migraine" if I have one, I have to sleep it off, not piss about with social media!!

Do you suffer with them very often? Certain foods and tea are a trigger for mine.

I get them pretty regularly. Had two last week on holiday. We went to a Haven site and I took my two boys to see the entertainment one evening whilst the Mrs went to the shops. It came on as soon as I got to the show so had to drag them straight back out again. To say they were unimpressed is a massive understatement.

Just now, pds said:

I get them pretty regularly. Had two last week on holiday. We went to a Haven site and I took my two boys to see the entertainment one evening whilst the Mrs went to the shops. It came on as soon as I got to the show so had to drag them straight back out again. To say they were unimpressed is a massive understatement.

I usually wake up with mine. Do you know what causes yours? Two in a week is unlucky!

2 minutes ago, pds said:

No idea, I tend to get them in batches. Several within a few weeks then none for a few months. I get blurred vision first followed by the feeling of my teeth being spongy then the slurred speech.

This is without alcohol!

Stress, cheese and pickle, coco pops and too many pillows are triggers for mine. Also if I'm around people who smoke? Very strange!

1 hour ago, Buce said:

So, you thought you'd give in to the temptation to tell us that?

I'm tempted to answer that but I'm far too busy getting shit done :D

46 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I started getting migraines in my early teens and by my twenties was averaging two per week.  I was told that they were stress-related which made sense, I'd often get them at the weekend.  Apparently when the brain detects a stressful situation it diverts blood from the brain to the muscles.  This causes the capillaries in the brain to shrink with the reduced blood flow.  When the 'stress' goes away the blood flow returns to normal, the situation is then that the capillaries are pressured by the increased blood flow after shrinkage resulting in pain.  My migraines were typically on one side of the head only with a piercing pain through the eye. My brain didn't work too well either.  Essentially it was a disorder of the central nervous system.

As I aged the frequency of the migraines reduced, however I rarely get one now.  I can't prove for certain why but they disappeared at the same time I started to be treated by a Chiropractor for pain in my arm which was thought to be caused by a spinal irregularity.  The pain in my arm is long gone but I still see the Chiropractor half a dozen times a year and the migraines haven't come back - I probably only get three or four a year now.

14 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I started getting migraines in my early teens and by my twenties was averaging two per week.  I was told that they were stress-related which made sense, I'd often get them at the weekend.  Apparently when the brain detects a stressful situation it diverts blood from the brain to the muscles.  This causes the capillaries in the brain to shrink with the reduced blood flow.  When the 'stress' goes away the blood flow returns to normal, the situation is then that the capillaries are pressured by the increased blood flow after shrinkage resulting in pain.  My migraines were typically on one side of the head only with a piercing pain through the eye. My brain didn't work too well either.  Essentially it was a disorder of the central nervous system.

As I aged the frequency of the migraines reduced, however I rarely get one now.  I can't prove for certain why but they disappeared at the same time I started to be treated by a Chiropractor for pain in my arm which was thought to be caused by a spinal irregularity.  The pain in my arm is long gone but I still see the Chiropractor half a dozen times a year and the migraines haven't come back - I probably only get three or four a year now.

I've spent many hours researching on line about migraines and causes, there's an ingredient in diet drinks that can be a trigger, exercise, sleep, lack of, too much, chocolate, alcohol, ice cream, dairy products, lots of stuff. And it's supposedly more common in women than men, and also hereditary.

Mine are the same, stabbing pain behind one eye and one side of my head. I can go months without any then a few in a short space of time, horrible, horrible things!

Not sure where to put this and don't feel it needs its own thread... but after seeing the initial reports of this everywhere yesterday, I've then only happened to come across this one rebuttal from the teachers brother. 

Fortuantely, we now get a picture of said teacher too so we can judge whether we would;

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/brother-claims-mile-high-club-247989.amp

8 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Not sure where to put this and don't feel it needs its own thread... but after seeing the initial reports of this everywhere yesterday, I've then only happened to come across this one rebuttal from the teachers brother. 

Fortuantely, we now get a picture of said teacher too so we can judge whether we would;

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/brother-claims-mile-high-club-247989.amp

Towards the end of the article it talks of her "blowing her career" . 

An unfortunate choice of words.

• Haha 1

Guest BlueBrett

When there's an office move taking place and 90% of the workforce are female gender equality goes straight out the window.

I'm bloody knackered

That TalkTalk, even after you have left them are still incompetent buffoons.

They send a not yet final bill for a full month and ask not to remove the direct debit, even though the service finished at the start of the month.

They are contacted and told the bill is incorrect and the service is no longer with them and they say sorry, the next final bill will be refund.

Then they send a threatening E-mail for non payment of bill and when contacted say they removed the direct debit and that I owe them £3 and that I should pay by card:blink:

The reply they get is NO! you messed up, you as per usual made a mess of this, you sort it out because I'm not paying by card, you cancelled the direct debit and made a mess of this situation as per normal with the service you provide.

The answer I received was baffling and I fully expect to get a new E-mail at some point from this company.

The best line was, after I told them about how incompetent they've been since taking over Tiscali, " oh, I bet you will get these issues with your new provider," to which reply was, no, they have been plain sailing thus far :).

On 7/27/2017 at 23:52, Crinklyfox said:

Chiro's are an absolute life saver.